Stage Four

Stage Four

A Chapter by Rory CJ Frankson
"

Pony: Launched... Radar Love.

"
       I separated from Yevette’s warmth and headed for the drivers’ side, Turning back to watch the pout. I knew would be there. “Tough”, I laughed, to shrug. “Hey Panther Girl… live with it”! Now around the 300, I climbed in the waiting door and it sigh down. Jacket off, driving gloves on, with odds and ends tossed into the back seats and running through a needed checklist in my mind. Went through flipping the needed switches, to do just what I had in mind. ‘Ready’! Thought, as the next song came on with its driving bass beat… “I been driving all night… my hands wet on the wheel… the voice in my head, that drives my here”! Da-da-da-da-da- ta-ta-da-da.

         Yevette was grinning like a cat, as her door came down and buckled up. To look appreciatively around Pony’s custom interior. Mmmm, was all she purred and almost couldn’t hear her, over the tunes. I turned it down some, not to hear her... to hear the car. Buckled up, and turned the key. The Hemi instantly fired and the vibration of the 3/4-race cam, Blub blub blub ker blub blub blub, shook through our world… Man.

Hot noise!

And Yevette responds, “Ooo”, breathed. “Bet she goes”! Yelled, through the din.

He.” I yelled back… to qualify. “He’s Pony”!

Tapped him down once, to kick out the auto choke and nailed it again. I grin at that roar blasting into the night, and echo past the parking lot and on into dark forest, and knew. More than a few animals had fled in fright, for miles maybe.

Heard Yevette again, “Oh ya, know, he goes”, literally oozing anticipation, wriggles into her seat and yells... “Go, Pony”!

I’m actually blown away. Yevette’s a real Hot Rodder.

Well we’re about to be in flight... for some few miles, after a little Hot Rod fun! So turned on the headlights, and looked to Yevette. “Are you ready”? I force the statement, into the racket of running open headers. Yevette’s eyes ah fire, gives the thumbs up, to grin.

Yells over, “Ready to Rock, my man”!

In the custom console, a B&M Star Shifter hooked up to the 727-bullet proof Tranny. I Pulled up on the finger triggers, to let the gate slip into Slap Stick and ran it down through satisfying metallic clicks: into False First. Slowly put my foot into it, to bring the stall tork converter up to: 2800 RPM. A mind-blowing wail, Slap Click with my right palm and pinned it for first. Letting all of Pony’s Hemi Power: ‘Rock n Roll’!

Back tires instantly lite up in smoke, the 300…begins to crawl forward. Laying down maybe hundreds of dollars a yard worth of rubber, smokin it to redline… Slap Click second. Wham, Pony grabs traction: torking sideways some, and I correct. With a quick twitch of the wheel. No time, to glance for Yevette’s responses. Only the short parking lot we’re now smokin through! 'Blink', and are doing 85 miles an hour + on the way to Adrenaline Oblivion, in a real limited time zone. The overall thundering noise penetratingly insane. But hearing… 'F**K YA, GO BABY’ beside me…. and yikes 

Yevette likes, fer sure I’d say!

Slap Click third, and allow the RPM's drop. We were running out of parking lot… and Yevette’s reaching for the dashboard. ‘Good luck' I’m thinking with a grin. With a five point racing harness on, and bolted to Pony's upholstered roll bar. Not yet there, Babe”, I yell with gusto slapping down through the gears and forward G forces, are at work big time. With over size brakes: squeezing adrenaline sweat from my forehead and, at the last second... 

Reach first crank the wheel some, and pin it again! Up in smoke, we’re on it. Drifting past the entrance by a breath, and back. Into the parking lot. I’m on the e-brake and, feathering acceleration: to maintain, the long drift...

"Wow, Holy S**t man”, heard as I spy a light standard and around it we go. Still drifting. See the next, and criss-cross the middle and. Round that one, to the next. Criss-cross, and heading back for the first. Drifting a perfect figure eight. Rule, too cool. One more length and let the 300 all the way down and blub-blub-blub. It’s done, and idle Pony back toward the entrance.          

Pony prancing like, ‘come on Troy, is that all there is’, and wanting... My adrenaline level is peeked to the max, trying to shake it off and  push the red toggle on the console, which close the collectors after the headers. The 300, slips past the young guy from the marina, guess he couldn’t very well miss the noise and had run to the lot to witness the show. He was at the entrance jumping up and down, both hands flashing the thumbs up yelling something we couldn’t very well hear and motored past. Back to normal exhaust growl and, onto the main road. Accelerating hard… toward Jasper.

Music pounding... "Oooo  Oh- The - Rate, I - love, Radar - Love", and rolls right into Deep Purples, Highway Star... at a screaming thumping wail. "I - love - it -- I - need  it… I’m  a  Highway  Star".

