Chapter 4- Hallucinations or The real thing.

Chapter 4- Hallucinations or The real thing.

A Chapter by The Fallen

I looked around at the mystical falls. How was I suppose to summon my mother? And how do I go to the human world? Surely someone would come looking. I walked over to the water,I dipped my fingers in and quickly pulled them out. A sparking mist covered the water now. I back up. For I knew there were many surprises in the demon world. I watched the water ripple and the sparking mist travel towards me. I looked a Moonstone and his eyes locked with mine. He didn't move.  I was then enveloped within the mist. It twirled around and bringing me to a parallel universe. When the mist diverted and faded from my view. A young lady stood before me. She wore a aqua dress, it rippled like the water.

 

"Destiny." Her voice rang in the air. "I have come to bring you what your heart desires." She explained. I looked into her purple eyes. My hearts desire? " Would you like to see your mothers." She pointed the the left of her. Two figures apperard. My moms. I looked at them and fought the tears in my eyes. "Or to see Dawn." She pointed to the right. A image of Dawn weeping on my bed in the dorm. She looked like she hadn't slept in weeks. "Or your final decisions. Would you like to solve the disputes between the boys and know who you should pick." She said calmly. I looked at her in awe.

 

"Can you really give me these things." I asked. She shook her head and snapped her fingers.

 

"Only one." She stated. I watched as the images before me faded. The happiness with a boy. The mother's whom I had never gotten to know. And a torn up best friend. How was I suppose to choose.

 

"Can't you look into my mind and see what  I want?" I asked. She giggled. "Why are you laughing?" I growled.

 

"These are all tied up in your heart. I cannot help you anymore. But you could always see Dawn by leaving here. Your mothers are something you can never see. Unless you summon them." She said. "Deciding your love life is something you can certainly do yourself. Think about it, take this and when you decide what you want, break it and I will come to you." She handed me a heart shaped necklace, then she shut her eyes and she vanished before me. The mist surrounded me again bringing me back to reality. Her advice didn't help at all. She just had me thinking about it even more.

 

I looked around, I had the feeling someone was coming. Moonstone must have sensed it to because he blocked me with his body and looked towards the trees, his ears pinned back. The bushes rustled and a chubby man stepped out. I knew his face well. Maurice.

 

"Ah Destiny." He said with a grin. "I have been looking for you, ever since your father threw me out. I now work for the Shades." He stated. I shook my head. Why would he reveal that.

 

"What do you want." I snarled.

 

"I have been ordered by Seiko to bring you back home to us." He said as he stepped closer. I shook my head.


 "Don't you feel different." He asked. I nodded slightly.

 

"Come back with me, you will go back to school and be with Dawn everything will be the same as before." He coaxed and took another step forward.


"I'd like that." I said automatically. My mind swirled around with thoughts of being with humans. I felt the need to take them over. Even worse. Kill them.

 

"My human tie." I muttered. Moonstone looked at me. What do you mean? He sent to my mind. "I'm slipping.." I murmured. I was actually considering going with him. I shut my eyes. I took in a deep breath, as images flashed before me. My life with Silas and Dawn. Those moments kept me hanging on to my humanity. I opened my eyes again.

 

"No." I said. Maurice raised a brow. "You heard me! I said no. Now beat it before I kill you." I warned. He smirked then retreated back into the forest. He would be back, I knew that for a fact. Moonstone looked at me, his eyes hinted at his worry. My hand tightened around the locket. 


"Let's go back." I said, then climbed on his back and called for Inferno.


~*~


The ride back was silent. I knew Moonstone could feel my soul slipping into a pure demon. I didn't want that to happen. But I don't even know who or what my human attachment is. I dropped Moonstone off at the stables and made my way over to the armory. It was time to face Silas. I crept into the armory. Weapons and shields hung on the stone walls. The wooden floorboards creaked under my weight. Silas stood in the back room, muttering to himself. I pushed my back up against the wall outside of the room. I listened in.


"How am I suppose to tell her." He muttered. Tell me what? He sighed. I walked into the room.


"What do you need to tell me?" I asked, keeping one of my hands in my pocket so I knew the locket was safe. He looked up at me. A stray tear rolled down his cheek. He was crying! This must be bad. My inner voice muttered. I looked down at the guy who now looked like my old best friend. The one who would show his emotions, and not care what people thought.


"Destiny, this isn't easy for me to say." He sighed.


"Come on just tell me." I sat down in a floral pattered arm chair. I crossed my legs and looked at him. He shook his head.


"I can't yet." He said. "I'll tell you tonight, I'll come to your room." I nodded. "Come let us get you a weapon." He said, rising up from the wooden stool he was sitting on. I followed him back into the armory. He stood before a wall of swords, daggers and maces. 


"No maces." I said.


