Chapter 23- I have my best friend back.

Chapter 23- I have my best friend back.

A Chapter by The Fallen

My heart was racing, I sat cross legged in a meadow. The moon was slowly ascending into the blackened night sky, and the stars shined brightly. Rippled of darkness extend from my nails, the strings of black wrapped itself around a blooming Tiger Lilly, slowly making it wilt. I gasped. A dark figure appeared before me, her eyes were purple and her hair was black, but once the moonlight hit it it became a deep purple. She wore a tight fitting, black dress that fitted her petite figure perfectly. Her tanned hand reached out to me.


That is what you are capable of, Destiny.” Her voice was light.


What do you mean?” I asked. She smiled, she looked perfect a little too perfect.


You are capable of taking a fraction of people's lives, of anything living like you had just done with the flower.” She explained. I looked down at her feet, which were covered in purple lace stilettos.


I am not that powerful.” I crossed my arms, and looked away from her electrifying gaze.


You are connected to Night Falls, you are capable of many thing, Destiny. Do not sell yourself short.” She replied calmly. “Soon humanity will feel lost, and the ones you love may be in danger. You will need to fight against the demon feeling and choose the path that is right for you.” She bent down in front of me, her purple eyes holding my red ones.


Who are you?” I asked. Her laugh was bell-like, she shook her head making her curly black locks fall over her shoulders.


You will know me soon enough, Princess.” She cupped my cheek and laughed again.


How do you know me?” I asked, I felt a million questions enter my mind as she sat before me. For once I did not feel my inner demon, or voice bickering in my head. I was just me, and that's all I wanted to be, I felt free.


“There is much you will want to know. But I promise you will find out shortly.” Rain began to fall, She pulled her hand away from my face and looked up at the sky, her smile grew bigger. She stood up and looked down at me, her smile and eyes were welcoming. “I understand the rain is not something you like anymore. After developing your inner flame it is quite dangerous to you.” She held out her hand, allowing the rain to create a puddle in th palm of her hand. “But this is Night Fall's water, so it is completely harmless to you.” She explained. I nodded, pulling my knees to my chest. I felt speechless, I desperately wanted to find out who this mysterious women was. Suddenly I hear a low growing noise come from her chest, her eyes became fixated on the forest behind me.


“What is it?” I asked, attempting to get up. She gently pushed me back down and backed away from me. A thin black tail sprouted from behind her, two cup-shaped, black ears appeared on top of her head. Her nails slowly extending into black claws, and her body took the shape of a black leopard. I could faintly see darker black splotches on her body. My eyes grew wide, as I pushed my self away from her. She bared her teeth and let out a roar. She started off towards the forest, curiosity sparked my interest as I found myself getting off the ground and following her. She tackled an unsuspecting tourist, ripping his body to shreds. Her claws were covered in blood, as she continued to rip the person's limbs off, her jaw locked on his neck. I heard a scream escape my lips as I watched her pull apart the human's body. Her purple eyes looked back at me, her white fangs covered with blood. She slowly stalked towards me, blood dripped from her muzzle. Her gaze was locked on me, her ears flicked back as if she were trying to make sure the human was dead. I was pretty sure she had killed him. “He could have wanted to kill you.” She said, still in her leopard form. I shook my head, quickly turning around to run.


~*~


“You clearly do not understand! She was promised school and I shall fulfil that promise. She needs school, and you also promised that she would be able to go!” A familiar voice pulled me out of my nightmare. My heart was racing, and my breathes were short and shallow.


“The term was that she marries me then she could go to school!” Sykho's voice sounded muffled through the door.


“Well maybe if you allow her to go to school, she may fall for you! She is already enrolled again, everything is planned King Sykho, we are not going back. There is nothing you can do now!” Malice's voice went down to a whisper. “I am sorry to have told you what to do, but it's already in progress.” I rubbed my eyes, and thought to myself; Malice never seemed like the type to talk back or even raise his voice to a superior. I yawned and pressed my hand to my heart, which was still beating crazily. I recalled the girl from the dream, all I wanted to know was who she was, and how she knew me. I pulled my knees to my chest, the door opened and Malice walked in.


“So, I will show you how to take things away from people right now.” He stated. Then his eyes went soft, and he gently places a hand on my knee. “What's wrong?” He questioned, his voice filled with concern.


“Nothing, just a nightmare.” I said quickly. “So you are going to show me right now? Before school?” I asked, hoping to switch the topic.


