Chapter 14- Brothers

Chapter 14- Brothers

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

Let us welcome back Silas :3

"

~Silas~

 

I sat up in a tree branch, carefully watching my pray, a white rabbit. I hadn't eaten in days, because of how worried I was about Destiny. When she was asleep I would meditate and focus only her, and if I was lucky I could dream walk, entering her dreams was wrong but that was only one of two ways of seeing her. The other way was manipulating her vision, but that was harder to do when I'm so far away from her. I wondered if leaving her was the right idea, she clearly needs me since she's in the hands of the;

 

"Shades." I spat the word out of my mouth. I hated the shades even more since the king tried to rape my precious Destiny. I leaped down from the branch and pinned the helpless bunny to the ground. "The thought of eating you disgusts me, but in order to make it to the next town I must do what I must do." I said before running my dagger along the rabbits throat. The blood leaked over the rabbit's white fur. " lo siento, I'm sorry." I grabbed the rabbit by the ear and pulled it along behind me. Now to make a fire.

 

The ground was covered in a light snowfall, and all I had on me was a thin black jacket. I grabbed some dry wood off the trees and laid it on the ground in front of me. I flicked my index finger up ward like a lighter and pointed it towards the branches. A flame sprung from my fingers and lit up the wood. I tied the rabbit on another piece of wood and placed it over the fire. The thought of eating it was disgusting, but I had to do what was needed. I rubbed a hand over my face and looked to the night sky, the time of night was horrible to think of. Why some people might ask, well because this is the time when Shades come out, and when thinking of Shades Destiny's kidnapping came to mind.

 

Moonstone is Destiny's guardian and I'm her attachment therefore Moonstone and I have a little bond. I spoke to him in mindspeak, just to find out how Destiny was that's when I was informed about her disappearance. I was enraged, but I couldn't just stop what I was doing to go save her again, though I would love to. The last time I heard from Moonstone was yesterday when he begged me to return, since Ash wasn't 'emotionally stable' to save Destiny himself. If anything I blamed myself for her disappearance, I wasn't there to save her, though I have no clue what really happened that night.

 

I took the rabbit off the branch and skinned it.  I threw the fur aside and then placed it back on the branch.

 

"That's just disgusting." A male voice said from behind one of the trees.

 

"You do what you must when in the forest." I replied.

 

"Right." A man with brown hair and red eyes stepped out of the forest.

 

"What are you going to eat, Cilan?" I asked. Cilan gave me a smirk and held up a sandwich. I rolled my eyes, he always thought ahead.

 

"I am a tad bit upset to see my brother killing animals and eating them." Cilan said and sat on the opposite side of the fire.

 

"Well I don't feel a bit of remorse." I replied and looked at the rabbit. "So why must I meet our parents, Instead of having you tell me. It would be much easier that way." I sighed.

 

"Your still worrying about the princess I assume?" Cilan raised his brow.

 

"Of course I'm worried about her! If you knew her like I did, and saw what happened last time then you would be worrying as well!" I exclaimed.

 

"Oh forgive me, I wasn't the one who was chosen." Cilan rolled his eyes.

 

"You really need to explain things to me!" I growled.

 

"That's for the 'rents to tell you, not me." He brushed a dirt speck off his black leather boots. I wanted to strangle Cilan this whole trip, he had given me no information and rarely spoke to me."I often wonder if your little demon would love me if it were the other way around." He gave me a cocky smile. "She probably would pick me right away, and not keep me around for a choice." He taunted.

 

"You know nothing of our life, Cilan." I said through gritted teeth.

 

"You're losing this girl quicker then she is moving to the dark side." He said simply.

 

"What would you have me do? Leave and go save her?" I asked.

 

"Oh yes, go, go. Save the damsel in distress." Cilan said sarcastically.

 

"Please be serious." I shook my head.

 

"Stopping for the night isn't the best idea. If you want to get back to Destiny, we must keep moving." Cilan said, his facial features became serious. He stood up abruptly and fixed his burgundy jacket. "Come brother, I'll give you one of my many sandwiches since I think before I go on a journey." He joked and started walking off into the shadows. "Oh and don't worry about the fire, it's cold and wet it'll soon go out." I looked at my brother and pictured myself strangling him, if only I really could. Now I understood the feeling some had about their siblings, and wanting to kill them so badly. Cilan tossed me a sandwich, I stared at it for a moment. Then my stomach demanded I inhale the food before I starved. I took small bites, just in case Cilan had poisoned it.

