SHE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE

SHE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

someone too far from my reach

"
Now until my last moment, my last thought, my last breath I will think of you
I will childishly depend on those days, weeks and months to blanket that sharp sting I feel when you enter my imagination.
I got it bad for you and that ain't good. Why can't I get rid of you? This aching deep inside of me I have felt for no other. Am i doomed forever to yearn for someone who will never understand my tortured soul?
This fever that quickens my pulse will not last forever. My longing to kiss you and breathe you and taste the dizzying scent of your skin will eventually fade.
Another hurricane will roar up and spin me around and around and around. And when we are alone and my thoughts drift to you, hopefully she will not ask me what am I thinking...
Hopefully, I will not have to tell a lie to spare her feelings. Hopefully, I will not tell her: about your smile that freed me from my darkest place, your lips i so fantasize to kiss, your eyes that made me believe in miracles, your face that will haunt me every second of my life...

So help me, every time I wish I never met you, it's a prayer I hope God never answers...

© 2019 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Listen to Bonnie Raitt " I Can't Make You Love Me"
Love is so much more when it's returned in kind

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nothing wrong with loving someone

Posted 1 Year Ago


this was a great piece ! brought a tear to my eye. keep writing ! i will be back to read more !

Posted 2 Years Ago


Wow what an emotional piece. Whomever it is about I hope that she knows.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes people leave us with a piece of their soul.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's hard to erase someone who tattooed themselves onto our souls. As always you write beautifully my friend.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such an emotional write here....

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful and haunting. It makes me wonder who it is about.

Posted 4 Years Ago


this is one emotional poem KC there is this sadness lurking in every word used.

Posted 4 Years Ago


oh my god. this is beautiful work right here. thank you.

Posted 4 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

887 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 25, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2019


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Escape Escape

A Poem by Chris Shaw