I PRAY FOR MONSTERS

I PRAY FOR MONSTERS

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

It's all in my head...or is it?

"
When I was a boy,I would pray for monsters. Not the ones you mistake for shadows. Not unseen spectres that hide in your closet or under your bed. Not fantasy creatures that chase you in your dreams. Real ones. Demons and devils that want to do harm to humanity. I welcome them all. I am the hero.The chosen one. Although I was just a boy, the powers I possessed were great and would have saved us all. I would search for them alone in dark alleys, abandoned houses and the woods near my home after dark. Always prepared. Steadfast with courage. I waited. But the monsters never came. They were patient. So was I... This is me now. An adult of middle-aged years. I am a loner. No family. No friends. I live a unstable life. The people in this world look upon me as delusional. They are unaware of what's to come. The great arrival.Just by the appearance alone of these monsters, mankind will tremble. But this is the purpose of my existence. I will spark the flame that will ignite a great rebellion. I have foreseen my destiny. I'll be thanked and honored. Generations in the future will know that I was always waiting. Always prepared. As I am now. Let the monsters come. From all the corners of the earth. They will recognize who I am and be afraid . And my legend will begin...

© 2017 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
First part fact.second part fiction. Or is it?...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this short piece. I'd like to read longer pieces of yours.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on October 22, 2017