Chapter 27- Guardian Of The Falls/ Destiny's Pain

Chapter 27- Guardian Of The Falls/ Destiny's Pain

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

The Guardian of the falls is needed to help Destiny. While Destiny faces Sykho

"

“It's spiralling out of control, the things I predicted would happen are happening at a rapid pace!” The black leopard sat in front of the enchanting, purple, waterfall. Her black coat glistened while she basked in the light the moon had to offer. She placed her head on her paws, growling at the incompetence of the legend. “It is like she doesn't bother to think.” She growled. The mist was thick, as it always was. Raven felt like she was within a dream when she came to the middle dimension, where most of the spirits lived. Everything was darker, and mysterious. Nothing like the outside world.


“It is not like you think before you do either, Raven.” The spirit of the falls appeared over the water, radiating a purple light. Raven glanced up at her and snarled.


“I have protected you for almost one hundred years, I do not need to think. I just need to protect.” Raven replied, curling her thin black tail around her body. Raven crossed her paw over the other and looked at the spirit. “That legend is ruining the name of the falls!” Raven said.


“You haven't even met her..” The spirit replied.


“Have you?” Raven asked.


“Yes, I most certainly have. I gave her the necklace to get one wish. But clearly it is a harder decision then I thought it would be.” The spirit looked around, her purple eyes filled with interest. “Someone is here, go see, Raven.” She ordered.


“Why me?!” Raven stood up and bared her teeth. “That is not my job! I am here to protect you, not welcome people to the falls!”


“What if the person who is here, chooses to attack?” The spirit asked.


“Fine..” Raven grumbled and walked through the blue, swirling, portal.




The wind blew through the tropical trees, Raven ducked down behind a bush watching as a brown haired boy entered Night Falls. By the looks of his purple-blue aura, he was worried and scared, Raven scoffed. What kind of boy comes to Night Falls with an aura like that? Raven walked along the cliff, watching the boy intently.


“What does he want?” Raven asked herself. Hardly anyone ever came to the falls without a reason, and in order to not be killed by Raven it had better be a good reason. The boy bent down by the falls, and whispered one single word.


“Destiny.” Raven pinned her ears back, attempting to recall the name.


“The legend.” She whispered. She jumped down from the cliff, landing on all four of her legs. She watched the boy, crouching down behind a rock. Who was this boy? The boy raised his head, his green eyed gaze looked over towards the rock she hid behind. Raven growled, and wondered when she was going to attack, but the boy sparked her curiosity.


“Come out..I sense you.” He said quietly, his voice was innocent and full of good intentions. Raven took a step out, her claws extended from her paws automatically. He looked at her, smiling. “You must be the guardian of the falls.” He said. Raven snarled, baring her white teeth.


“What business do you have here?!” She asked harshly.


“The legend, needs help.” He said simply. Raven tilted her head to the side, the legend? That ignorant little girl, who couldn't harness the Night Falls power in the proper way? Raven stared at the boy for a few moments, before lunging at him, taking him down to the ground. She dug her claws into his shoulders, drawing blood.


“Never speak of her!” She growled.


“You are bound to protect anything and anyone who is connected to the falls!” The boy said through clenched teeth. Raven roared, knowing very well that she was meant to protect the legend, she just chose not to. Raven backed off him, watching him closely.


“I know what I am bound to do. I do not want to help the weakling though.” She said, sitting down. The boy touched his shoulders he cringed with the light touch. Raven rolled her eyes, this boy was weak and fragile. If she had tried she would have killed him with ease.


“My name is Kendall, whether you chose to help Destiny or not is your choice. But you should know that if something happens to her, something may happen to your sanctuary.” He barked. Raven looked at him with surprise, no one had dared to use that tone of voice with her, and she did not like it. A bright purple light covered her, turning her into the human she had rarely ever been. A pair of shorts formed on her legs, and a black shirt appeared on her torso. Her purple-black hair fell over her shoulders. She looked at the boy, her purple eyes looked at him.


“I know who you are, your real name is Arzon you died while being careless. You had once loved Destiny and you still do though you know it is time to move on.” Raven stated the obvious, Kendall looked at her with surprise. “What is her problem?” Raven asked, looking down at her bare feet. She sighed, the last time she had been human she had removed her shoes and threw them somewhere. As she looked around for her boots, Kendall began to speak.


“How did you know that?” He asked.


“I am the protector of Night Falls, Destiny is my responsibility as well, I have to know these things.” Raven said, peering behind a rock.


“Oh...Well she is turning into a pure demon, her soul is getting darker. Sykho will have a strong hold on her come the red crescent moon. I need you to help her come to her sense, or at least stop Sykho.” Kendall said. His eyes were glued on Raven, as she took slow steps over to the falls.


“Wheres Silas in all this?” She asked.


“He left Destiny, to find his parents.” He replied.


“Ludicrous boy, I blame all this on him. He should fix it not I.” Raven replied. Her gaze found a pair black boots. She grinned, grabbing them she slipped them over her feet. She smiled brightly, knowing her outfit was now complete.


“Well I have no clue when he is coming back, and Destiny needs all the help she can get! Please help her!” He begged. Raven looked at him, her eyes full of excitement. No one had ever begged her to do anything before, and she enjoyed it.


“Where is she?” She asked, picking up her leather jacket, slinging it over her shoulders.


“At her old school, I believe.” Kendall replied.


