Chapter 24- Cilan's Past.

Chapter 24- Cilan's Past.

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

The Mystery...of who Cilan is now...

"
Cilan...

 

Three Years Ago...

Legend of the Nightfalls princess spread throughout the Underworld. Many wondered how she wound survive with the mortals, others wondered when she would return to the Underworld. As for Cilan, he believed she was a beauty and a legend well told. Though he knew he had very little chance with a girl like her, and she would bring danger to anyone close to her he still had a strong feeling for her. Something along the lines of lust...

 

Cilan quickly became fascinated with the legend, he read every book in the library and travelled vast lands to speak with Seers who knew much about her. After being told about a cave not far from his town, he knew this was his chance to know everything and more about her. It excited him.

 

He sheathed his bronze sword, thew his black cloak around his shoulders and climbed out his bedroom window. He leaped onto the ground, crouching low to prevent from being seen.

 

"Cilan?" A small voice came from the shadows. Cilan looked around eager to find out the owner of the voice. "Where are you going?" The voice asked.

 

"Althea." Cilan acknowledged his childhood friend. She peered out of the shadows, her sliver hair fell over her face like a waterfall.

 

"Answer the question Cilan." Her red eyes shawn brightly from the darkness.

 

"To find out more about the legend of course." He replied, Althea shook her head and laughed lightly.

 

"You and that silly legend. Can't you just wait for Silas to return?" She asked, stepping out from the shadows approaching Cilan. Her strapless gold dress went down to her knees.. She was a year older than Cilan but he still adored her.

 

"No he will not return for a year. I cannot wait that long." Cilan said, crossing his arm.

 

"If you must go, I shall come with you." She told him, narrowing her eyes. "No buts." She added.

 

"You aren't properly dressed." Cilan said, attempting to get her back to her shack and sneak off before she returned.

 

"Not a problem." She whistled and a border collie came running up to her, a black back pack dangled from it's mouth. Althea stroked the dog's black and white fur. She grinned and the dog released the bag, sitting before her."Cilan meet my animal, Gypsy." She said

 

"When did you get her?!" Cilan looked at the dog in awe "A few days ago, you know when you were in the library buried in a book. She is quite magnificent don't you think so?" Althea smiled gently, then bent down to pick up her bag. "Gypsy, watch Cilan and make sure he does not run off until I return." She ordered the dog. She barked in reply. Althea disappeared into the shadows, and Gypsy laid her head on her paws and watched him intently. Cilan leaned up against a dead tree, sighing silently. He didn't want to put Althea in danger, but she was coming whether he wanted her to or not.

 

"How do I look?" Althea emerged from the shadows, a blue cloak surrounded her tiny body. She wore black torn up jeans, and a brown sheath hung from her waist, along with a light green shirt. She smiled at him.

 

"You look amazing. Now can we go now?" Cilan looked at her clearly impatient.

 

"Yeah, sir." She teased. Gypsy immediately took to her right side as she approached him. Her cloak danced around her body, her red eyes sparkled with the stars. Cilan shook his head, do not let her beauty distract you from the task at hand, he demanded himself. She grabbed Cilan's hand and looked at him. "Where to?" She asked.

 

"Just...Follow me." Cilan said, pulling his hand away from hers. Her red painted nails brushed up against the palm of his hand, somehow drawing blood to the surface. Cilan winced.

 

"Oh..I'm sorry! My nails...They refuse to be cut and I accidentally cut people...A lot." She took his hand and examined the scratch. "Oh it's really deep. Do you need to to heal it?" She asked.

 

"That will not be necessary." He said.

 

"O-Okay.." She said quietly. "Do you know where you are going?" She asked. Cilan nodded, and began walking into the forest. If it weren't for the night vision, he gained when he was created to become a demon, he would feel blinded by the eternal darkness. Althea closed the space between them, her hand slowly touched his shoulder. He could hear the trances crack beneath their steps. Gypsy small whine broke the silent that hung in the forest. Cilan kept walking, ignoring the fact that a slithering sound could be heard. "Cilan, someone or something is in here." Althea stated.