 

"now where are we going?" I asked, I felt helpless. I had no clue where I was going and Cilan was treating me like I was five.

 

"The Kingdom of stone." Cilan said.

 

"The third kingdom," I gulped." The one closest to the war zone?" I questioned.

 

"The very same." Cilan chuckled. The three kingdom's remaining out of six were Stone, fire, and Ash. Otherwise known as the volcano kingdoms. All three together created a volcano. The other three kingdom were snow , plant, animal. They we more of the mortal realm compared to the other three. They were less powerful, and less demon like. But they did provide oxygen to other parts of the demon realm.

 

"Why are we going to the Stone kingdom?" I asked, and came up closer to my older brother.

 

"Why are you so dumb? Oh right I forgot your more of a mundane then a demon." Cilan snapped. "There are reasons. And were going to the Stone Kingdom otherwise known as WhiteHendge, because that's where our parent's live." Cilan ran a hand through his long brown hair. "Honestly, Silas please keep up dated with the world below." Cilan was the only person I knew who made me feel dumb.

 

"Once I meet our parents, I am leaving right away to get Destiny." I informed Cilan.

 

"Yeah you do that." He flicked a piece of hair out of his face. "I don't care what you do, I'm just doing what I was told to do."

 

Silas! Sykho has just offered her a deal.She's getting worse by the minute, hurry up! Moonstone's voice ordered me.

 

"Let's move faster." I said and pushed past him, going into a jog.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Thoughts of Cilan?
Thoughts about Silas and Moonston's connection?
Who might Silas's parent's be?
Thoughts about everything!

Next chapter will be in Ash's POV.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok now it's making sense a bit but it's like he can't take a small break to just save her and she can just go with him? I mean come onnnnn

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cilan is a jerk!!!! Great Chapter! reading on...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha yes he is.
awesome job on the dialogue, very amusing and really like how siblings talk to each other lol its very well written, and i love how the story is advancing. i cannot wait to read more!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The writing of this chapter was really superb! I'm liking things from Silas pov. I'm not sure I get his more-important-then-saving-Destiny reasonings though, but the interactions with his brother are well drawn and I loved that he can peek into her dreams. I think a bit more intensity in the reasonings why he has to do this journey immediately would improve this chapter.
And he's a demon so why the disgust over eating the bunny?
Overall, great chapter and Cilan looks to be a really great addition (as in dark, mean, fascinating tension creator), so looking forward to Silas' next steps!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooooo this is getting really interesting! I'm loving this!!! I'm so glad you chose to write it :) But more importantly... are you happy you are writing this??

Well done!! Can't wait for hte next chapter!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks :) and yeah...I deffinatly am, I really need Destiny so I'm glad you like it :D
What?!!!!!!!! Cilan should just throw Silas there and so he could get on with saving Destiny!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see if ash escapes the next chapter though >:). *evil laugh*

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thankss
Dominique

11 Years Ago

Your welcome :)
Cilan is such a jerk and I feel like he is up to something shifty. Don't trust him, Silas!!!
I love that Silas can talk to Moonstone because now he is mad and he's gonna be protective Silas!!! Silas is really starting to grow on me more! Is he Spanish?! I love that he said "lo siento" haha
I have a feeling that Silas's parents rule the Kingdom of Stone, but I'm worried that maybe they aren't waiting for him like Cilan lets on.
Loooove this chapter! I missed Silas! He must be so mad since Ash has lost his mind and isn't taking care of business! Buuut I'm so excited to see what's happening with Ash. I kinda have a little prediction of what's going to happen with the relationships XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha hes locked up :3 ohh and A scene you may never forget will come up >:)
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Ahhh I can't waittttt post it now please :)
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD I'm not done with it...I think it's going to be long, because of the many things he does...
very nicely done, as usual....

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm having mixed emotions with Cilan! lol At least Silas has Moonstone to check up on Destiny...but he needs to hurry up and like save her! XD Great chapter as always! Next one please!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thank you
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!! XD
I don't like Cilan. The end. .-.

I think that's so cool how Moonstone and Silas have a connection! And quite convenient as well. ^^

I have no idea who Silas's parents might be... SO HURRY UP AND WRITE ABOUT IT SO WE CAN KNOW!!!!!! >.<

Everything? I loves it! :D

Ps. Distina, Stryder's mom, yeah. She's coming to kill Silas. Her true form is rabbit. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Distina- I'm a warrior! Show some respect and fight me! >.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Silas- Yeah no..
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Distina- Hush up, child!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..