"No maces." He agreed. He pulled down a sword with a gold hilt. The handle was designed with a wind kind of look. and the blade was black as night. "I had this made for you." He said before handing it to me. I gripped the handle and waved it around in the air. Almost hitting Silas. "Careful." He warned. I placed the blade down on the ground. 


"Thanks Silas! I love it!" I squealed as I suppressed the urge to swing it around. 


"Your welcome." He said. He took a step forward and pulled me to his chest. My heart started to beat faster. I felt normal. I felt human with him. He kissed my forehead. "I got to go see a man about getting a horse." He said, breaking the embrace.


"You can use Moonstone." I offered.


"No, he wouldn't come with me anyways. I'll see you tonight." He promised.


"Yeah..Tonight." I murmured as he stepped out of the door. Leaving me alone once more. What did he have to tell me? The thoughts of what he may tell me ran through my head. Leaving me scared. I raced out of the armory and towards the castle. The sword held tightly in my hand. I hoped this whole day was a dream.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Questions!
What does Silas have to tell her?
What about the appearance of Maurice?
Will she go with him?
What do you think she should pick out of her three options?
What is her human attachment?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uniss her human attachment when she had its he gentle

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really liked this chapter :D Love the cliff hanger ending, and the powerful emotion behind the part where Destiny has to make the decision was excellent - you really showed her confusion and heart ache well. I shall keep reading, but you'll have to excuse my reviews because they'll come sporadically now that I'm back at college :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow a lot going on in this chapter with everyone offering Destiny choices... I think she will choose to see her mothers but may go with Maurice too... What's up with shades in the underworld though? Can they just come and go? I think you could expand more on her feelIngs towards humans ... Wanting to hurt them, yet you could use Dawn to contrast this even more. Inner turmoil...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Uh They have to sneak in cause technically all rouges are banned to earth. And yeah I probaly will g.. read more
Once again i'm no less than impressed. This Chapter has cought my eye like the rest of them. Exciting, brilliant or extraordinary can't describe this writing i truly love it

Keep up the good work and please don't slop with your skills they really are extraordinary !

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Her human attachment is Silas!!!!!!!!!!! I never would have thought of that but it makes so much sense now! She and Silas were ment to be and since they lived on the surface together, they are attached to each other!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Maybeee ;D
Dominique

11 Years Ago

It is!!! :D
The sword sounds amazingly beautiful!!
Silas cried... uh. I thought he was only of those guys that never cry... Makes me really wonder what he has to tell her.
Demon growing inside her, Maurice trying to take her away, plus her three options is really overwhelming and makes me want to read more.
Little short and I would add a little more, but Great Chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Oooo this is good!!!!
Yeah... i don't like maurice... i can't wait for him to die!!!
Silas is her attachment XD Awww cute!!!
If i was her... i would chose ash as a boy frined and silas for A best friend cause 'mates over dates' you have to pick the one dearest to you and keep it at friendship cause relationships crumble too easily... Thats me anyway :P

...
Now constructive s**t :)

I walked over to the water, I dipped my fingers in and quickly pulled them out. A sparking mist covered the water now. I back up. For I knew there were many surprises in the demon world.-- I'm not overky a fan of these sentences... they seem to run a bit fast maybe?? And there are some wrong uses of full stops and commas... 'I back up' and' for i knew' should be once sentence... And there is a comma at the end of the first senence... I beleive (and you don't have to do this i'm just in a weird mood today) You should make the comma a full stop and say "Dipping my fingers in, i feel he chilling water and quickly pull them back..." Just to break up the use of 'I' and a starting word...


When the mist diverted and faded from my view. A young lady stood before me- That should be one sentence too.... and you didi it twice more at "swirling the sword and almost hitting Silas" and "Towards the castle and sword held tightly"... but yeah :) Thats my constructive stuff :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I say Destiny should pick Silas, learn how to summon her mothers, and then make a quick visit to Dawn. Problems solved! XD I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

His personality, and he just seems like the better guy for Destiny.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Trueee
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

XD
I agree with Bella Luna, I think Silas is leaving her! UGH!! I need the next chapter! I need to find out what happens next!!!!!! O.O lol! Great chapter like always :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks. :(
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks and I know i was suppose to go on a date today D:
AMAZING!!!!!!! Okay. Silas is leaving probably and he doesn't know how to break the news to Destiny annnnnnndddddd he is her human attachment!!!! Maybe? Which makes me sad for my boy Ash lol Maurice is creepalicious! I hope Moonstone knocks him out. Destiny might go with him if no one is around to persuade her otherwise she she is becoming more demon, :(. I think she should see her moms. That's the only one she can do on her own, so thats what she should do :) You need to post the next chapter nyooooow because I love this and I need more!!!! Please and thanks XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Lol creepalicious?! Ur predictions are good but we will wait n see won't we :P
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Ahh your killin me! lol I need to know what Silas has to say!!!!
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

XD

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

666 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..