“Fine lead me there, but if you dare talk to me on our way.” She extended her nails, and looked at him threateningly. “I will do more than just scratch your shoulders!” Kendall nodded, and scurried back over to the entrance to the falls. Raven looked back at the water and sighed, she hadn't left the falls in fifty years. This was definitely going to be a change.



Destiny


After I explained to Dawn I would return to the school tomorrow night, and we could have our 'girls night', Ash and Malice escorted me back to the Shade cave. As I predicted, Sykho was outside waiting for us, his cool red eyes watched as I approached him. I had something to ask him, and I knew he was going to get angry, I was hesitant as I stood in front of him. I lowered my gaze, afraid to look him in the eyes.


“What is it?” He asked. He tapped his foot, clearly impatient.


“I wanted to know if A-Ash..” I trialed off. I never thought I could be so afraid of someone like I was afraid of him.


“If he could what?” Sykho grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me closer to him.


“Sleep..in my room tonight..” I looked up at him innocently. His eyes became enraged, as he lifted his hand and connected it with my cheek, I was in a daze for a few minutes. I raised my hand to touch my red, hot, tingling cheek. Tears began to form in my eyes, as I fought back the urge to scream out in pain. I stumbled backward, not looking at him once. Malice had Ash restrained, as he struggled to be free so he could attack Sykho.


“You are going to be my wife! How dare you ask for another man to sleep in your room!” He growled, taking a step forward, attempting to close the gap between us. Amara stepped out from the shadows, she looked at me and shook her head. She mouthed out: I'm sorry...I sniffled and fiercely wiped the tears off my cheeks.


“You are getting no where with her, she has been having problems sleeping, just allow the Fallen to sleep with her.” Amara said quietly from a distance. I could see within her actions she was afraid he was going to hit her as well, but instead he glared at her and nodded. Then marched off into the cave. Malice released Ash. Immediately he ran to my side, and took my face in his hands.


“Are you alright?!” He asked, kissing my cheek over and over again. I shook my head and allowed the tears to fall down my cheeks freely. Ash looked back towards the cave entrance, his muscles tensed and he stood up. I quickly grabbed his wrist.


“Please...Please don't go after him.” I pleaded.


“He hurt you, there is no way I am letting him get away with that!” He growled. I looked at him, allowing the fear of him getting hurt get to me.


“I-I need you. D-Don't go..” I begged. “Please stay..” Ash looked down at me, his eyes contemplating whether or not to go after Sykho. He knelt down in front of me and scooped me up into his arms.


“Let's go back to your room.” He murmured. I nodded, and rested my head on his chest. His faint heart beat played in my head, it was the most comforting sound I had ever heard. I closed my eyes, and allowed myself to only focus on his soft breathing and his heart beat as he carried me back to my room.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Alright!
Questions:
What do you think about Raven?
Her thoughts about Destiny?
What about Sykho hittin Destiny?

Anything :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay so I've read all the chapters, even though I haven't commented....


The way you have developed this story and your kept your characters true about themselves, is immaculate! You descriptions are spot on and your plot in engaging :D Well done!!! I can't wait or more!!! Raven is an interesting character… I can't wait to read more about her :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


So Beautiful.......
Well Done...........
Pen On.................

Do u read mine 2 "Why, Time, Anguish and Manner"

If possible then give your reviews..

Regards,
Lucky

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
I will give it a look an certainly leave a review
Gobinder Singh Dhindsa

10 Years Ago

Welcome

Amazing chapter! Though I hate Sykho!!!! >:( Silas needs to hurry up and find Destiny! lol Next chapter please!!! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Haha thanksss
The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

Yep! :) You're very welcome!
you've got some beautiful descriptive language in here...my goodness....

anyways, once again, I must say GAHHHHHHH!!!!! Every single time you draw me into the story more and more, and it's just so wonderful...its like how I felt reading the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz: constantly pulled in and on the edge of my seat because I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

It's not even just the storyline that gets me, its the way it's written. You do a fine job, my friend, and I can't wait to read the next chapter :D

PS- I really really want to give Sykho a good upper cut to the jaw for hurting Destiny...not cool...but really adds to the story :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Aw thank you it means alot to me that you think im a good writer :)

And xD who doesn't .. read more
This was sheer amazement!!!! I love Raven! She is so tough and no nonsense!!! Plus I thoroughly enjoy her roughing up Kendall hehe

I feel so bad for Destiny! I'm worried about her demon side taking over and Silas is no where to be found still! He needs to get back she needs him!!!

I can't believe Sykho hit her! That's not how you get a girl to want to marry you, bro!!! >.< But I'm glad Amara convinced him to let Ash stay with her. And I LOVED ASH SO MUCH IN THIS CHAPTER!!!! He makes my heart hurt because he is so perfect and amazing!!! XD I love him! This was a great chapter, as always!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bella Luna

10 Years Ago

She is awesome!!! XD I'm excited she's in the story now!!!
The Fallen

10 Years Ago

XD but she hates pretty much everyone and is over protective!! It's actually amusing
Bella Luna

10 Years Ago

Hehe Awesome!!!!!
I think Raven is awesomeness. I love her and her ferocity. It gives her spunk and character. >:3

I think Raven needs to be a bit more open to Destiny's thoughts and decisions and actions... >.>

OMG I WAS READY TO RIP HIS THROAT OUT WJEN HE HIT HER!!!!! >:O

Overall great chapter :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

I was soooo glad Ash was there for her and I hope Sykho dies... >.>

LEMME KILL HIM!!! >.. read more
The Fallen

10 Years Ago

You can kill him if u want but I have something better in mind >:)
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

>:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

510 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..