The Mark Of The Fallen

The Mark Of The Fallen

A Story by The Fallen

There are secrets, there are always those tiny but most valuable secrets my parent's keep from me. That is probably why I am currently running, running for my life from some man who started following me hours ago. My converse pounding against the black, damp, pavement. The sky is black, and fog hangs in the thick air. I stop for a moment, attempting to catch my breath but I can still hear his footsteps bounce off the building walls . My brown hair falls over my blue almost black eyes. My breathing is ragged, and comes in short breaths. Tears roll down my cheeks, knowing I cannot keep going for much longer.

There he is, his strong, lean shadow appears in the fog. Tattered, broken black wings extend from his back. I stare blankly at them, taking in the wonder of the fact that they were un-real to me a day before. What or who is he? Even from a few steps away I could see that he was shirtless, beads of sweat developed on his tight abs. His sandy blonde hair fell over his navy blue eyes, I take a few steps back until I feel the coolness of a brick building behind me. What did he want with me? He stood there staring in complete silence. I could attempt to run, run far away from here but if those wings were real, he would catch up with me.

“How do you not know?” He finally speaks, his voice deep and his question to the point. He wastes no time getting answers as he takes a few steps forward.

“How do I not know what?” I look at him, my nails digging into the palm of my hand.

“So beautiful, such a shame I must force you to take an oath.” He says, moving quickly towards me, I reach down and grab a knife from the inside of my socks. I hold it in front of me.

“You come any closer, and you are dead!” I warn him, trembling as I hold the knife protectively in front of me. I hoped he would stay away, I hoped he wouldn't dare come any closer because I had nothing else to protect myself from him.

“I need your body, I need a body to call my own for two weeks.” He looks at me coolly. What is he talking about?!

“Who..What are you?” I ask, still holding the knife before me.

“I am Seth, and you my dear are a Nephil.” He said. He was beginning to flap his wings, creating a gust of wing that instantaneously blew my knife out of my hands. The ground beneath me began trembling, I looked up at the the boy, a smile playing on his lips. I could feel the air in my lungs fading away, I was coughing for air when Seth tipped my chin up to look me in the eyes.

“Swear an oath, a oath of fealty.” He demanded. I gritted my teeth, shaking my head. “Do it now!” He growled. My vision began to get blurry, and his smile was disappearing.

“W-Why..” I managed to choke out.

“It is almost Cheshvan,” Seth gripped my chin tightly between his two fingers. “Swear the oath, get down on one knee and swear it to me.” He demanded again.

“What are you!” I squeezed my eyes shut, his eyes were magical making me weak to his beauty and power.

“I have fallen, and I need you to swear the oath now! I do not have much time!” He said, releasing my chin, and gently knocking me to the ground. Placing my left knee on the ground I said quietly. “I swear an oath to you.”

“I will see you in a months time, my dear. Please do not kill that body, for I need it.” Seth started to furl his black wings into his back, the fog was lifting. Pulling my sleeve up, I revealed a red feather mark on my wrist. I remembered reading in a book once it was called, The mark of the fallen.

© 2013 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your story got my attention from the beginning, It was very intense and eye catching. I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is awesome story my fellow poet and writer. Im glad I check you out. It's very similar in context and content with my piece " FALLEN" . Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Omg...i love the mysterious writing form, and i love the story line!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading
Very cool... I was held in the mystery and intensity of the situation the entire time!! I don't understand though why he wants her body for two weeks, but she says see you in a month... But otherwise, really great drama!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

He takes her body for two weeks, in a months time called Chevestan or however you spell it..
T.. read more
Horizon K.

10 Years Ago

Oh okay... That part was a bit unclear.. Also I think the formatting, I didn't at first realize it w.. read more
Hush Hush all the way here, but the Seth character reminds me of another character for a different book I read as well (don't ask me what the name was cause I don't remember and it starts with a V and was sort of long XD) He was a very sinister angel, and not really evil, just very devoted to God, but in his own twisted sort of wrong way. Anyway, this is a great story my friend, good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

xD Obviously Hush Hush
This remind me of a book i read!! Hush hush i think... I've read too many fallen books to remember :P But this is amazing :) Your writing is always worth read :) Thank you for being amazing at writing!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Aha I love hush hush and I have read so many fallen books as well :3 thank you
This is amazing! I love it XD great descriptions! I could see everything perfectly! I imagine Seth like Ash though XD hehe

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thank you. And Seth is a tad bit..more demanding and such. ash is a sweetie :3
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

So true XD
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Yeah
WOWS! This is really intense and good and just....ERMAHGERD. I love stories about the Fallen...honestly, if I were able and there was a classs, I would study them for school. Great job, mon amie :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Aha I love the fallen too!!' like I'm in love with them!!!
Thank you
Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

you are so welcome :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2013
Last Updated on March 22, 2013
Tags: Fallen, Angel, Marks, Oath, Supernatural

Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..