I turned the tunes down by half and flashed halogens to high beams, ‘gotta wind down’ I’m thinking. As the narrow twisting ribbon of black highway, brightened considerabley between dark forests depth.

The adrenaline was beginning to wear off and movement, caught my attention. Yevette snapped off her seat belt struggling some to get out of it in a hurry? “S**t f****n thing, get off me”, then came a line of frustrated French. I knew to be their version of swearing. At any rate, got her self released and I had half an eye on her and the other. On the snaky narrow twisting highway and jumped by reflex, as half her body flew over the center console and Yevette wrapped her arms around my neck. Pony 300 followed doing a twitch of his own. I over corrected a little shocked, road concentration being called for... accidents do happen, just like this and me.

Wondering, just what’s going on. Yevette extremely animated, yells in my ear. “You’re the Star Baby, like the song singing”, she laughs.Highway Star, f**k ya you. Troy Man…. Radar Love”! I smile, stupidly honored.

Hey, never forget that Baby doll”, do my best impression from a B movie I'd seen a gazzillion times... 'Army of Darkness.' “Slid over here, gimme sugar”, I teased. And she did. Right in my ear, total E-shock!

I seen that movie”, she breathes against my neck. "Army of Darkness, right”, and blew me away. “God Troy, that was intense I’m wet. I think that gave me, an orgasm” and geez, sloppy kiss me again on the cheek. Quick checked outta the corner of my eye and her legs were crossed and seemed to be pumping time, to the music. Then, it was roaming eyes back to road.

She'd caught that glance and slid back into her seat letting go of my neck and say innocently. “Hey, stop here ok. I gotta pee!" Then alternate laughing wicked, teased. “See, you’re stunting back there, scared the piss right out of me”, again laughed. “Just kidding, but stop… please Troy”!

Ok” and purposely-manhandled Pony to the side of the road to a gravel-gringing slide an stop off the highway.

Yevette unbuckled, was straight arming it on the dash. Hey you” she turned to yell, her face qone red, “what was that, stupid? Trying to make me pee-pee, on your seat. Or just mash my nose, against the f****n wind shield”!

I pushed the open tab for the passenger side and her door, auto opened up and out. “Man, that’s cool”, went Yevette climbing out into the now chill spring evening air. The high mountain fresh rich scent of dark Alpine forest, instantly filling the car interior. I pushed the auto trunk button and  heard it pop, as the hushed hiss of it, rose to its open position. At the same time opened my door and climbed out, into the deepening Rocky mountain night.

Yevette’d ambled over to the front of Pony, just to the side of the headlights beam looking reluctant to go too far into thr forest gloom. ‘Hey’ she’d yelled "no peeking... at lady peeing, eh," as she was undoing her pants, “Hey. What ever," I replied, and headed around to the trunk.

"A*****e!" I heard her laugh.

I opened the extra travel bag I kept there, and off went my ruined suit. To change with a shiver into jeans, a black light pullover sweater and sat on the edge of the trunk to laced up hiking boots. Lastly, reached in and put on my old rather worn out, trusty leather 'Charley.' I’d had so long had forgotten where I’d got it from and it felt warm, like an old friend. And, about then. I heard Yevette’s boots came around Pony, crunching through the gravel.

       “Come to see, what you’re up to.” She’d said on arrival, now obviously relieved and eyes sparkling curiosity. The stark white light from the trunk, lit up in a small area fairly well and Yevette was grinning, eyes up and down checking me out to say. “Hey, look at you, don’t you just look so handsome”, kind of stretching around me and I wonder ‘what’s up’. Curious eyes searching the contents of the interior of the trunk ‘nosy, one’?

       “Wouldn’t happen to have a brush in there, would you”, nosy one asks. I turned and looked over my shoulder thinking, ‘matter a fact I do, just where,’ turned and dug around till I found it. ‘I could probably use the same,’ I thought as I hand it over, to a woman  who comments with a note of admiration. “My my, you are prepared for every little thing, eh. My man”! Yevette started in on making her long wavy auburn hair shine brilliantly, softly humming the same soft tune from the restaurant, that morning.

        There was no end to my marveling at her adaptations, as she threw the brush rather carelessly, back in Pony’s trunk. Caught ogling again, she smiled glowingly, “Hey Troy. You have to stop that you know”, ‘huh’, went I. Her man. “You know, staring at me. Like some cute puppy”! to give me a long slow hug, and say softly. “No, don’t stop Troy. I really do like it, you know”, Yevette breathed right in my ear, and I shivered with pleasure. To snuggle into her, hoping beyond hope. The feeling, wouldn’t end.

