Chapter 12- Asher..

Chapter 12- Asher..

A Chapter by The Fallen

~Asher~

 

Cora closed her eyes again, her healthy glow began to dim. I sighed and picked up her cold body. She breathed slowly, and managed to mutter one word, Coretta. I furrowed my brow and looked at her. I wondered if she was feeling alright, most people don't go cold when they pass out. Though she isn't like most people.


I walked out of her room, holding Cora close to my chest. She was defiantly out, but for how long? I kept walking, the grey, dim-lit halls were empty. The faint sound of a piano playing filled the halls, Celeste. Whenever she needed to clear her mind, she would disappear into the music room, and play to her hearts content.


Unlike Celeste, Warren would go into the gym. He would work out and scream at the top of his lungs, the first time he had did that I realized I would have to make the gym sound proof.


Then there was Cora, she goes along with her emotions. She doesn't figure them out, she just lashes out at others. Mostly Warren because of his many failed attempts of making her his girlfriend. It was never going to happen. She never hides her emotions though, she shows them, and when she does It was best to get out of the way.


I myself though, Chose to do nothing. I blocked out my emotions when I turned eight, the day my parents died.


Though I refused to think I was like Cora, I kind of was. We were both alone, afraid to get attached to something because we are afraid it will get taken away from us. To become alone once again. To become broken.


 

 

When I looked at Cora for the first time that night when I had saved her, I saw myself. Fear filling her black, empty, orbs. She wandered the streets, her red cloak hung around her petite body like a curtain. Her blonde hair knotted, and covered with dirt. She had multiple scars and bruises on her face. Something compelled me to follow her.


She walked into an alley, though she was afraid she was also confident and knew exactly what she had wanted. As a man looked at her, a devilish grin took over his face, he knew her. He wanted her. Her skin still had a dim glow within the darkness, though it was a weak and sickening glow . She was prepared to die, you could see it in the way she walked, her head held high, but her body hunched over.


She stopped in front of the man, her eyes became red like fire. She looked at the man, she spoke softly and gently. She was speaking fluent Greek, I had no clue what she was saying.



She spoke slowly, making sure the man took in every word, and knew what she was saying. She pointed to the night sky and muttered a single word, “αστέρια.” I still had to figure out how she spoke Greek then and English now.


The man raised a brow at her, she sighed and went down on her knees, pleading for something.


The man pulled out a gun, and Cora looked up at him her eyes accepting her fate. My jaw dropped, there was no way on earth anyone would ask for death. Especially not someone like her who had her whole life to live.


The man placed the gun to her neck, Cora quickly shut her eyes, and waited for him to pull the trigger. I looked at the man, there was no way he was going to shoot her for no good reason. He pressed his finger on the trigger, he was really going to do it. I was going to run over there and try to stop him from doing it, but it felt as if my legs were glued to the pavement.


Then echoing of the bullet going through her skin echoed around the empty streets. Cora fell over, blueish looking 'blood' surrounded her head, her blonde hair stained with the blue substance. At that moment, I knew she was not normal.


The man exited the alley, leaving Cora's dead body on the ground to rot. I growled and quickly transformed, my instincts said to follow the man, but if I was to help the girl I had to get her to the hospital, now. I crept over to her, my tail dragging along the pavement hoping I was able to help her. I nudged her with my muzzle, some of her blue blood getting on my nose, I hoped she was able to open her eyes or something. If she wasn't human she should still be alive, for awhile longer. I took my human form again, and picked her up carefully. Her body was limp, she was no longer breathing. I knew I had minutes possibly an hour if I was lucky, to sustain her. To bring her to life.





I pushed open Warren's bedroom door and looked at him. He was laying on his bed, rock music playing on the highest volume his radio could possibly go. His legs hung over the bed frame, his eyes closed. I kicked the bed, Warren quickly opened his eyes alarmed.


“What?!” He said, then looked over at me. His eyes instantaneously falling on Cora. “What happened to her?!” He asked frantically. He stood up and ran his hands all over her body, looking for any brusises or scraps. I growled and pushed him back on the bed.


“I do not know what happened. Would you please just watch her while I go and get some things?” I asked him.


“You had to ask?” He took Cora into his arms, and looked at her. He gently set her on the bed, and laid beside her.


“If I come back and she isn't in that exact spot, you are dead.” I warned him before exiting the room. His music went off, and he shut the door behind me. I shook my head, he was one love sick puppy.


I shoved my hands in my blue jean pockets and walked down the hall towards my lab. I needed to get some pills and a warm cloth for Cora.


I pushed open the metal door, and looked around my empty lab. I immediately walked over to the wooden cabinet on the other side of the room, grabbing some Tylenol and other things that Cora may need for when she wok up. I then went over and grabbed a cloth before exiting the room.


As I walked down the hall again, I heard a scream and then the crashing of someone's bed. Most likely Warren's. I dashed down the hall, knowing Cora had just woken up and she clearly wasn't happy.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
So...

What are your thoughts on Cora's death.
Her change in languages...?
What happened in Warrens room?
What could Cora have possibly done to Warren this time?

Oh and that greek word means stars

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good work. Pen On. Do u read mine 2 Time, why and Manner?

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this chapter, that's for sure. Cora's death was interesting, and I'd definitely like to know more about it and why and such. I don't care about Warren, so idk what I think about his room xD
I didn't think it was possible, but I love Asher even more that I did in the beginning.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Haha...I want more people to like Asher, hes awesome
Thankss
This chapter was intriguing, emotional, intense and kinda humorous all at the same time :3

Cora's death was so sad! I'm kinda mad that Warren didn't do any freaking thing! >.< And why would that man kill her and what was she saying to him?!?! >.< The blue blood was pretty interesting. I like the concept ^.^

Her change in languages is quite puzzling... o.O I bet when she became a star she learned all sorts of languages. Just my opinion :3

Lol I bet Warren tried to kiss her or something so she shoved him off the bed into the wall and threw the bed at him xD

Awesome ch and I can't wait for the next one :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Her language change has something to do with her past.

XD She would throw a bed at him.. read more
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

XD
I love seeing more of Cora's past! I like that Asher was actually there and watching her! I'm very curious about this language change and I wonder if Cora remembers that moment...I hope Cora gave Warren the smack down >:) She probably flipped the bed with him in it hehe Such a great chapter! So glad you posted it!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

xD This book is just always blocked in my head >.< It bugs me!!!
Bella Luna

10 Years Ago

I have the same problem with Juniper...I think its hard to focus on more than one book...
The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Yeah...:S

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by The Fallen


Chapter 31 Chapter 31

A Chapter by The Fallen