Chapter 2: Rendezvous'

Chapter 2: Rendezvous'

A Chapter by Nikkikid48
"

Your still in the dark, but remember to pay attention...

"
Chapter 2: Rendezvous

So where was I?...Oh yeah, I was hungry. And by now I can gather the usual night crew is done with business and waiting at the usual dive, each of us waiting to show off the night's bounty.
Traffic light. Two blocks away, no traffic in sight, and I hit a bloody light. Well the least I can do is honor this dismal little bleeping spot to make amends for a hard hours work.
The lot was spotted with a few cars. Nothing spectacular. I could tell I'd be getting the glory, and most likely the bill.
I beamed at the speck of a woman who seats me with my usual company.
"Ruth! My darling, always a vision of beauty...thank you"
I half believe me.'She thinks I'm a London banker'
She dismisses herself not being privy to the conversation of made men. 'Little does she know'.
We were a few short of the usual crowd. But the major players were always accounted for.
Lincoln, was a early thirties sharp shooter. He was average for the most part, nothing incredibly intimidating. Blond, boyish, and unsuspecting. He was quite the employee. I'd certainly have him on my payroll. Better he work for me then on me.
Beta, was the newest, and wanted nothing more than to prove himself. Specialty; toxins, and herbotics. He was a good enough guy.
Omicron, or "Mic", was the muscle, a bit useless to me, no brains. But he too served his purpose.
And then their was Tau and Eta, two of few women who make it in this business. Honestly when they worked together their 'talents' lets say went further. Don't get me wrong in no way am I demeaning their contribution. In fact, seduction is one of our more powerful tools. But lets just say its easier for them than Mic.
As for me I was more of a maverick, an improv showman. I likened more to variety then a specialty perse'.
"Pass the red Linc" said Mic who was shoveling hash down like one of them starving Americans from the 'Vusion'.
While Idle morning chatter was what we were used to in this establishment I had something a little more pressing to cover than ketchup and Mic's breakfast. " So any news?".
There was a mix of blank and foreboding stares. "News?...Well I'm sure the new merger of Prime UK and BOE accounts for news, eh?" Eta casually spat from across the table in an increasingly warning tone, frustration burning through her eyes.
"No, no my fine tempered friend...News" I answered coolly. They knew exactly what I meant but it wasn't exactly company policy to discuss business in public. In fact it was damn near grounds for termination.
Lincoln picked up on the mood and to my elation took care of the bill, as though I was still worried about fruit juice and morning sausage. We all picked up and moved outside. Beta making sure to buy a paper on the way out, like he would even read it.
It had started raining and the gun metal gray BMW somehow looked even better than before. The sun seemed to try to outshine it, but this darker day seemed to suit its attitude, and mine a little better.
That elegance was quickly disrupted as we pile drived into a five seater car with six adults, Mic himself demanded the room of three, and so naturally the four others needed to fit in back as he and I sat in the front.
Lincoln spoke first as what was closest to the voice of reason. "Why, would you do that?"
He was polite enough but there was a condescending edge, and I answered with a bit more bite than necessary. "Why the hell not...As if anyone in there, if anyone at all has a clue" They gave me silence. "...And how long? How long has it been since our last real news, hmm?" I seemed a bit like a hungry dog, begging for attention.
Tau of course hastened to answer the rhetorical question "Four days"
"Four days!" I burst as if it were all the proof I needed. I was a little embarrassed, even I realized then the normality of that kind of wait.
"Sounds like someones a little blood hungry huh?" Mic offered shifting uncomfortably in the small seats. Over the noise of the creaking and squeaking leather I growled "Hardly" through clenched teeth, while I wished hopefully his girth wouldn't floor the car.
"I think we all need to step back and relax, all of us. This isn't the first time someones gotten a little stir crazy, even without reason. So lets just cool down and go on with our own assignments okay? And if anyone gets news we'll reconvene tomorrow, same time same place, agreed" Lincoln chimed in again the voice of reason eying each respective party with particular care to stress sincerity.
There was no vote of 'yay' or 'nay', but rather a silent indifference. Everyone exited momentarily disrupting the quiet inside with the torrential downpour outside while opening their heavy doors. Lincoln and Beta chanced supportive glares on the way out as if to say 'been there'.
Then it was over. Our morning rendezvous at an end. And while I gripped the wheel to help facilitate my thoughts on what to do, and where to go I realized.;' God damn, I didn't even get to eat!'...
And so at least for now I had my mission.


© 2008 Nikkikid48


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Impressive, well done! I like "There was no vote of 'yay' or 'nay', but rather a silent indifference."
Also, you can change the end of " at the usual dive, each of us waiting to show off the nights bounty. " to "night's bounty"

Posted 15 Years Ago


so it seems something that came off very personal and sadistic is more organized than i thought. This is looking better and better all the time. keep it up. and i'm totally here to offer advice and or criticism if any is needed!


kudos

peace!

-T

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008


Author

Nikkikid48
Nikkikid48

NY



About
I need help with my writing. I wont bother myself with anything witty here. Please help with the tough stuff! :) more..

Writing
Beyond Beyond

A Poem by Nikkikid48



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..