Chapter 26- WhiteHenge

Chapter 26- WhiteHenge

A Chapter by The Fallen

Silas


I took my first step on the grey stone path that lead to the marketplace. A blue-stone castle laid in the centre of all the houses, and stores. The marketplace was full of bustling red eyed demons, Cilan and I walked through the marketplace, the smell of fresh baked bread filled my nose. Rain began to pelt my back, seeping through my black cloak. Cilan had a grinned plastered across his face that went ear to ear, and his only though was, Althea I'm back! Beyond the castle, and the kingdom I could see faint explosions of light, followed by millions of different colours. I looked over at the stables, which held three brown horses. One of the horses reared up on their hind legs, the faint blue colouring on it's nose began to glow. Another fallen Demon, breaking it's bond with his or her animal. I thought to myself. The horse relaxed, it's breathing was heavy and the glowing light began to dim itself. I knew that, that horse would wait a life time waiting for the demon to return, but they never would



I had just noticed that a white long haired cat was following Cilan, meowing quietly. Cilan looked behind him giving the cat a sad smile.

“This cat belongs to a demon, who died in the war.” He told me. I nodded and knelt down, the cat hesitantly walked up to me, swishing it's tail behind it. “Her name is Olesia.” The cat's white fur had a faint pink marking along her back. I Stroked her ear, she purred softly, pressing her cheek into the palm of my hand.



“She's adorable.” I muttered. Olesia's brown eyes darkened as she looked around hopefully.



“Olesia...She is not back.” Cilan said, straightening himself out. Olesia's tail stopped moving, and she turned away from me and ran off quickly. I watched her go, her head hung and her tail dragging behind her. I stood up and looked over at Cilan. “She has been waiting for her, for roughly four years.” He sighed and turned around and continued walking, I reluctantly followed him.

Cilan came to a halt in front of a wooden bridge that connected the town to the castle. He gestured to it, and I raised a questioning brow at him. Cilan rolled his eyes and began to make his way across it, the guards bowed in his presence then they looked up at me. Their jaw dropped, and they knelt down bowing their heads towards me. Cilan quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me into the castle, the gate shut behind us.



The floor was glass, and beneath it laid sharp rocks. Blue drapes hung from the windows, shutting out any light from coming into the room. Cilan looked at one of the blonde haired maids.



Can you get father for me?” He asked sweetly. The maid nodded and quickly exited the room.

Why are we in the castle?” I asked, looked at the many paintings in the room. One picture caught my eyes, a man with brown hair and red eyes held a almost-dead looking girl in his arms. Her black hair dangled in the air, and her black dress hung on her clothes. The man had an emotionless face, as he looked down at her. Suddenly the picture began to stir, as blood began to seep through the girls clothes, creating a red puddle beneath her. I took a few steps back, bumping into Cilan.



That photo is something the prophetess painted for our parents.” He muttered, staring at it. “We are the princes, not by blood though.” He said. I spun around and narrowed my eyes at him.



You're lying.” I growled.



No I am not.” He replied. “We were born in the village, then our parents died. We were then given to the king and queen so they could decide our fate. The queen was unable to have a child, so they decided to adopt us. So that makes us princes.” He explained. I crossed my arms, debating whether or not to believe this story. There was no way on Earth I was a prince!



I looked at him and shook my head,”I am not a prince! I refuse to believe it.”



Whatever.” Cilan looked to farthest hallway. A older looking man, with a red cape on stepped out from the shadows. He looked at Cilan, then immediately at me. His eyes widened.



Is this who I think it is?” He asked. Cilan nodded in reply. I stood there, staring at the man. His dark brown hair framed his oval face and his red eyes stared back at me as if examining me as well. He wore a black silk shirt, along with pants. Behind him emerged a younger lady with blonde hair in a bun, and red eyes the colour of the setting sun. She wore a red dress that went down past her ankles. She stood up straight and looked at me with a welcoming smile.



Silas.” She said, taking a step towards me past her husband. She held out her hand, waiting for me to take it, but all I did was stare at her. I rubbed my eyes, wondering if it was all a dream. Cilan nudged me forward. “My name is Myridia, Queen Myridia.” She turned to her husband. “And he is King Creon.” She looked back at me, smiling once again. “You may call us your mother and father if you are comfortable with that, if not feel free to call us by our names.”



So, I really am a prince?” I blinked a few times, waiting for reality to click in.



