100 % Review : Forum

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
[reply] [quote]

Response to M.A.'s last post

14 Years Ago

Can it get any better than being respected by a person who is so different than yourself?  For me, it cannot, so thank you M.A. for the compliment.   I have come to realize these past couple of years that I have become very closed off from nature and even people.  A series of illnesses, disappointments, challenges, and unwelcome changes have set me on a course I do not like.  Without my writing, I am unsure what I would do or how I would fare.  I believe we as women in general, and we as women writers to a somewhat lesser extent, have to be authentic, real, and present a face that is true to who we really are.  This shows in a person's writing.  This is where the connection is made; not in how the imagery is presented but in how the person who is writing allows themselves to come through.  I have found a handfull of writers here that have that elusive quality in their writing and strive to allow myself to become transparent when I am writing.  It is when I sit and think about what I am writing that I fall into the eternal trap of cliche and uninspired drivel.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
[reply] [quote]

To reply to Nathina's post...

14 Years Ago

I knew someone would eventually say the Bible!  :-)   The thing is, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person with an above average grasp of the English language.  I have attempted to read the Bible many times and I cannot absorb anything.  I just keep going back over what I read and trying to make sense of it, and always....nothing.  I know this is why I am not a Christian, even though I was raised in the Episcopal church and had a Methodist minister Grandfather.  I just never understood any of it.  Faith is hard for me; faith in anyone or anything.
[reply] [quote]

A new challenge!

14 Years Ago

What a great idea Sal!  Ok poets, who's up for the challenge!    Carry on....   Helena :)
[reply] [quote]

Cool

14 Years Ago

Sounds cool. Hope you enjoy. I'll try to update the story as constantly as possible.
**If anyone have any ideas for further chapters in the story, tell me and I'll consider them.
[reply] [quote]

I want to play

14 Years Ago

MUSTAFA RANA
[reply] [quote]

Writing...

14 Years Ago

This is part of a chapter that I'm writing.. The book hasn't been posted yet, and this is just the beginning.. tell me what you think...

Chapter One
Please No CSS I watched my moms face go blank, her eyes glazing over, cloud like. She mouth hung slightly open, drool coming out of her mouth. Then there was a small cloud of smoke, in the form of a ball that started to come out of her chest.             I screamed, trying to push, the smoke back into her chest. But it wouldn’t work. More smoke kept coming out, boiling over, spreading on the floor and disappearing. I cried “Mommy!! Please wake up! Make it stop!” I screamed it. Then I collapsed, on the floor whimpering.             An hour later she woke up.             “Mommy!” I had cried, pulling my self up to give her a hug. All she did was give me a weird look.             “Who are you?” she asked. “Where are your parents? Why are you in my house?” Her voice became more and more urgent.             “Mommy! It’s me! Mommy!” I screamed             “No.” She had said sharply. “I’m not your mommy.” Her face softened then. “I’ll make you a sandwich alright?” Still confused and scared, all I did was nod. She smiled then, and took me into the kitchen. The sandwich was peanut butter and jelly. While I ate, she told me she was going to make a phone call. An hour later, there was a knock at the door. Two people came in, one was a lady she had been pretty and nice. They said that they were going for a ride, just to go talk to some people for a little bit. I’d just nodded, following along; my mom had trusted them so I did. “I love you mommy!” I said as I walked through the door, holding the nice ladies hand. All she did was turn away. That had been the last time I’d seen my mom. My mom who hadn’t known she was my mom, my mom who had thought I was abandoned, and hadn’t wanted to deal with me, my mom that subjected me to my life as it was now. Or maybe it was my fault. After all, it’s my fault she didn’t remember right? “Get in the car sweetie, we’re going for a ride, and then we’re going to ask you some questions… Alright?” I just looked at her, unsure of what to do. After an awkward silence she asked “Do you like ice cream?” The lady smiled when I nodded. “Okay! Lets go get some ice cream!” I stared at her. “When will I see momma again?” “I’m not sure honey, but you can write a letter to her if you want.” I remember falling asleep after we got the ice cream; I never got to write the letter. “So what, the woman was taking a nap, and when she woke up there was a little girl crying on the floor, calling her mommy; and she’s not the mom?” I woke up to a man and the lady both of them drinking coffee. “Where am I?” I said drowsily despite the fact that I was completely awake. “Oh! Your awake sweetie! I haven’t told you my name yet, and you haven’t told me yours, so can we do that now?” I nod yet again. “Alright, my name is…”

