Chapter 5- Torn apart

Chapter 5- Torn apart

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

vfbg

"
The guards opened the gates and I stepped into the castle. Ash sat on a leather couch in the hallway. I took in a deep breath and made my way over to him. He peered up at me, taking his gaze away from the book he was reading. I smirked, he must have gotten the book from my personal library.

"Hows the book?" I ask taking a seat next to him.

"Interesting. I enjoy reading about fallen angels pursuing the girl they love." He winked. The cover of the book was torn up so I was unable to read the title.

"Good." I smiled. Then the thoughts about what Silas had to tell me came back. My smile quickly faded. 

"What's wrong?" Ash asked as if he sensed my emotions.

"I don't really know. Silas has something to tell me and I'm worried.." My voice trailed off into my troubled thoughts. Ash placed his hand on my shoulder. 

"Whatever he has to say, he needs to say for a reason." He said attempting to comfort me. I wish he were right. Ash set his book down in his lap and adjusted himself so his arm was over my shoulders and our bodies were touching. I hated it when people did this, it made me feel weak and brought out the tears when I desperately tried to keep them back. A single tear fell down my face, and with a single movement Ash brushed it away.

"Ash?" I asked as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah?" He murmured into my hair. 

"Tell me how you died.." I said softly. His body stiffened, and he remained silent. I know it was something personal but I had been aching to find out how he died and I wanted to know his real name. He sighed and rubbed my shoulder.I knew he wanted to protest but he didn't. 

"Alright." He forced the word out. I was going to say he didn't need to but my lips stayed tight together. " From the moment I was born to the age of sixteen I was locked in a chamber, bars blocked me from the outside world." He shuttered as he thought back to the days when he was alive.But I never considered him dead.

 "There were two other children, but they weren't close enough to me so we could see each other. Their screams echoed the empty halls as the men tortured them. Once they were silent I knew I was next. I was always the last person to get tortured and it was always the most painful. One day the men never showed up to harm us, they continued to miss the days of coming down to the basement. I wasn't concerned I was glad I wasn't going to get beaten, but I did want to know why." He paused as he tried to recall everything that happened.

 "I heard laughter echoing from up stairs, and music played. I heard bottles shattering and people started getting rough with each other. This was the first time I had heard human noises for a week. The sounds of men grunting and girls screaming stop echoed in my ears. The kids down the hall started screaming. They sensed something. Suddenly a flame lit up the hall, and it started to grow. The men were drunk, I could sense it. They laughed and ran back up the stairs. The fire entered my cage, it danced around me, I was stuck I had no where to go. The flames licked my pants, causing them to light up on fire. I screamed, no one came the other children were silent. The flames traveled up to my shirt, and I blacked out." He let out a shaky sigh. "I was dead, I saw the light. Once I arrived in the kingdom I had heard about in stories, the kingdom where there was no longer pain and suffering, a angel approached me and told me they were to call me Ash for I was burnt to ash. I preferred that name, and I started over with a new name and a new life." 

He released me and looked into my eyes.I was speechless, I had no words for what I had just heard. I thought my life was rough, well I was wrong. He was tortured and killed by flames. I looked at him intently, and muttered a shaky "sorry". He gave me a weak smile and got up.

"I'm going to get something to drink." He said. "Want anything?" I shook my head and got up as well.

I looked into his amber eyes. "I'll be in my room." He nodded and walked off into the kitchen. I walked up the stairs slowly, my legs shook and my sight was blurry from the tears that filled my eyes. How could anyone treat him like that? I wondered to myself and how could he be so sweet afterwards? I opened the door to my room and looked at Inferno who had clearly flown up here after the ride with Moonstone. I sat on my bed and crossed my legs. As I was about to get lost in thought a brief knock came upon my door. I tried to say come in but my mouth refused to speak. I snapped my fingers and Inferno chirped. The door opened slightly and Silas looked in. 

"Hey." He said as he shut the door.

"Hi." I said.

"So I don't know how to tell you." He said. He walked over to the bed and sat down. The bed shifted under his weight. I didn't know what to say to him. 

"Were drifting apart." I said sadly. Silas looked at me.

"I know, and I'm sorry for that." He muttered and kissed my forehead softly. I smiled at his touch. He pulled away quickly.

"I'm  just going to say it." He got up and faced me.

"Alright." I said, refusing to look into his red eyes.

"Destiny. I'm leaving." Silas looked down at me. I could tell he was fighting back emotions.

"Where are you going?" I asked. I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm going to find my parents." He said softly.

"Can I come." I pleaded. He shook his head. "Please!" I begged. I couldn't leave him. He can't leave me!

"Look I'll stay with you for the night. But Destiny I need to do this. Alone." He said. I sniffled. I just got my best friend back three weeks ago and now he was vanishing again. 


