Role Play : Forum : Fantasy World

Re: Fantasy World

11 Years Ago

maenor: i enter the clearing and throw my weapons assign tiredly before I strip off my bloody shirt and throw it into the pan of water next to my stuff. my pants were dirty also but I decided to keep those on because of the female company that was still awake, "you should be asleep," I tell Elvira as I turn to the fire to warm up a bit, "this place is very safe. I assure you."

11 Years Ago

I herded the elves I had gathered twards the others, finding the way easily. Like I had thought, they were easy to track. I realized where they were headed and felt a moment of panic *They're headed towards the village, or, at least they were.* I did a bit of fast calculating; they were about a day ahead of us, going about as fast as us. *They're already there.* I realized. *I hope Elvira and Faeron are ok.* I thought absently until an alarming thought intruded. *Elvira and Faeron! How are they coping with being back there? Oh, please let them be ok!* "Come on, we're catching up, just a little longer, then we'll stop for a rest." I noticed a certain stubborn little girl who had staggled in amung the last to come, trailing a bloodied leg, who was stumbling more than usual. "Chief!" I called to the man who had been the first to arrive "Keep 'em going for a while more, I'll catch up!" He gave me a quick salute and took the lead. I turned and walked to the girl "How's the leg holding up?" She shot me a look and straitened up, face pale. "Great, lets get going, don't want to lose them." she said, swaying slightly. I knelt down, back to her "Climb on, and no buts." "Fine, if it'll stop you from bugging me bout it, I'm ok, really." After making sure she was settled, I resumed walking. After a few strides, she was asleep.

11 Years Ago

Elvira- I look at him. "I'm pretty sure it is safe. But I still need to look after him. I'm all he has left. And he's all I have. So I'll protect him no matter what."

11 Years Ago

maenor: I chuckle, "well you can rest," I say, "don't worry I'll keep first watch."

11 Years Ago

The next morning I convinced the girl, Kinrye, to let me look at her leg. Like I had thought, she was in no condition to walk, and I myself was in no condition to heal it. "Looks like another day on piggy-back for you." I stated as she hopped on "Are we gonna catch up with the other group anytime soon?" she asked "I hope so," I replied "we sure could use the help, I don't even know where Haven is, to tell the truth." I heard her sigh with impatience "Who knows," I began as I shifted her wheight, being careful not to jar her leg "when we get there we may have time to create a temporary stetcher for you to sit on while we travel." I felt her shake her head "No way, I don't want to seem weak. Why don't we just make a crutch instead?" I laughed "It wouldn't seem weak, actually, it would make you look quite strong, just like Maseneaile." "Mas-en-e-aile?" she asked, sounding out the name "Who's that?" "A strong warrior-maiden, do you want to hear about her?" I felt her nod "Ok, here goes. Along time ago, in a land not far away, really close to here, actually, lived the warrior-maiden Maseneaile." For over an hour I spun the tale. About half-way through, Kinrye inturupted "Whats that, over there?" I looked to where she pointed "Smoke, about a half-days walk from here. I'll go check it out." I turned to my second-in-command "Chief, make camp here, I'm going on a scouting expedition." I put Kinrye down and began a swift run that would cut the travel time into a fourth of it's usual time. A few feet from the mystery camp I called out "Hello the camp, anyone there?"

11 Years Ago

Faeron- I crack open my eye some and watch them after waking up from hearing them talk.----Elvira- I lift an eyebrow. "Well if your sure then I'll go asleep. But when you want to sleep, then wake me up and I'll take over." I say then lay down and soon fall asleep.---Faeron- I go back to sleep after Elvira does.

11 Years Ago

maeron: i nod then look inthe direction of the voice I heard, "your te one witha hero complex," I comment seeing the fairy girl, "finally come have you?"

11 Years Ago

I took a deep breath, I didn't know why, but this guy kinda got on my nerves. "Whatever, there's more of the village who've been traveling with me for a few days. We've been trying to find ya'll, we have many injured, some worse than others. I hate to say it, but we need your help." I took a step farther into their camp and heldd out my hand "Truce?"

