Chapter Two- The Escapee

Chapter Two- The Escapee

A Chapter by The Fallen

Chapter Two- The Escapee

Asher


I placed the paper of answer's I had gotten from Cora, in a file. I pushed the drawer back into my desk. My gaze traveled over to the video monitors, I looked for Cora in her room but it was empty. My eye's widened. I looked at the red button, tempted to press it but I didn't want to scare Cora. I opened my door and looked in the hallway. Where would she go? and how did she get out? I walked down the hall casually, making sure not to tick off any of the guards that someone escaped. I opened the outside door and leaned up against a tree. I stared at the sky and waited for her appearance. The glass shattered, and Cora sung out in a cartwheel and landed in a crouching position. She rose from the ground and held a knife close to her waist, her white hair blew back. Her black eyes looked around.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked casually. Cora's eyes widened as she stared at me.

 

"H-how did you know?" She stuttered. She shoved the knife in her combat boot then looked back at me.

 

"Monitors, I'm not as dumb as you think." I said. She looked around, ready to bolt. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Her black eyes landed back on me.

 

"You don't scare me." She said .

 

"Just come back inside." I replied.

 

"Why would I listen to you. You ruined my life!" She yelled.

 

"How?"

 

"You brought me back to life. I should have died! I deserved to die!" She growled.

 

"No one deserves to die." I replied slowly.

 

"You cannot keep me here." She changed the subject. "I'm a human, I have free will, to come and go as I please." She said simply, walking closer to me.

 

"Stay here for just a few more days. Let me make sure your stable. Then you can leave." I said, and stood up straight. She looked to the sky, and muttered some ancient words I couldn't understand.

 

"A week, that's all you have then I must go." She said, her voice just barely over a whisper. I wondered where she had to go in such a hurry. "But you must let me go shopping for clothes." She gestured to the pink robe and combat boots she was wearing. I nodded, anything to keep her here. "Oh and can I have my clothes back?" She asked. I raised my brow, why would she want her bloody clothes back?

 

"Why?" I asked, and motioned her towards the shattered front door.

 

"I need my wallet to buy new clothes." I rolled her eyes. "Oh and don't lock my door, and I'm not following any of your rules." She stated.

 

"I'll pay for clothes and if you cause any problems I may have to lock your room." I stepped over the glass and walked inside. "Clean up this mess." I ordered one of the guards on duty. He bowed towards me and gave Cora a dirty look, she scowled and marched passed him.

 

"My turn." She said.

 

"For what?" I fell in step with her.

 

"Questions! What supernatural is Celeste?" She asked

 

"Fairy." I turned into the next hallway.


"Why did you want to save me?" Her voice cracked. 


"I already told you." I replied softly.


"You were only telling half the truth" She said, a smile played on her lips. How would she know if I was lying or not? "I can read people." She spoke softly, answering the question I asked in my head.

 

"When I saw your death it pulled on my heart strings. I thought that you were so young and deserved a second chance at life so I did what I had to do." I said confidently.

 

"Your hiding something, but then again we are all so I'll ignore it." She said. Her black combat boots clicked against the white tiled flooring. Her black eyes sparkled when the sunlight touched them through the windows. She looked at me and smiled. "Anyone else live here?" She asked.


"One other person." I replied and shoved my hands in my jeans pockets. "You will meet him in time." She nodded and examined the lobby. "I'll come get you in a hour and we can go get you actual clothes." I said, looking at the pink robe she was forced to wear. She looked very girly in pink, and I could tell she hated it. She was a warrior of sorts and wanted to be treated and seen like one. Cora ran up ahead and pushed open her door. 


"The locks broken by the way." She laughed and shut the door behind her. I had a feeling she was going to cause a lot of problems here. And I was going to have to pay for everything she broke. I rubbed my forehead, just thinking about the trouble she'd cause was giving me a headache.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Asher is quite mature and has ways of convincing people to stay.
Will Cora stay longer than a week? or will she leave?
What do you guys think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm, she may keep her promise, depending on how she's treated. That's pretty cool how Cora can read people and how Celeste is a fairy. Nice chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Fallen

11 Years Ago

:3 Thank you
Savior of Time

11 Years Ago

:3 You're welcome
awwwwww i love Asher!!!!! love him, love him annnnnnnd i love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a tomboy in a pink robe..... i know what you mean believe me!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks
I don't thik Cora to be someone to break a promise, even if it does mean she has to stay for a week.
I like Asher, as much as a lock on a door says otherwise.
Ooooo I wonder who the other supernatural is??? XD
So reading on!!1!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanksss
Eep! Why didn't you tell me a new chapter was out??!! >.<

Lol it's fine. ^^

So this is getting so interesting. I find Asher to be kind of mysterious and Cora is so. Freaking. Awesome! :D

Onwards to the next one!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

XD I'm lazy I don't bring things up cause I forget -.- lol thanks
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

lol XD
Great chapter! :D Asher is an interesting character. I think Cora is going to run off again. :P Reading the next chapter! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't know if she's staying but I know she's gonna cause a lot of trouble I like her personality like when she laughs after she says its broken anyway

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks (:
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

She reminds me of. Character in a book I read
I love these characters!!! I like how casual Asher is about the whole situation. He's very good at staying calm and getting what he wants. I love Cora's personality!!! I think she is going to try to escape again, but Asher is going to convince her to stay longer, because obviously he's going to stop her again lol This is really great!!! Next chapter please :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Asher had to control his anger for reasons do he is always calm xD Cora may attempt some things lol .. read more
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Can't wait XD
Asher seems like a fun guy. XD And I love Cora. I really must know more about her.
I need the to read the next chapter now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Lol thanks and I'm almost done it
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Yay! ^^
Well, his is 20 isn't he? Then again not ALL 20 year old's are so mature...I'll this is Asher guy! And yes, he does have a way con convincing people to do things...doesn't he? He's not like one of those siren things is he? Cause that would be cool
I have a feeling Cora will stay longer than a week XD She's too curious as to know who or maybe even, what, Asher is.
A new mysterious person is going to appear eh? You like to keep me hanging, Fallen dear...you're lucky none of your fans or me have strangled you yet XD
Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Hehe, he has to keep his cool otherwise things might go bad ;D
and I love you to much to kill .. read more
Felecia

11 Years Ago

Fair enough lol
You know I'll continue them really soon xD (i think)
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD Good

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 28 Chapter 28

A Chapter by The Fallen