“Yeah, it's really simple. It took me less than two minutes to learn.” He smiled. He held out his hand, inviting me to take it. I hesitantly grabbed his hand, and closed my eyes. “Now I want you to focus on what you want to take. You can only take one sense or need from the body at a time, and you have to be touching them for it to work.” Malice explained. I nodded, taking in a deep breath. I wanted his vision, I wanted to see the world from his eyes. I focused hard on that thought, on what was something he could live without for a brief moment, I didn't want to hurt him. I felt Malice’s hand tighten in mine. “You're doing it.” He said. I quickly pulled my hand away from his, I opened my eyes to meet his curious ones. “Why did you stop?” He asked.


“Because, If you say I was doing it, then there is no need for me to continue. I don't want you harmed in any way.” I said, lowering my head to look at the wooden flooring.


“Destiny, you have doubts in what you are capable of. You need to prove it to yourself, you need to go all the way with something you are training for.” Malice said, placing a hand on my back. “Practice some more, maybe Ash will allow you to use him as a training dummy.” Malice said, with a hint of humour. A smile played on my lips, but I suppressed the urge to show it. “Get dressed, Ash and I will meet you outside.” Malice opened the door slowly, and exited the room. I looked over at my clock 7:43 I furrowed my brows, how come Kendall hasn't come to see me yet? I wondered. I walked over to my closet, I pulled the doors opened and looked in it. There wasn't much to pick from, so I grabbed a pair of pink pastel coloured jeans and a black top. I shrugged out of my purple pyjama pants and grey tank top, and pulled on my jeans and top. I brushed a comb through my hair, and sprinted out of my room. Ash and Malice stood side by side. Ash wore a black leather jacket with a tight red shirt underneath along with a pair of blue jeans. When he saw me a smile spread across his face, I ran straight for him and threw myself into his arms. His arms wrapped themselves around me, and he held me tightly to his chest.


“Something worrying you?” He asked as if he knew about my nightmare.


“Not anymore.” I said into his shirt. His arms loosened, and I turned to look at Malice. “So are we ready?” I asked.


“Yeah, you first, princess.” Malice said, with a smile. I giggled and began walking, Ash walked slightly behind me but beside Malice. I kept thinking about how Dawn would react, would she yell at me for mysteriously vanishing? Or would she be hugging me like crazy, basically crying from joy. I bit my lip when I realized my eyes were red, RED! That is not normal, Dawn would probably run away screaming if she saw my red eyes. I turned to Malice.


“Uh, my eyes..What do I do about them?” I asked. Malice smiled and pulled out a black case, he handed it to me. I opened it to find two blue contacts. “Oh thank you so much, Malice!” I hugged him tightly and shut the case, Ash held up a mirror allowing me to quickly place the contacts in my eyes. I hated the idea of having to hide who I truly was from my best friend but if she knew what I was, I doubt she would be my friend anymore. I blinked a few times to adjust them then looked at myself in the mirror. I was me, well the old me. I smiled brightly and looked at Ash.


“Now that is the smile I love to see on your face.” He said, gently tracing my lips with his finger. He pulled his hand away and I turned around, taking off in a sprint towards the outline of the school. My stomach filled with butterflies, and I was starting to feel sick. I looked back at Malice and Ash, who were keeping their distance yet they kept up with me pretty well.


I stopped in my tracks just outside the borderline to the school. My demon senses kicked in, and I could see Dawn sitting in the centre of a bunch of trees about five minutes from here. I froze, I could see her...From that far away? I shuddered, there was something always new to learn when being a demon.


“Are you going to go in?” Malice asked. I shook my head. “Why not?” I looked at Malice and bit my lip, did he want the honest reason why? I didn't want to tell him his high and mighty demon princess was scared.


“I cannot face her. She is probably really pissed at me, for making her worried.” I muttered. Ash gently rested his hand on my shoulder.


“We will be right behind you. I know you can do this.” He said comfortingly. I sighed, quickly shutting my eyes I focused on Dawn's thoughts. “What are you d-” I covered his mouth with my hand and focused.


“Something I need to do, before I go and see her.” I dug through her brain, to find the centre of her thoughts. When I found it, I was hit with a million thoughts like a freight train. I stumbled backwards but Ash placed both hands on my shoulders to steady me. I continued to search through her thoughts. She could be dead..

Raped.

Kidnapped

Maybe she ran away

Will she even come back?

Destiny..I need you


Where did she go!