11 Years Ago

Maenor: I stand but make no move to shake her hand, "for someone with a hero complex you sure do act a lot like one," I comment looking her over, "we'll see about the truce after we've seen your wounded." I go to Elvira and wake her, "keep watch while I'm out." I say grabbing my bow and follow the fairy out of the clearing.

11 Years Ago

"Almost there." I said "One of the worst is Kinrye, she can't walk due to her leg. Another has a gash running from his collarbone to a little over halfway down his torso, it's pretty deep, but I've seen worse." I ducked under a branch and continued "Those are just two. I can heal, both magically and traditionally. I've done my best, but at the pace we've been going, I've not had the time nor the energy to do so, except for minor injuries." I took a fortifying breath *Here comes the hard part,* I thought *putting aside my pride and asking for help* "We were hopeing to join your group, many of the people I've been traveling with have family or friends they think may be traveling with you. Please think about it, and If you don't want me traveling with you, fine, I can take care of myself, but don't let that stop you from helping them out." I leaped over a log. "We're here." I said before he had a chance to respond "Welcome to our camp." I raised my voice to a yell "Chief! I'm back, and with company!"

11 Years Ago

Faeron- "Elvira, where are they going?" I asked waking up again.----Elvira- "It was Breeze. She has her own group of elves traveling with her and many are injured. Maenor went to help them." I said looking at him. Then I realize that he wants to help. "I know you do have a part of your power that can heal fastly, but they're already gone. You can't go by yourself and I can't go with you because I have to stay here and look after our group. I'm sorry Faeron." I say.

11 Years Ago

Maenor: I sigh when I see the group, "right," I say nodding my head as I step forward to look over the injured, "your the injured one?" I ask smiling kindly at the little elf, "mind if I take a look, sweetheart?" She blushes and nods as I shift her leg to look over her injury. I smile, " not to bad," I say, "stay here, I'll be back and then we'll see to it that your all fixed up!" I shift over an look at the other injured elf, "can you walk?" I say, "I have medical herbs back at my camp. Hey, you... Yeah... Help him up. We have food and safety but first we need to get there. Can everyone manage?" I look around then head back to the little elf and smile, "common sweetie," I say picking her up, "we're gonna get you to safety Kay?" I smile at her and look bak at the fairy, "ready?"

11 Years Ago

"Yeah." I say, worried, Kinrye's face was paling *Could her leg have become infected?* I wondered "What can I do to help right now?" I say as I walk over to him and Kinrye "Hold still." I tell him as I reach out to feel Kinrye's forehead "She's burning up, she wasn't this morning, we have to get her there fast." I look up into his face "I can run faster than you, and I can help her cool down along the way, do you mind if I carry her? Time is of the essence."

11 Years Ago

Maenor: I half grin, "Infections  huh?" I ask laying the little elf down, "Hold on then," I pull a little bottle from my pocket and drop two little pills into my hand, "Here." I hand then to the girl and then pick her up and place her in the fairy's hands, "They will stop infection. I was meaning to get some more from Luna because... well seeing as she needs them more it'll be fine." I put the empty bottle back in my pocket. "When you get to the camp find my horse." I say, "I have herbs from Luna that will work better then any magic or healing powers. Give her the herbs in the blue bag then spread the cream in the green tin over her injury. Set her up by a fire, we need her fever to break before we can travel again. I should be there shortly after you." I look over the fairy, "My the goddess guide you." I say, "This little ones going to need it." I touch the little elf's fore head and smile, "Stay strong little warrior." I say.

11 Years Ago

Elvira- I was watching over everyone when I heard a noise from the woods. "Someone's coming." I say. I lay my hand on the grass. It would tell me who it was. "It's Breeze." I say smiling. But it was her alone. Where was Maenor and the other group?-----Faeron- "Breeze!" I say smiling. Then I see the injured elf. "Hey can I help you Breeze?" I say, worried.