Yes you are, we have been awaiting your return for a while.” King Creon stepped forward, taking his rightful place beside his wife. “How is the princess?” He asked. I hung my head in shame, and glared at the rocks through the floor.



She was kidnapped the day I left.” I said weakly. I was disappointed in myself for not turning around the moment I had heard that had happened. Instead I kept going, for I wanted to know my parents. But the thought of my best friend, the girl I love being trapped by those monsters was getting to me now. As soon as I was done here, I was going to go to Destiny, as quick as possible.



Then why are you here?” Myridia placed her hand on my shoulder. “We will always be here, but she may not.” Her words made my heart ache.



I needed to see you. I needed to know the life I would have had.” I replied.



I understand.” Myridia took a step back and looked at the king. “We do not have much to tell you, we just want to spend time with the child we took into our care.” She smiled again.



I am going to see Althea.” Cilan announced. The king and queens smile disappeared, they looked at him.



She has gotten worse, son.” King Creon said. “She can barely speak, Olesia hasn't left her side. It would not surprise me if they both died together.”



She isn't going to die! I am going with Silas back to the human world, we will being Destiny back and she will save Althea!” Cilan said. “Olesia will be fine as well.” Cilan turned his back to us and walked out of the castle, his head held high even though his thoughts were all over the place. I knew he was counting on Destiny to help him, but I wasn't to sure if she was able to do a thing. She still had a lot to learn, and so did I.



Since you are here, Silas. I will make some tea, and we can talk.” Myridia said, I didn't think I was going to be able to call her my mother. It was just to strange. She made her way towards the kitchen, I began to notice there weren't many servants in this castle as there was in Danhorn.



Where are all your servants?” I asked her. I heard her sigh softly as she began to fill the kettle with water.



We had to send them to war.” She replied, setting the kettle on the stove. “Many of us here are going to have to retreat to the next kingdom over.” She said softly. She took a seat at the huge oak table in the dining room. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, dimly lighting the beige painted room. “If you would like, I would love it if you could tell me about yourself.” She placed her hands in her lap.



The first power I gained was my internal flame. When I returned to Danhorn two years ago, King Lawrence taught me how to master it. That is when I learned how to speak and listen to others thoughts. When I told Destiny she was a princess and returned her to her father I gained cosmic control.” I told her, refusing to meet my mothers eyes.



You are strong. Though I knew you would be.” She laughed lightly. “I am actually quite excited to meet this legendary princess.” She said, she suddenly stood up. “Your father wanted to show you something.” She gestured to a dark hall way. I hesitantly walked into the hallway, one door stood at the end. I pushed it open, King Creon stood in the middle, staring at a picture.



Look at this picture, tell me who do you see?” He asked. I looked over at the photograph, a girl with purple-ish black hair stood beside a girl who looked vaguely familiar. Destiny. “The one girl is the protector of Night Falls, Raven. She rarely becomes human, she normally remains as a black leopard and never strays far from the falls. But someone, somehow has gotten her to abandon the falls. My only guess is that Destiny is in trouble.” He placed his hands behind his back.



Why would she want to protect Destiny?” I asked.



Destiny has a strong tie to the falls, and holds secrets, and power from it.” He replied. “Raven is bound to anything that is related to the falls. She will do anything in her power to protect it. I am glad you came here, but the princess is very important to us living, and surviving this never ending war.” He turned around to face me. “You are my son, whether it is from birth or not. I believe that you can save her, and you can finally bring peace to our land.” He walked over to a desk, a long red box laid on top of it. He opened it slowly, revealing a sword with a black hilt, flame designs danced throughout the hilt, creating a splash of colour. “This has been in the family for ages, you may have it now.” He said, holding the sword out to me. My eyes widened, why would he give it to me? The son he hardly even knows? I took the sword from him, and just stared at it for a few minutes.



Why are you giving it to me?” I raised the sword admiring the design among the blade, a star that was lit up on fire. Otherwise known as a fallen star, was etched into the silver blade.



Because you are apart of the legend, I want you to make memories with this sword.” He said. “Now go, but return soon your mother will want to talk more.” He ordered. I nodded and ran out of the tiny room. I quickly found my way out of the castle, Olesia sat on a rock, her tail swaying back and forth as she watched some fish swim in the moat.



Olesia.” I called. Her ears flicked upwards, and she raised her head to look at me. “Where is Althea?” I asked her. She jumped off the rock and ran off. I followed her quickly, she led me through the crowd of demons, and to a wooden house on the other side of the kingdom. She sat outside of the door, she raised a paw and began scratching at the door. I noticed the millions of scratch marks on the wooden door, she must have been here a lot. The door opened, and Cilan looked at me his face was pained as he was trying to fight back tears.