So... Tell me what you all think :-)
[reply] [quote]

MAture

14 Years Ago

I was dancing with my girl at a club when I saw you walkin into the men's restroom (or bathroom WTF why can't we decided on a name for the place were u pee and take dumps)  almost insticktivly I told my girl friend I had to take a huge leak. "you know usaly men use this room" I smirk at you, "whos to say Im not a man" you joke back (I hope it was a joke) "I don't realy care"  I tell you as you fall to your knees and became a bobble head with my huge c**k. Yuor yellow T-shirt seemed so dinggie under the lights, suddenly a door opened It was your husband he wore a blank white T-shirt "you want some of this" I asked him. little know to me he was in the woman's restroom (or bathroom)  with my girl sooooo. I drowned her in our bathroom and farted but I put bath beads in there so it wasn't as bad but never the less the police found her breathless put me in jail were I droped the soap and got a long black c**k in my senstive white a*s
[reply] [quote]

Tate

14 Years Ago

I am a poet by nature. Compelled through a life time of experience to give voice to our existence. To honor the struggle. Not the reward. Hopefully to see something of note. The reason why we were born. To look for our place in this universe. Pointing to the sign posts up ahead. Leaving bread crumbs for others to follow. In the hopes that we can be remembered as special. That we might just be fondly remembered by our children and our children' s children!
I believe poetry should flow from the heart to the soul. Reminding in its nature the melodies of rhythm and song.
Not to be the constant ticking of the metronome.
Tate
Childhood:
Softened by Times consummate plush,
How sleek the woe appears
That threatened childhoods citadel
And undermined the years!
Bisected now by bleaker griefs,
We envy the despair
That devastated childhoods realm,
So easy to repair.

Emily Dickinson
[reply] [quote]

yes please!! :D

14 Years Ago

i would be very greatful for a review of any kind :)
[reply] [quote]

My Addition

14 Years Ago

I received the call about the wreck around 1:00pm and rushed to the hospital where Johnny lay in a comma, battered and suffering from extensive brain damage. 
[reply] [quote]

Re:

14 Years Ago

At first the two groups lived in harmony but suddenly hatred began to arise.
[reply] [quote]

thank you

14 Years Ago

well thank you for that say i really tuned in to god" thank you for joining this group as well
[reply] [quote]

Yuppers

14 Years Ago

All done and read and reviewed. :)
[reply] [quote]

hi

14 Years Ago

I think that all surgery is scary, but I am sure things will go well for you. We will
pray for you...Also my aunt had stomach surgery at 75 and she did really well.
(lived to 95 & no more stomach problems)
Anyway, big hugs and love to you!!!
[reply] [quote]

Mature

14 Years Ago

Also, the list for the next mature game is up. Please take a look <3
[reply] [quote]

Prayers

14 Years Ago

May god grant you safety and good health.
We will be praying for you not just to go through it safetly but also to come back here write again and inspire us forever more!

With Love,
Belial
[reply] [quote]

Darn repost

14 Years Ago

Charlie panted. He couldn't help it. His lungs felt like fire belched from his very soul the speed he ran. His pistol clicked sadly - no more ammo. His only weapon was a splintered rod.

"HQ, where's that signal coming from?" he said into the collar of his shirt.

"Still no locations. Sorry Charlie," said the lovely female secretary voice. He couldn't stay mad at such a velvet tone for long.

He was tired of running. Charlie spotted a pharmacy and took shelter behind the brick column.

"I have it," she said. "The MediaCom tower. Someone is in there. Look for a lounge or cafeteria - somewhere with a cellphone block."
[reply] [quote]

thank you :)

14 Years Ago

thank you for the reply to my post and i think it would be a great idea too if i could get everyone to review the winners work and not have thousands of entries everytime i posted up a contest...we'll see what i can do :)
[reply] [quote]

:)

14 Years Ago

ha yea i took that into consideration...im not forcing anyone to always review the winners writing but i just feel like whenever u can u should because if it was ur writing u would want the same thing too...as long as part of the group reviews then im sure the winner will be happy :)
[reply] [quote]

how do u post a link?

14 Years Ago

Hi Taylor. Great Game! Thanks! But....how do you post a link? And, shouldn't we be picking four numbers, not three?