Chapter nine- Alone again?

Chapter nine- Alone again?

A Chapter by The Fallen

Chapter Nine- Alone again

Cora


My skin faintly glowed, my feet sat on top of my legs in a meditation stance. My eyes glued shut, I began to summon Asta. A humming noise entered my ears and a bright light took it's form in front of me, Asta stepped out of the light and smiled softly.


You called, Cora?” She took a seat in front of me.


Yeah I did. Look I don't get how you and the moon expect me to trust those who do not trust me in return.” I growled.


The moon and I believe a different story. Cora you need to be patient, they haven't seen the world through your eyes and felt the losses and such.” Asta tried to reason with me.


So when I finally decide everything is perfect, someone has to do something that screws up everything! I do not get this world.” I sighed and buried my head in my hands.


They grew up here, in the human world. They are different, and feel differently then we do. You must understand not everything is what it seems.” Asta pushed tucked my hair back behind my ear, and looked at me with love. “Cora, the day you were made I knew you were special. Sure Earth isn't the best place to be but you will learn a lot more on here then you will from the sky. I was wrong to ask you to return with me but one day you may need to leave, to restore the balance in space.”


I looked at her and sighed, I knew my eyes were black once again and I could feel my emotional tie to the world slipping away. “Asta?”


Yes?” She replied, as she stood at the door of light.


Come back soon, Okay? I'll need another talk.” She gave me a warm smiled and nodded before exiting the human world. My skin still glowed, actually it glew brighter than before. I took in a deep breath, and looked around. A rustling noise came from the bushes to my right, I quietly got up and walked over. I peered in the bush, only to be tackled by a tiger, I let out a scream then he pressed his paw to my mouth,


Shush Cora! You are going to cause a scene.” A familiar voice said. I looked into the tigers eyes, and realized it was Asher. I pushed his paw off me and scowled.


Says you! You're the one who pounced on me, you scared the starlight out of me!” I looked at my arms, which no longer lit up. He really did scared the starlight out of me, who knew that was possible.


Well I am sorry.” He got off me and sat before me.


Apology not accepted.” I sat up and crossed my arm.


Whatever you say, Starbright.” Warren stepped out of the forest and leaned against a tree, giving me a playful smile.


Star..bright?” I cocked my head and raised a brow.


Like it?” He asked,


No! I do not like that! How did you even come up with that name!” I snapped.


You are a star, are you not?” He pushed his blonde hair out of his green eyes.


I am..But how did you eve-” I stopped and looked over at Asher, who was now completely human. “You told him!?” I growled.


No, He used charm speak to make me tell him. I assure you I did not tell him willingly.” Asher explained, my gaze travelled back over to Warren.


You cannot tell a soul about this! About who I am, promise?”


I swear an elf oath on it.” He placed a tan hand over his heart.


You better, because I have a few more weapons up my sleeves, besides the dagger.” I snickered. Asher's eyes widened.


Your kidding?” He looked surprise.


No..I need things to protect me. Like this.” I reached backward, and grabbed the hilt of my golden sword and pulled it out of it's holder. “This is what I call, Stardust.” I said with a grin. Asher carefully took it out of my hand and examined it's gold and silver blade.


What is it made out of?” He asked in awe.


As I said, Stardust.”


That's impossible.” Warren said, bending down to get a better look a my sword.


Yeah well I am also 'impossible' Or I am not suppose to exist yet I do.” I snatched my sword back. “I made it myself, the only one of it's kind.” I said, watching the sun rays dance off it's blade.


And you named it..” Asher said, still staring at the sword.



Yes I named it. Makes it seem more, human like. You guys name your so called 'pets' don't you?” I asked.


Yes we do.” Warren replied.


Well think of this as my pet, and I am naming it.” I placed the sword back in it's holder on the back of my spine.


A sword is not a pet.” Asher said.


Well neither is a lion, yet you people seem to put them in cages anyways.” I recoiled.


Whatever..” Asher said, standing back up. The sun had already set and the stars began to come out, Asher and Warren yawned. I cocked my head to the side and looked at them.


What?” Warren asked, stretching out his arms with another yawn.


Why are you guys tired?” I asked. I stared up at the stars with a grin across my face.


It's night time Cora, Meaning it's time to sleep.” Asher explained.


I laughed, “Why do you sleep at night? It's so beautiful and peaceful.” I pointed out.


Because it's dark, we sleep better then.”Warren replied.


Well to me that just sounds silly.” I crossed my arms and made myself comfortable in the grass.


That's because you are a star. Stars come out at night, not during the day.” Asher shook his head and stared down at me.


That's where you are wrong!” I sing-songed. “The sun is a star.” I looked at Asher with a look of disappointment. “You are a doctor, you should know these things. Plus you also injected me with vampire venom, Vampires are like bats. Therefore there is another reason for me to stay awake at night.” I glared at a huge star that dangled in the east.


So which star are you?” Warren asked, setting down beside me.


Eastern. I am the Eastern star, or the Eastern star is me.” I knew without even looking that my skin was glowing that faint white light.


You look beautiful.” Warren murmured, I could feel his eyes glued to the back of my head.


Shut up before I punch you.” I looked over at Asher, who was leaned up against a willow tree. He had a note pad on his lap, and was furiously writing down. I could only guess he was writing everything he was learning about me currently. I felt a faint smile dance upon my lips, I wondered what he would do if I showed him my star form.




© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Ignore grammer, I have not read this over so there may be things I havent fixed.. Oh well...

Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome chapter!! :) reading on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I Loved it! loving Cora including the 'shut up before i punch you' - role model :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well, I very much enjoyed this chapter...although you kept yelling at me to read it. i can't write a long review, since school is almost over and I have to get off the computer.
Well done, as always, love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Fallen! awesome chapter, once again. Cora sounds a bit like me, "Shut up before I punch you." That's something I would say (and something I DO say). nice job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

HAII!! :D
Thank you!
Savior of Time

11 Years Ago

:D hi c: you're welcome
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

:3
Awesome I love It way to go!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

thnxx
Lolz I kinda like Warren and Asher is kinda annoying me for some reason... .-.

The facet that Cora is a star is intriguing and incredible and I LOVE the concept! :3

Awesome chapter ^-^

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Asher is too wound up in his research to pay attention to people in the world.

Thanks!
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Lolz, Ikr? :/

:D
I love it XD Warren is so great, always hitting on her haha And what is Asher always writing down!??!! I hope Cora is able to adjust to their ways soon so she doesn't feel so out of place! Amazing chapter, so glad you posted it!!! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

I doubt Asher will let him continue to hit on her
I'm glad u liked it
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Yeah, Asher is going to need to up his game! XD I mean, I don't think he has redeemed himself from .. read more
Amazing! I loved it. I wonder what will happen now since they know more about her. Great chapter, and I can't wait for more.
And on a side note, I think I'm going to be on team Warren for a while. XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

XD Yes, really.
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Greaattt .-. NOI WILL NOT STAND FOR IT
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

XD Too bad.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 28 Chapter 28

A Chapter by The Fallen