Are we going already?” He asked, choking back the tears.



Father told me to go so I can quickly return.” Cilan nodded and walked back into the house, Olesia followed behind him. I looked around wondering if Cilan wanted me to come as well. I took a step into the house, there was a single couch and a fire place on the right, and on the left was a tiny kitchen. Straight ahead was a open door, I could hear Cilan and a girl speaking with each other.



Silas come in.” He said from the room. I sighed and walked into the room. A girl with silver hair laid in a bed, black blankets covering her. Yellow tattoo looking marks went up to her cheeks, I knew who she was. Althea. Cilan wasn't lying, she was dying from the light that effected her body.



Hello.” She greeted me softly. “Cilan has told me a lot about you.” She looked up at him, barely smiling. I could tell it was hard for her to speak let alone smile.



He has told me much about you as well.” I replied. “I'm sorry for taking him away from you so soon.” I frowned, she looked lonely. Olesia jumped up onto the bed. Althea noticed my confused look.



Olesia belongs to my friend, Lyra. Ever since Lyra left, Olesia chose to hang around me, though she waits at the gates for Lyra almost every day.” She explained. “She is not mine.” I nodded in understanding. Cilan lowered his head to kiss Althea's cheek, then whispered something in her ear. She laughed lightly. “I will miss you.”



And I will miss you as well.” Cilan replied. “I will be back soon.” He promised, walking out of the room without another word.



Take care of him please.” Althea looked at me. “He is reckless at times.” I nodded and followed Cilan out of the room and house. He looked around the kingdom one last time before escaping into the dark forest once again. Time to eliminate the Shades once and for all. I said sheathing the sword my father gave me. I ran after Cilan, the feeling of revenge taking over my body.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Thoughts?
Silas couldn't stay long with his parents...Kind of sad....But his parents shall be back :3 soon!!!!
Olesia! :3 the most adorable-est kittyy to me!! thoughts on her?
Althea?
ANYTHING

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohhhh.. Silas is a prince!!! But like Destiny he has the same lost memories from childhood? What happened to his real parents? So will that sword be useful in his fight, or some knowledge he gains from his parents during this visit? I'm looking forward to his reunite with Destiny though he no longer needs to save her from the shades, but perhaps he will need to save her from herself? olesia was so sweet and sad and the moments between Cilan and Althea, touching!!! I hope he can do something for her! Well I'm excited to see what happens next... Red moon..and Destiny's demon....!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Silas was taken away from the family when he was one. Because Destiny was sent to the human world as.. read more
GAHHHHHH!!!!! THIS IS AWSMAZING!!!

Whenever I go to read your stuff, it constantly pulls me in...even when it's like almost 1 AM (which is when I'm reading/writing right now)...it makes me not want to sleep cause I want to keep reading more.

Absolutely fantastic, my friend :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Aww thanks! That means a lot to me!
I loved it! This is just getting better and better! I wait for the next chapter. You better have it finished soon!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks. N I'm workin on it
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Yay!
Ahhh!!! Silas is a prince!!!! XD I can't wait to see more of his parents! They seem so nice!
I want to cry for Cilan! It's so sad about Althea! She's getting worse and he's emotional! That never happens!!!! I hope Destiny can help her....even though Cilan will be a jerk...
Olesia is sooo cute! It makes me so sad when you describe the animals who have lost their partners DX I'm glad Olesia stays with Althea though!
So excited to learn more about Raven!!!!!!
And OMG Protective Silas time is coming up!!!! Let's talk about how excited I am! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! Hehe great chapter as always!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Yesshhh Silas is a prince, though He prob wont live up to his role -.-
Yeah...Cilan and Althe.. read more
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Ahhh I am so excited for the next chapter!!!! XD
OMG I LUVZ OLESIA!!!!!!!!!!! :3

Erselva- Mew!! :3

And so does Erselva ^-^

I can hardly believe Silas is a prince!!! His character just got a Loupre intriguing... I hope Althea can be saved ASAP and I wanna meet Raven soon! :D

Awesome chapter :3

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

I think she is absolutly amazing!! :3

Silas is technicallyyy a prince, I doubt he will .. read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:D
Amazing chapter! :D can't wait for the next one! 100/100 :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

thanks! :3
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Epilouge. Epilouge.

A Chapter by The Fallen