"I just got you back, it's only been a few weeks you can't leave!" I blurted out. I wanted to be supportive and let him find his family but I needed him. "I need you." I said. The words sounded selfish out loud.

"I'm sorry, Desti." The familiar nick name went through one ear and out the other. I shook my head in disbelief. He pulled back the covers of my bed and picked up my limp body. I kept muttering  this can't be true. He remained silent, not know what to say to me. 

"If I fall asleep, please don't leave. Don't disappear in the morning please say good bye properly." I begged. He nodded and placed me down in the bed. He jumped in next to me and pulled me against him. He grabbed the covers and placed them around us. I listened to his almost human heart beat, the melody I would never forget. 

"I-I love you Destiny. Always have and always will.I will always be beside you." He murmured. My body relaxed against him.

"I love you to." The last words that came out of my mouth before I drifted off to sleep against my best friend's chest. 


© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen


>.< I didnt like reading this chapter I don't know why my mind created this. But You needed to know Ash's death and how he got his nick name. So were saying bye to Silas...Imma miss him. He will be back though ^.^ I think unless my dreams decided otherwise. So your thoughts about Ash's death. Silas's leaving. Anything! I need to know what you think..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't like his death but Silas and destiny are like made for each other and have you heard the song Marianas trench haven't had enough i love that song *yeeppppsssss*

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

haha yeah i have it rocks
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Yes it does!! It on my iPod I love it sssoooo much
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Oh and btw you have two chapter twelves
This is a really good chapter - the description of Destiny's surroundings really take the reader to that place, and I loved the interaction between her and both Silas and Ash. Speaking of the latter, what a sad death! But you handled it really well, and what an ironic nickname... :P The only thing I noticed was the small mattar that you shifted from past and present tense, and also when you get your characters to speak you end their speech with full stops. I'll explain:

"I know, and I'm sorry for that." He muttered... By using a full stop and then capitalising 'He', it sounds like Silas is muttering after he said "I know..." Usually when writing speech, you should use a comma instead (see below):
"I know, and I'm sorry for that," he muttered...

Otherwise, great chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG THATS SO SAD!!!
SILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! DONT LEAVE!!!!
*crying*
OMG!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha everything after he leaves makes destiny believe something is wrong with her life since everyth.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Awwwww man!!! I hate him for that!
Wow sad chapter!!! Why was Ashs life so utterly horrible? Ugh!!! And why is Silas leaving now to find his parents? What happened to them? Super intense but I guess now we will find out what happens with Destiny if Silas is not around? Anyways both scenes were heart wrenching intenseness!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

He's leaving now because he did what he had to and that was to take Destiny to the underworld. Now i.. read more
NOO!!!!!!!! FRowny face!!! This is a really sad chapter!!! :( Imma gonna go cry now! On a more serious note... Ash's death was said like a story... If i was desribing my death i wouldn't really use personification or Onomatopoeia's... Like the 'fire lickig my pants'... i would more say 'i caught on fire and the next thing i knew'... Kind of thing... but thats just me... The other thing to look out or is your 'to's... When its "I love you too" Its double 'o' where as 'we went to the park' Its one 'o' and then the number is pretty obvious with the 'w'... just keep an eye out for that...

I like this chapter.. its very heart felt and

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

XD thanks :)
Lozzie

11 Years Ago

okay.. so i just realised i never finished the comment... that sucks! Its supposed to say its very h.. read more
I think this needs some editing; a few words could be replaced with better ones, or even collapsed into smaller bits. But overall, the story was great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Ahhh!!!! So good!!!! Okay, I'm very upset about Ash's life. POOR ASH!!!! That is 16 years of misery and he is still perfect!!!! But I'm sad about Silas. I sensed this was going to happen and now that it is, I'm sad :( Sometimes I like him as much as Ash, and this is one of those times. Destiny is going to lose her mind....literally. Ash better up his game! So emotional! I loved it!!!! Next chapter please XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Aaha thanks for reading! :p
Hmmm.... o.O

*scribbles in notebook in my closet while wailing*

Why would you do that to us, Fallen??????? >.<
Just when I was gonna take Silas's side, too.... :(

I adored the chapter, though, as always. And now I see what Destiny was talking about in the message in relation to Ash's scars.... ;)

It's very sad :(

Next one ASAP!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

I'm not quite sure. I suppose it's because the 'best friend' never gets picked, you know...?
.. read more
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Yeah lol that's y I was leaning towards him n xD I. Know
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

XD
I love it, PLEASE WRITE MORE.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

LOL Im working on it
all these different powers and quirky goings on can be so tormenting, you are weaving a very intricate tale here....

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

i know my input isn't very helpful but i am trying to keep up...you are a great writer
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

728 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 14, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..