The Dragon Riders : Forum : The Ruins

Re: The Ruins

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I jut my hand out towards the Temple doors and they slam shut, my magic binding every exit from anyone leaving. " You cannot leave."

9 Years Ago

Adrian: " And why is that?" I ask turning to face her.

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I enter the temple cautiously, looking around and peering into the shadows to make sure there is nothing that can easily ambush us. Then I see glittering golden eyes near the back of the temple's ground floor and place my hand, palm side, against Adrian's chest gently to stop him and, with my eyes only, indicate the spot where the eyes had been a moment before. I lay one hand on the hilt of my katana, popping it from the sheath as quietly as I can, but I don't draw the blade just yet. I begin to circle to the left, hoping that he'll circle to the right. I sense Einasze come into the temple behind us and hope that the others are willing to follow

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I walk to the front of the temple and look at the Dragon Riders. " Most of you probably have not heard of the Prophecy of Dragon Riders. But I have been training for this day for my whole life! The Prophecy says that seven Dragon Riders will come together on the Eve of the Blood Moon, which is tonight. Our destiny is to bring the Kingdom of Ailican out of the darkness and into light once again."

9 Years Ago

Einasze: "Why can't we leave, Celeste?" I ask calmly, drawing my great axe and great sword slowly. "I don't wish to fight you, but I will not allow you to keep me a prisoner here."

Coat'l Attor lumbers up to my left and tilts his head back and forth and then grins. "Is this where we get to hear a good joke? I need more jokes for my trove. Anyone wanna hear a good joke?"

"Seriously?" I say, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "This is not the time for jokes, dragon!"

9 Years Ago

Adrian: " And why would we help you? As you said we don't know about this prophecy, and I'm willing to bet most of us don't care. I've worked just fine within the darkness, and I don't plan on it changing anytime soon. " 

9 Years Ago

Einasze: "Uh, Celeste, what happens if there are two extra dragon riders?"

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: " You all love your dragons right? They have been your parent, best friend and trainer your whole life. The ONLY reason your parents gave you to your Dragons was for the purpose of this Prophecy. You were all born in Ailican, and that is where all of your families are now, being tortured in the darkness of The Black Sword Riders, an evil group of Riders who wish to destroy our world."

9 Years Ago

Adrian: " Alright, suppose we agree to help you. What happens then?"

9 Years Ago

Einasze: "I never knew my parents, but considering I look the way I do, I doubt very much I was given to any dragon and, even if I had been, Coat'l and I didn't meet 'til I was thirteen after...well, it doesn't matter right now," I say.

Kasumi walks over to me and locks her eyes with mine, then nods once; emphatically.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

She stares at me coldly, slowly drawing both of her katana. "All right," I say. She walks over to Celeste and kneels in front of her, laying the blades of her katana across her open palms, almost in an offering to her.

"We'll help as best we can," I say. "But I will not be held by an oath or bound by any word to you and yours. I am free to leave when I see fit."

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I look at him with an, are you serious look. " We save our world and our families." I turn to the other boy. " Which extra riders?" I ask

I look at Kasumi and smile. " Thank you Kasumi, but your word is loyal enough. Keep your sword, you will need it."

(One of my characters isn't one of the Prophecy Riders)

9 Years Ago

Adrian: I remember Strygius saying to play along and sigh. " Alright, I'll help. Not like anything interesting way happening in my life anyway."

9 Years Ago

(Uh, folks, Einasze and Kasumi are both female. Please correct for whom is NOT a dragon rider)

Aria Mist, Adrian Crevan, Carissa, Rood Chrishi, Sweeney Lilac, Einasze, and Yuki Inu. Kasumi is just a basic blond haired human female.

9 Years Ago

Originally posted by Lodon
(Uh, folks, Einasze and Kasumi are both female. Please correct for whom is NOT a dragon rider)

Aria Mist, Adrian Crevan, Carissa, Rood Chrishi, Sweeney Lilac, Einasze, and Yuki Inu. Kasumi is just a basic blond haired human female.

I miscounted. Oops!

9 Years Ago

Adalric: "I will not allow Carissa to be part of the war." I say firmly "I know the prophesy full well and know people will die. I will not risk her being one of them."

9 Years Ago

(Just roll with it! That's what I do in D&D and Pathfinder)

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: The other riders nod in agreement and I smile. " Terrific. Get some sleep, we leave in the morning." I turn around then stop. " Oh, and don't try to escape Adrian. Even your magic cannot overpower my own. I am a Celestial Rider after all." With saying that, the torches blow out and we're left in the darkness to sleep.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: "Adalric, you might not have a choice in the matter. War tends to sweep away or make part of itself anyone it sees fit to draw into its maw. The only way to keep her out of it is to bring her to another world, which I don't know if that is possible," I say.

9 Years Ago

Ethereal: I become my usual size and look at Aldaric. " Aldaric, follow me outside." I tell him.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: " Figures." I say melting into the shadows. " I'm going to put up a barrier"