"You think I do not know that! I am well aware!" He hissed. Cilan looked around, his eyes adjusting to the darkness that surrounded them. "Stay close..I feel as if the beings of light have arrived." He pulled Althea protectively behind him. Gypsy let out a low growl, as a glowing staff appeared before them. "Lumina." Cilan muttered.

 

"Cilan?" The blonde haired girl cocked her head, raising a blonde brow. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"You are in demon territory the question is directed at you, not I." Cilan growled.

 

"Oh just a mission, I'm helping Ash out." She giggled.

"How do you know her, Ci?" Althea whispered, her breath tickled Cilan's ear.

 

"Her brother attempted to attack the village. Lumina stopped him, because I asked her to..We had nothing to do with the legend therefore there was no reason to kill us all." Cilan replied.

 

"Oh." Was all Althea said in return.

 

"I owe her." He added.

 

"Yes you most certainly do But I do not need to ask of my favor yet, a few more years and maybe I will." Lumina placed her hands on her hips, her glowing staff hovered above the ground awaiting her touch once again. He watched her, awaiting for her first move.

"What are you looking for?" Cilan asked, his hands curled into a fist, watching her carefully.

 

"Something about some princess. If you ask me, she is so fake." Lumina stroked her hair, attempting to straighten it.

 

"Night Falls Princess?" He asked. She nodded. "We are on our way to the cave that holds the secrets." He told her.

 

"Along with me." Her grey eyes held a secret, something she was holding back from them. Her gaze turned it's attention to Althea. "This your girlfriend?" She asked.

 

"No." He replied.

"Aw to bad, she is really." She grinned. "Pretty."

 

"Thanks." Althea spoke up.

 

"You are..Very welcome." Lumina's voice became harsh, she wanted something. And it wasn't the secrets of the cave.

 

"What are you really doing here Lumina?" Cilan took a step forward. Gypsy followed him, she bared her teeth at Lumina. She knew exactly what Cilan felt. Lumina held out her hand, her staff took it's place in the palm of it. Lumina chuckled.

"Care to challenge me? Someone who can eliminate you..For good?" Lumina snickered. Cilan shook his head, his hand immediately went to the golden hilt of his sword. Lumina twirled the staff in her hand, then raised it above her head. It came down and when it came in contact with the ground, a but of light surrounded her.

"Lumina, we want no trouble." Althea said softly.

 

"But I need trouble in order to become a true angel." She said, pointing the staff at Althea.

"What are you talking about!" Cilan approached her cautiously.

 

"A demon's death will give me true powers...To become a true angel of light...Darkness must die." She recited the words she knew by heart.

 

"Don't touch her!" Cilan pulled out his sword and lunged at Lumina.

 

"You owe me a favour, so she dies!" Lumina swung her staff at Cilan, hitting his jaw. Cilan stumbled back, he clenched his teeth and ignored the pain, setting out to attack her once again. Gypsy leaped into the air, her jaw aiming for Lumina's neck. Lumina raised her staff once more, a ball of light flew out of it hitting Gypsy's stomach. The dog crumpled down to the ground. Cilan snarled and sliced his sword at Lumina, she leaned right, the sword scraped her cheek. A line of blood formed on her left cheek, she winced but a wicked smiled grew across her face. Althea looked at the border collie, tears spilling over her eyes.



“Gypsy!” She called, the dog laid there making no effort to move. “You need to be okay!” Althea ran over to the dog, crouching down beside her. She stroked Gypsy's fur gently, tears dripped onto the dogs' glistening coat. Cilan watched his best friend cry, he had never seen her so upset. Lumina took his distraction to her advantage, a ray of light came out of the staff hitting Althea right in the chest. Immediately she flew back, hitting the trunk of a tree. A thick fog covered the air, making Lumina invisible to Cilan, within a few seconds the fog cleared and Lumina was no where to be seen. Cilan dashed towards Althea, sheathing his weapon.



“Althea?” His trembling hand brushed her silver hair out of her face. She said nothing. “H-hey, I'm going to check the damage she did to you. Okay?” She nodded weakly. Cilan gently untied her blue cloak and pulled her shirt down slightly, making sure not to reveal anything. Under her skin was a faint yellow web, his hand hesitantly touched it. A violent shock went through his arm, causing him to yank it away. “The light...” He murmured. “It's going to affect your body, there is nothing I can do.” A tear rolled down his cheek, he buried his face in her hair, pulling her to him. “I'm so sorry.” He whispered.



