Chapter Ten- Immature..

Chapter Ten- Immature..

A Chapter by The Fallen

Chapter Ten: Immature

Asher


“Cora! Get down from there!” I yelled up at her. She had taken the sheets from her bed and somehow attached them to the room, creating a hammock that hung in the centre of her room.


She laughed, “I sleep better up here. It's like I'm floating!” She peered down at me, her bangs fell over her black eyes. I ran a hand over my face and growled under my breath.


Cora you are going to get hurt!” I crossed my arms, I had spent over an hour attempting to get her down.


Asher! When are you going to understand, I am older than you.” She laid back, and I knew she had a grin across her face. She even created a bed for her sword, I am pretty sure she has gone insane.


You are eighteen am I not correct?” I asked, crossing my arms and staring up at the maroon sheets.


“Times eighteen by two. Then you have my real age. I basically live every year twice.” She said positively. I pulled out a pen and my note book quickly jotting down the information. “Do you always have to research me?” Cora asked, pointing her feet up towards the ceiling.


“Do you always need to hide important facts?” I retaliated. She groaned, and rolled out of her hammock. My eyes widened. “Are you crazy! You are going t-” I stopped myself when I realized she was floating in mid-air. My jaw dropped, a light yellow powder surrounded her feet. “What is that..What are you doing!” I asked.


She ran a hand over her face. “One word. Star.” She sighed in annoyance. “What can stars do. And what do stars have?” She looked at me, shaking her head. “I thought you were some scientist doctor guy, shouldn't you know this stuff?” She landed on the floor lightly.


“Well most people I take care of don't do that!” I pointed to the dust that was quickly dissolving into the floorboards. Cora shrugged casually and walked over to her desk, grabbing a red sucker from her jar. She placed it in her mouth and smiled.


You want one?” She asked.


No. I don't.” I looked into her black eyes, still curious as to how and why they changed colours every once in a while.


“Why are you looking at me like that?” Cora asked, cocking her head to the side. Her hair fell over her right shoulder.


Curiosity.” I replied. She raised a brow, and placed her hands on her hips.


“Well curiosity can get you killed.” She said, looking past me and at the door. I turned around to see Celeste leaning against the door frame, with a smug look on her face. Cora's light glow slowly faded. Celeste began to stare Cora down. I growled, and walked over to Celeste.


“Can I help you?” I asked. She looked at me, and gave me one of her I'm innocent, and sweet smiles. I had worked with her for over seven years, and I had known her tricks pretty well.


“James is on line three for you.” She said, gesturing to the office across the hall from Cora's room. I looked back at Cora, who casually shrugged and sat down on her black leather chair throwing her legs over the arm of it. I nodded and exited Cora's room, looking back to make sure Celeste had left as well which she had. I walked into my office and picked up the phone.


Hello, James.” I said immediately.


“Ah hello there Asher, I was just wondering if you're fallen star is still hanging around.” He said through the line. I looked through the window of my office into Cora's room, making sure she was still there and hadn't run off again.


Of course she is still here. Why?” I asked.


“You should let her know, that her family is still well and alive. And they are still being tested on.” James told me, before I could say another word the line went dead. I still wondered how he knew what she was, there was something that was being kept from me, or something I needed to find out. I felt my anger bubbling, but I suppressed my inner tiger and got up from my desk. I couldn't tell Cora what James had said, she would run off again without thinking of a strategy. I nodded, I was not going to tell Cora anything until I was sure we could get there and have a successful rescue mission. I opened the door to my office, and quickly exited it shutting the door behind me. Outside of Cora's door was a unconscious Warren, I groaned.


I knocked on Cora's door. She opened at and grinned brightly. I pointed to Warren, and raised a brow, she slowly slunk back into her room attempting to shut the door behind her. I shoved my foot between the door and the doorway, stopping it from shutting.


“What did you do?” I asked her, slightly annoyed.


“He was annoying me!” She whined, avoiding the question.


“What did you do to him?” I pressed. I looked down at the roses in his hand.


“I don't like flowers, nor do I like him that way.” She said. “All I did was sprinkle some dust on him and he passed out.” She explained.

“Putting people to sleep cannot fix every problem, Cora. Just explain that to him! Tell him you do not like him that way, and maybe he will stop.” I told her. She looked at him, sighing softly. She brushed her bangs out of her face, and placed her hand on her pendant.


“I'm not good at loving people back..It's a waste of his time. I have no clue how to show love, or even turn him down.” She said, her black eyes were fighting back tears. I sighed.


“Cora, what is wrong?” I asked. I wasn't capable of comforting people like others. Her eyes faded into a deep blue colour, and a few tears rolled down her tan cheeks. I raised my hand to touch her shoulder, but slowly placed it back down at my side knowing she didn't like to be touched.


“Nothing, Nothing is wrong.” She straightened herself out, and wiped away the tears. Right I forgot, miss fallen star hates weakness.

“Alright. Can you atleast wake him up?” I glared at her. She chuckled softly and nodded, she held out her hand and sprinkled white dust over Warren. He groaned, and threw his hand over his face to cover his eyes from the lights. Cora slowly crept back into her room, and shut the door. I heard the lock click shortly after the door was shut. Warren released the flowers, and looked up at me, still sheliding his eyes from the light.


“Where is she?” He asked.


“Dude, you still have a zero percent chance. She doesn't like you that way.” I told him. He shook his head and smiled.


“Still I am not giving up on her. She is amazing.” He got up and straightened out his black leather jacket. If he kept perusing Cora, I was pretty sure he would end up dead soon.


“I'll start digging your grave now then.” I chuckled.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
-.- What are we going to do with Cora...
Warren I say...Should just give it up!

Should Asher tell Cora about the phone call?

What about her family? Will she ever free them?


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha! I love Cora Cx aaaaanyway, Warren should just give up. He has no chance. Asher should tell Cora what James said, but make sure he has her where she can't get away; and tell her that James, despite having a large amount of knowledge, may be lying but he can't be sure. Awesomeness!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD I love Cora to, she is bipolar...So you never know what she will be like next.
Warren...He.. read more
Savior of Time

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D



Reviews

Lol Warren... XD That was hilarious!!!!!!!!

I..think he should... But at the same time...he shouldn't... o.O Still thinking on the pros and cons of that one .-.

OF COURSE SHE WILL FREE THEM!! >.<

...at least she'd better... Or I know who I'm sending Calina and her chainsaw out to get... >:3

Lolz I'm kidding. I luvz you too much to hurt you ^-^

Great chapter! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks :) working on the next chapter right now
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

YAY, YAY, YAYYYY!!!!!! :D:D:D
Haha Cora is hilarious! Asher needs to tell her about the phone call, otherwise she will find out from someone else and feel betrayed that he didn't tell her! And Celeste better watch herself! I don't like her DX Great chapter!!! Warren probably should give up haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha! I love Cora Cx aaaaanyway, Warren should just give up. He has no chance. Asher should tell Cora what James said, but make sure he has her where she can't get away; and tell her that James, despite having a large amount of knowledge, may be lying but he can't be sure. Awesomeness!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD I love Cora to, she is bipolar...So you never know what she will be like next.
Warren...He.. read more
Savior of Time

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D
Warren is funny. XD I don't want him to give up. I've already shipped him and Star. Asher should tell Cora about the phone call. Maybe they could work out a plan together. And I want to know more about her family. Great job. I loved it. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Warren is a pain in da butt!! >.< I would hate a guy persuing me constantly like him.
But..Eve.. read more
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by The Fallen


Prolouge. Prolouge.

A Chapter by The Fallen