11 Years Ago

I was tired from running and doing magic at the same time. I had called the wind to continually breeze past and cool her forehead. I was glad when I finished the last few lenths to the camp. "Elvira! Yes. I need something cool for her forehead and a lot of blankets." Kinrye's body was hot and sweaty in my arms, her eyes bright and unfocused, the fever had set in. She began to shift about, soon she would be writhing with delerium, we have to act fast. I lay her down near the fire. "Faeron, your job is to make sure she doesn't roll into the fire, ok?" I call over my shoulder as I run for the saddlebags. the horse shied away but I grabbed it's reins and calmed it down by muttering a few ancient words, draining, but effective. I reached inside the bags and found what I was looking for. I ran back to Kinrye and followed the directions I had been given. As I was applying the salve, delerium kicked in. Kinrye thrashed around, screaming. I grabbed her shoulders "Kinrye! It's me, it's Breeze. You're safe!" I repeated this as I finished dressing and bandaging her leg, giving her something to hold on to, something to reassure her. "Elvira, I need you and Faeron to go and get a couple of big rocks and set them in the fire, quickly. We're going to have to sweat the fever out."

11 Years Ago

Elvira- "Alright. Come on Faeron." I say, but he shakes his head. "What?" I say.----Faeron- I look to Breeze then back to my sister. "You know the rocks won't work.The cut on her leg, it was caused by werewolves. If your cut by a werewolf's claw, it causes a fever and sickness. And you can't sweat out." Then I look back to Breeze. "But...I know a way that will work. I've had to do it before."---Elvira- "But it drained you. You almost died from healing the cut!"----Faeron- "But I didn't! And I saved you! And now I'm older and stronger. I can save her more easily! And I will try, whether you agree or not." I look to Breeze. "I need a mint leaf though, maybe two. There are alot in the woods. Can you get them for me?"

11 Years Ago

I knew that sweating it out wouldn't work, but I needed to be sure and try all possible remedies. I slowed my breathing and slowly but shurly slipped into a healing trance. It crossed my mind that I ought to explain to them that I wouldn't be able to respond to anything while in it...but time was of the essence. My vision changed into my healers inner eye. Colors bust into focus, bright, bold lines and defined shapes and tones bomborded me. To them I would be seated cross-legged on the ground, hands on knees, eyes closed, and completely unresponsive. Yet to me, I would be walking around, doing so many things, seeing so many things, healing the whole time, both physically and mentally. I looked to Kinrye's leg. Her life points surged with a bright golden flow, until it came to the injured leg. It was dark and choked by a writhing, reddish-black sickness. It had already begun to spread, snakeing past her leg and into her life-flow, staining it. I would need alot of power to fix this. I reached down inside myself and grabbed at a very light golden strand. I wrapped it around the top of the leg, creating a barrier against the sickness before it could get to the rest of the body more than it had so far. I reached inside me again and reached for more strands of power, but they were brighter, more powerful. I watched as the sickness shrank back the slightest bit where I placed the strand. As the golden light sank into her leg, dispelling the microscopic bit of Darc Magick sickness it could, I sighed inwardly. This was going to take a while.

11 Years Ago

Maenor: I come into the clearing as she begins her spell. "Are you stupid?" I snap pulling her out of the trance, "If I thought that would help I would have done it myself. It needs to get smaller first. That's what the herbs are for." I grumble at they three stare at me and plop down next to the girl, "really. You three are very rash. I've dealt with wounds just as bad and worse then this." I pull the elf onto my lap and scoot by the fire, grab a blanket and wrap it around us, "You need to first sweat the fever out that is caused naturally when you get a wound like this." I say calmly, "Once it's gone you'll be able to use magic to pull the rest out. If you don't do it in this order you'll drain yourself just trying to heal. Which could be life threatening. It's very dangerous to handle thing like this rashly." I look at the others, "You need to thoroughly understand it."

11 Years Ago

Elvira- I watched Maenor, then look to Faeron. I know all he wanted to do was to help, but being so young he needed to understand like Maenor was saying.---Faeron- I watch, trying to learn. Had I really been wrong in wanting to help her in the way I had wanted to?