“The princess...” Althea said weakly. “She can help..Can't she?” Cilan considered the words she had said, realizing she had been listening to every word he said about her in the past. Destiny was capable of giving darkness, as well as controlling it. He sighed, but she was in the mortal world she could not help.



“How long do you think it will take to affect your whole body?” Cilan asked her.



“Within three years, I will be incapable of walking.” She whispered. “Is Gypsy okay?” Cilan sighed, shaking his head. Althea's body trembled with tears she fought to hold back, but she finally released them. Cilan could feel the warmth of her tears staining his red shirt. He stroked her hair.



“I love you, Althea. I promise I will try to get the princess to you soon.” He whispered, determination hung in his voice. She nodded, Cilan gently scooped her up and stood up. He looked over at the dog. “I'm sorry about Gypsy, I know how strong a bond is between a demon and their newly found animal.” Cilan had once found a bear, one of the most rarest animal's in the Underworld. The bear had risked it life protecting him, ever since then Cilan had felt a hole in his heart.



“I'm sure Hale still watches over you, Cilan.” Althea said positively. Cilan stiffened at hearing the bears name after six years.



“And Gypsy will do the same with you.” He promised. He knew she was smiling, the smile he adored for years. Silas please hurry and bring the princess back. Cilan said in his mind, hoping his brother would pick up on the thought.



                ~*~



 One Year Ago.....



“How was your visit with Silas?” Althea asked. She had just discovered that she was unable to walk, but was still able to move her arms and other parts of her body. Cilan took a seat beside her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.



“He said he will be bringing the princess shortly.” Cilan kissed the top of Althea's head.



“What makes you think she will want to help me?” She asked, Cilan traced the webbing outlines on her skin, the marks the light had left on her.



“She will.” He promised. Silas had explained that the princess was kind hearted and would do anything in her power to help anyone, especially Silas.



“Why hasn't Silas come back to the village?” She asked, resting her head on his shoulder.



“Because the king believes if he comes back, he will not return to Destiny like he is suppose to.” Cilan explained. A soft meowing noise came from outside of the door.



“That would be Lyra's cat. I feel terrible for the animals who lost their Demons in the war. All they do is wait around hoping their Demon will return.” Althea sighed. Cilan got up from the wooden chair and opened the door. A British long-haired white cat entered the room, her dark brown eyes looked around as if it were looking for a lost soul. “She has been looking for Lyra for quite awhile now.” Althea said, holding out her arms for the cat to enter. Hesitantly the cat jumped into her lap, curling itself into a ball.



“Can't she feel her spirit is no longer here?” Cilan asked, looking at the cat skeptically.



“She wouldn't know. Lyra left for the war, knowing if her demon is dead or not would be the biggest mystery of her life.” Althea ran her hand along the cat's back. Cilan sighed, the war was humiliating for the demons. They were loosing many demons at a dramatic rate. Darkness was no match for the light, it never would be until Destiny came back. Cilan looked at the cat, noticing pinkish looking splotches along her back, and the colour also covered half of her face.



“Why does she have pink marking?” He asked Althea curiously.



“It is the marking's of Lyra. Her essences lies within the cat.” Althea explained. Now that Cilan thought about it his bear, Hale, had red-ish looking fur after they bonded. So everyone who bonded with an animal left their markings on it. He cocked his head, it was quite confusing for him to figure out. “Every single Demon has a different mark, if they decided to bond with an animal, they leave the mark on them. It happens automatically to show everyone that the animal is already taken.” She said with a smile, still stroking the cat's fur.



“Do you know her name?” Cilan asked.



“Olesia.” Althea answered.



~*~

 

 



“Silas, I will help you get Destiny back.” Cilan assured him, though all he wanted was to bring Destiny to the village to help Althea. Meeting the princess was just a bonus.



“I do not need your help for the last time.” Silas growled.



“Well I do not care what you want!” Cilan held back the urge to tackle his brother. There was no time to waste, Cilan had to get Destiny back. Althea was already becoming weak she was now bed ridden. “I need to help Althea, and Destiny is the only way to do so!”



