Heart of Artistry and Practicality

Heart of Artistry and Practicality

A Poem by Pax
"

A type of Journal..welcome to my life. Will you tell me your thoughts my friends. Am I too lazy to be practical...thanks everyone for giving their advice, Much appreciated

"

Why do I have to choose between

The Heart of Artistry

To

The Heart of Practicality

?

Can I just choose both ways?

Maybe I can, yet I’m just not blessed with those gifts.

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Well someone said that why are you always reading? Why not make used of your learning to earn money!

Yeah, I guess I'm really not into it. or not... I'm not sure about it anymore..
My heart is always seeking for creation to do new things of artworks (that's why i missed paintings so much)... but then people around me are questioning my artistic value (maybe i really don't have it). Sometimes I think that my work is such crap that it's not worth seeing. I'm thinking that…. Why not go and do practical things… find work that earns real money every day. Yes i did that, now I'm out of my own country and work as an assistant. I just earn just enough money to send cash back to support my parent.

Now back to that someone, he said make use of your experienced then you can earn extra cash. But then my heart is not into it anymore doing web development is a pain in the head or it’s just me i guess.. Technology in the internet keeps on changing and I'm already very far behind, I stop doing it 2 years ago so it’s quite hard to start over again...

Having a heart of practicality is good maybe because they like earning money or they do it because someone is expecting from them like their family(well I guess I’m too lazy for the things I don’t have the heart to work for ~ maybe this is just my defense mechanism being lazy, though I choose practically all the time without knowing).

Having a heart of artistry is good maybe because they like what they’re doing it brings fulfillment in his/her soul or for some talented one they love it because of the high payment fee I guess( well I’m not like that, I just have the heart but not the right amount of skill for the high fee).

It’s so good to hear you’re a talented artist(Am I?), but the questions remains in my mind(Am I, really?). Well I guess I’m just a copycat artist with no real talent… Sad But I’m not sure I am!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
In my opinion, Willyam, I think a fine balance of both artistry and practicality is needed in life. We NEED money to survive, this is just a fact. But, we NEED our art to thrive, this is also fact.
Here are my two cents, NEVER make a career off of what you love, once you start using it (art) for your sole source of income, it ceases to be something you do purely out of love, and becomes a job. That is not saying you can't sell your art, I am only implying that it should not be the only way you support yourself financially. Once you put a price tag on anything, it becomes work.
I always believe a profession should be something you enjoy doing and are good at...something that will make you money enough to survive....but it should never ever be what you truly love, or it will taint what you love, and art will cease to be art and become a dollar sign.
These are just my thoughts, as someone who has been in the art world.
So, are you lazy? No. You are an artist. There is nothing lazy about the painting process or the writing process or any other artistic endeavor you decide to do. Life isn't all about money. Life is about living. Keep doing what you love and that is worth its weight in gold. Be well, my friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

i do love what you said..very much insightful... this is the best thing/advice i heard... that is wh.. read more
~

11 Years Ago

I completely agree with everything you said as well, Willyam. The baggage that comes with work, I to.. read more



Reviews

I have learned over the years that gifts are not given nor are you born with them. A gift is earned, the old fashion way.by doing hard work, not giving up hope saying I can't do it. Instead you work at it and work somemore. That's how a gift is can be yours.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

oh, that's a refreshing viewpoint... i never realized that... now that i think of it... its seem lik.. read more
Your question reminds me of 3 idiots. there was this line wherein the actor mentioned about turning one's passion into one's profession. wouldn't that be great...but the thing is that is the ideal. in reality, we are confronted with different aspect that would force us to chose practicality...we can only make the best of our choices kabayan.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

you remember the lines very well kabayan, you have a very good memory... not like mine ;)... yes we .. read more
The question is well put and reminds me of the dilemma expressed by W.B.Yeats between perfection of the life and of the work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

wow, that's a great honor to be compared to such a poet...I'm thankful mr. John... always with your .. read more
I think "the library" is spot on !
Myself..I am gaining confidence in my work..but money from this work i do...I don't even let that dream taint my thoughts..I just enjoy being able to finally express myself...and if someone finds that it is worth reading...then it is a bit of cream to my day...
Comes down to choices Pax...I know many talented people in different areas of art...none I know are able to sustain themselves on their talent alone...there is a reason "starving artist" is true...take a lot of sacrifice & risk taking..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

me too... we grow as we discover our weakness...
:) sometimes the sparks of our friends are j.. read more
Renée

11 Years Ago

My Pleasure & thank you !
Pax

11 Years Ago

sorry typo...giving me light.. :)
Wow. I'm going through that crisis too right now. I can't imagine that somebody had actually gone and written it and now I'm delighted that you wrote this.

Thank you

This is a nice write and I see the problem. Can't I do what I love even though it is arts? Can't I do that while surviving through this money spinning world? I don't know either as it seems we are caught in between. Now that I'm just a year from graduating I'm also stuck in that crisis. I wish that like my classmates of the arts that I too can take a course to let my love for writing and drawing develop yet I really want to have my mother go home and rest yet I need money for that.

It's times like this that we wonder, can we not be like the lucky ones who are practical and artistic at the same time?

This is a really thought provoking piece and for the record you are a talented artist, have confidence in that.

Nice write and it's going straight to my library :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

I'll do that :) I really would like to understand them
Pax

11 Years Ago

remember not all people are the same.. there is always a difference..that makes us unique in every o.. read more
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

yeah I sometimes forget that even though I encounter a lot of people incredibly unique in different .. read more
sometimes it ain't that easy, to go both ways

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

I agree, but we do it anyways because it's part of life's challenges on how to balance both.. thanks.. read more
You do have artist value, it shows in your poetry, whoever thinks that you should do something you don't wanna do is stupid because writers can write for venting, emotions bottling up, or just for plain fun. And never doubt yourself, you ARE a talented artist and writer

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thank you..I'm really glad for your encouragement. I really appreciate that..
Brittany DeFranco

11 Years Ago

your welcome ^_^
You are a blessed writer my Poet friends. Your words always with purpose and reason. Good to be many things in a life. I like the thoughts to ponder in the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

thanks my friend... its such a pleasure hearing that....I'm looking for purpose, what is best to cho.. read more
I'm never really good at giving advises. So I really don't know what to say. :)) But for me I think I could relate the heart of artistry as for your PASSION, do what you love no matter what other people say, they're not you, so how can they ever understand how you feel when you do your 'own' things. While I could relate the heart of practicality to REALITY, oh reality? I hate it. What's worth to say about it? I'm out of words for it actually, I guess just go with the flow? o.0 Well, I think you could do both, it's just a matter of balancing it. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

hahaha...i can relate...google what can i do without you...lol
Geraldine

11 Years Ago

haha korek. :))
Pax

11 Years Ago

it was nice to talk you...thanks..
I say one can never learn too much .And that fire should always be fed.A great theme here in this work .practicality is essential to survival for most.But I imagine more than one dreamer was drug into adult hood kicking and screamimg

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

11 Years Ago

a very wise words from you mr. Tate, Thank you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

858 Views
29 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2013
Tags: heart of artistry and practicali

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Creative? Creative?

A Chapter by Pax


Choices Choices

A Chapter by Pax


single doses single doses

A Chapter by Pax


Life’s trouble Life’s trouble

A Chapter by Pax