          But all such things, always, do…

         Yevette stepped back and her fingers rubbed the lapel of my leather. “Cool jacket Troy. Can I try it on”, said looking in my eyes almost pleading and waited, for a decision.

         “Sure”, I said easily, and started taking it off. Yevette did the same, with her old tweed and we exchanged jackets. I held hers as she naturally swung the leather on and stepped back turning round, to sexily model it. “What do you think”, she’d asked, coyly.

          It looked large on her as the tweed had, but looked like it was hers. “I think, it looks great on you. What do you, think?" Interested, to hear what she’d say.

         “N-ya, it’s a very cool, old jacket”, and Yevette inhaled. “It even smells of you!"

         Well, ok then. It’s yours… on one condition!" I looked at her, mock serious.

           Her eyes went wide, “And, just what would that, might be?" The look given, cagily gaging this unsuspected proposition.

           “Like, really nasty S&M sex... for at least, a month!" To laugh my a*s off at the real seriously shocked look which sprang to her face, and gasp. Like she was about to slap me.

No seriously”, said as I held up a hand to stop sign, the incoming punishment grinned naughtily. Then back peddle, “Yevette the jacket is very old”, I hurried on, before she did hit me, “and, I’ve had it almost forever! It’s like an old friend and I can’t tell you the places it’s been with me. Although, Charley probably could”, I laughed and Yevette, looking slightly more placated... and or, puzzled? “Talks to me all the time, he does. Like look out and I didn’t. To crash Harley. Look”, and turned her arm to see, her pretty head craning to look at the road rash scraps and a small slash on the right elbow. “So the deal is”, I let go of her arm and the tension, just seemed to hang there. “You, get the leather if you... can give up, your tweed!"

Then, I waited.

Who’s Charley’, almost missed being mumbled and shrugged off. “No way”, she burst not to grin.“Sex, is no bargaining tool, you realize. Mr. Ferrell!" Her turn to laugh some. Then the look suddenly turns serious and Yevette explain, “I got that special, from a thrift store in Calgary. The day I’d flown home from Belize. It has no history Troy, other than I have given it and I couldn’t. This totally wonderful old leather, means too much to you” and I knew, she meant every word. Except the sexual comment, being purely to get back at me... for my stupid crude joke.

        “Yes, it does mean a lot to me, but please Yevette. It’d make me happy for you to own Charley, and when you do. You could maybe think fondly of me”! I thought on what she’d said about the tweed and that would be the exact reason. I would love to have it! Her statement... 'the history I’ve given it,' and it would smell of Yevette. Lilies in Springtime...

         Don’t know why she pouted, but she did and ask, “Charley?"

         Her eyes, again perplexed and I laughed, “ya, in the beginning Charley the leather went gypsy everywhere with me, and Harley my bike”! With a slight pause and an upward look, I eralized to say. “I seem to put names to everything, don’t know why. It’s a habit I can’t break and nor would I want to”! Another example occurred to me, “you know, like the 300… is Pony!"

         “Ok. It’s a deal”, her eyes got a worried look. “But can I ah, change his name”?

         “If you want “, I said, “it’s your leather now. “But why?" I was curious.

        “I don’t like the name Charley… sorry”! Looked to see if I’d be hurt, before the continuing. I shrugged not a prob and Yevette carried on. “So it’s like this, your last name is Ferrell and I like the gypsy motif you’ve ascribed. To this jackets scenario, having gone so far together with you and your Harley." She rubbed the sides of the old leather with feeling. “I Yevette Rose-Marie Carter Richade, dub thee: Farley. Your mine now, Baby!"

          I slipped on what was now my old tweed; I thought to be a fair trade, it fit me rather well and it did feel as though it belonged to me. All though I would miss Farley. I inhaled the closest lapel, it indeed did smell wonderfully, like Yevette. In time, aroma's fade and take on my persona. But I would wear this old tweed, until it fell from my body.

          Yevette smiled at me and waited, “well”, I knew she meant like hers, a naming. I stroked the tweed with feeling, to say.

           “In time, Yevette… in time”!

           We hit the road and Jasper, for chinese.



© 2014 Rory CJ Frankson


Author's Note

Rory CJ Frankson

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My-my-my this is one hot part with Pony the star. Pony and Charley what a team. Special scene here where they begin to learn to know each other a little bit.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

745 Views
1 Review
Added on October 4, 2010
Last Updated on October 24, 2014
Tags: drifting, hot rod, motor head, gear banger


Author

Rory CJ Frankson
Rory CJ Frankson

Vernon, British Colombia, Canada



About
It's all about the music really. I'm a Writer / Musician. Write On / Right On! Peace... Romon in Review Out Post & Creative Standard Productions. Romonx Associated Artists Rory CJ Frankson .. more..

Writing