I opened my eyes and took in a deep breath, every single thought was about me. She was worried, more then I ever thought she would be. Actually that is an understatement, I knew she would be worried since we had been practically like sisters since kindergarten. I took a step forward, but then I stopped once again.


“Come on let's go.” Ash urged.


“I would..But I can't move my legs.” I stated, my legs felt numb and I couldn't bring myself to force them to move. Ash sighed and gently pushed me, I stumbled forward and looked back at him. “I was perfectly fine with being stuck to the ground.” I said, then continued walking towards Dawn. The thought of her being alone was a surprise. She had many friends and was pretty much popular, why would she be sitting cross-legged, alone in the park? The closer I got I could see her hair was messy, her eyes were red and puffy as if she hadn't slept for days and she was crying constantly. She wore grey jogging pants and a black sweater that said It's my life. Not yours!. I remembered I bought that for her for her last year for her sixteenth birthday. I stopped just outside of the park , Ash looked at me questionably.


“What now?” He asked.


“How am I to approach her? It isn't easy. Plus I need to make up a reason as to where I was and why I didn't call her.” I told her. He nodded then looked over at Malice.


“Make up some version of the truth. Something that actually sounds realistic, to her. Because the real story will sound crazy and she will tell the cops you have gone nuts and who knows where you will go. So make something up, that is humanly real.” Malice said. I shut my eyes, allowing the wind to surround me as it calmed my nerves a little. Here I go. I thought to myself. I walked forward, stopping a few steps away from Dawn. She didn't look up, her face was buried in a book. My book. To be exact, the book I was playing around with in the many years before. She must have went through my things looking for a clue as to where I went, and stumbled upon the book I had been asking her to read for me.


“What are you reading..?” I asked hesitantly.


“My best friends book.” She replied her voice sounded scratchy, I knew she was holding back the tears.


“How is it?” I sat down in front of her, placing my hands in my lap. Malice and Ash stayed standing, and stayed a few steps away.


“Better than I imagined it would be. I just wish I had read it for her sooner.” Dawn said, raising her hand to swipe a stray tear from her cheek.


“Can you look at me?” I took in a deep breath as I prepared for her eyes to meet mine. She slowly took her head out of the book and looked at me, her eyes widened. She rubbed her eyes, and blinked a couple of times attempting to figure out if this was a dream or not.


“D-Destiny? Is it really you? N-Not one of those crazy hallucinations I have every once in a while?” She raised her trembling hand to touch my cheek, I smiled and nodded. Before I knew it she pulled me into her arms and hugged me tightly, her tears dripped onto my shoulder. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as well, as we hugged each other tightly not saying a thing. I had my best friend back, but for how long?



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Thoughts about the nightmare type thing?
The moment between dawn and destiny?
Anything!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I want to know who this new girl is now, and what part she is going to play in the story. And I'm glad she got to see Dawn again, but I have a feeling that it won't end well. Other than that, I loved it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha you should remember her :3
And haha mayb everything will b fine. Or maybe it won't we hal.. read more
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Really? Where was she from? Can't wait to read the next chapter! ^^
That was great! I really love your wordiness and description of whats going on. It really paints a picture in my head, and the way you wrote the nightmare was great. Very spooky.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thank you!! :3
The_Breakdown

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)
Oooooooo!!! This is so emotional!!!! I love it!!!!!!

That nightmare was creepy!!!!! Who was she?!?!?!?!?! I must know!!!! And her turning into a leopard??? :O *gasps* Oooooo!!!!

I'm LOVING this XD As always :P Kepp going :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Thanks :D
OMG the nightmare gave me chills!!! >.<
Dawn and Destiny's reunion=adorable, heart-string tugging epicness. :3
AWESOME chapter! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Good! ^.^
Thank you :3
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:3
The nightmare was sooo chilling and suspenseful! I need to know who that woman was!!! Great description of it!!!
I'm so glad Destiny is reunited with Dawn! Dawn was so worried and I love that she was wearing the gift from Destiny and reading her book!!! So sweet! I hope Destiny doesn't try to possess her!!! >.<
Ash was amazing as usual!! Love him!!!!!!! Amazing chapter!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Haha thanks, The nightmare was one of mine..and I was like..Destiny...-.- It was creepy..

read more
Bella Luna

11 Years Ago

Hahaha Oh Destiny and her inner demon...XD
Can't wait for more!!!!
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Oh I know right!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2013


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prolouge. Prolouge.

A Chapter by The Fallen





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5