“Selfish much? Destiny could be dying and all you care about is getting her to your village to save your friend.” Silas looked over at Cilan, who's hand was firmly holding the hilt of his sword.



“Althea is dying for a fact!” Cilan grabbed Silas's shirt and narrowed his eyes at him. “I am helping you for two reasons. One is because I would like to meet the princess herself, since I have been studying her and admiring her for years. Two because she is the only person left who can help Althea.” Cilan threw Silas to the ground.



“The other was Rennalyn, am I correct?” Silas looked up at his brother. “And Destiny is not a project, studying her is weird!” Silas got up and brushed the dirt off his jeans.



“Yes you are correct, and I was studying the legend not her directly! Now let us get moving, we are almost there. Sooner you meet our parents the sooner we get to Destiny.” Cilan said briskly.



“Good, because I have some Shade's that need to be eliminated. And this time for good.” Silas said, with a devilish grin. Cilan chuckled and brushed past him, moving quickly. Time was ticking.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Distant, full of hatred, dependant. Just a few words to describe Cilan.
So does this help you understand him better?
He likes to bother Silas, to make himself feel better...

How about Althea? Will Destiny get there in time to save her from a cruel and tragic death from Lumina?
Haha how did you like Lumina in this? She is known well in the Underworld..
I felt like you needed to know more about the animals.
When they are absent or killed a demon feels a empty place in their heart where the animal was bonded to...
And when a demon is killed...They will never know...So they search for eternity until death comes upon them....

Tip: Remember Lyra...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was such an intense chapter!! :D Keep it up! 100/100

P.S sorry my review is shorter than everyone else's. lol :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :D
Very cool and ironic how Lumina needed to hurt a demon to gain power, though why not kill her? And always wondering who are the light versus dark here , the Angels are so evil! Haha! So now we know more about Cilan so I'm very curious what they will gain from finding thier parents when Destiny and Althea need to be saved ASAP!! And Cilan is such a wishy washy jerk! First he is dissing Althea then says he loves her... Well at least it wasn't the other way around! Great chapter!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha to me light is evil >:3 though in another book I was reading Angela were also evil. It all depe.. read more
Horizon K.

11 Years Ago

Haha... I see! Ive known guys like Cilan! Curious what Silas will gain. And btw I love the angels.. read more
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha I prefer them being evil. I hate typical and normal things -.- I likes different :3
Okay so Lumina is gone and she is still infuriating meh!!!!!! She is such a jerk!!! >.<
Althea is soo cute and Cilan loves herrrr!!! I feel so bad for him because he was so nice and protective of her and she got hurt. Silas better not be jerk and better help his bro! Or Arianna is gonna slap him one! lol
I loved this chapter! It was so emotional and it really sets things up!!! I feel like Cilan makes sooo much more sense now!!! Awesome job! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Ahaa!! She isss :3 she annoys us from the dead >.<
Althea issss amazing!!!!
Cilan, is s.. read more
I love Althea...shes a lovely character and seems really sweet. Lumina is, for lack of a better word, a b****, and I really hope Cilan just destroys her.

This was, once again, a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC chapter and I cannot wait to read more :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Lumina is dead..
This was the past view and such. Tho if she weren't dead Cilan would do tear .. read more
Lucy Morningstar &hearts;

11 Years Ago

welcome :)
OMG I HATE Lumina with a burning passion and I truly hope and pray that Althea is going to be ok!!! >.<

Cilan reminds me of the new and improved Stryder as you shall see in a few chapters. .-.

I like Cilan better now and loving the demon animals :)

NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!!!!!! >.<

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD Who doesn't hate her!? She is horrible!!! >.<
Althea...She may be okay...But she may also b.. read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:D
I loved this!! Cilan isn't that bad. I actually like him. But that might change soon. XD And poor Althea. I knew there was a reason I didn't like Lumina, and now I know why. Loved the animals. I need more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Yeah..Cilan is pretty cool now..:3
I know!!! Althea D:
Haha, no one likes Lumina, becaus.. read more
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

XD Yep, to everything. And you're welcome. ^^
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

:3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

537 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..