The Dragon Riders : Forum : The Ruins

Re: The Ruins

9 Years Ago

Einasze: I close my eyes and concentrate, and feel myself pulled towards a wall. Suddenly I sort of bounce off it, and glare at the wall, rubbing my forehead painfully with a clawed hand. "Owww....." I swear under my breath bad enough to make even the most foul mouthed amongst us look at me wide eyed in shock at such language.

"I hate anti-magic fields!" I mutter sullenly as Coat'l breaks out laughing hysterically. I summon a small ball of black and violet flames in my hands, after sheathing my weapons, and strike him with it, hard right on the center of his snout. He looks dazed a moment, but merely giggles softly as he moves off and tucks a head under a wing.

9 Years Ago

Adalric: "Stay put, youngling." I tell Carissa before following her outside

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I sheath my katana and pull the knapsack from my back, then slowly pass out the contents to the others.

9 Years Ago

Ethereal: I gaze up at the moon then look to Adlaric. " Adlaric, you know this is our duty. We must save the Kingdom and defeat the evil Riders and Dragons."

(Sorry if I keep misspelling his name.)

9 Years Ago

Einasze: I gratefully accept Kasumi's gift of the food and eat quietly, alone in a corner of the room, then I flap my wings hard and fly into the rafters of the temple. I look around them for a few moments and finally find a secluded place where I sigh, stretch, unsheath my weapons and lay down on the thick, heavy beams. A few moments later, I fall into a terror-filled sleep.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: I hold my hand up refusing the food Kasumi was offering. " I'm fasting at the moment." I say then begin chanting . The room begins to glow and a dome appears around us. I would need to continuously chant to keep the barrier up. Good thing I was used to this.

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I sat in the other room going over the map when I notice another dome appear. I chuckle to myself. " That man is foolish. He'll be out of energy before midnight if he keeps this up."

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I nod in understanding, then look around for Einasze, my mouth a thin white line of concern. I glance overhead and see her shadowy form in the darkest reaches of the rafters. I quietly pull my rope belt from my waist and scale the nearest column, then traverse my way through the rafters. As I approach her, I sense she's entered another terror filled dream and kneel next to her as best I can, squeezing her hand gently in my own just to let her know she isn't alone.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: Strygius appears from the darkness and coils himself around me. Without breaking my chant I give a questioning look. " I need a physical form to devour them. In their sleep is the best time." He mutters to me I nod and return my focus.

9 Years Ago

(I have to go. We'll pause here and continue Thursday.)

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: several hours go by without me ever leaving Einasze's side or letting go of her hand. Her eyes twitch and she softly moans in fear as she walks through the land of dreams. Finally, I decide that she has been there long enough, and gently try to awaken her.

Einasze: I snarl as I come almost instantly awake, grabbing my great sword and swinging it as hard as I can at the neck of the person next to me, screaming: "Krivaan! Nuksliin! Si geou svent wux!" I stop just before the blade cleaves Kasumi's head from her shoulders, staring at her with wide, frightened eyes, then pull her into my chest and hug her tightly, whispering my apology. She pulls away after a moment and smiles, shrugging.

9 Years Ago

Adalric: "She is just a child."

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I quietly stand and drop down to the floor of the temple, landing in a kneeling position. Then I slowly stand up and sigh, a small grin playing on the corners of my mouth. I glance overhead briefly and see Einasze open her wings and float back to the floor. I watch her carefully for a moment, then move off into a corner of the room where I kneel down and fold my legs underneath me, close my eyes, and relax my breathing even more. My katana poke into my left hip painfully, but I ignore it. The pain does not exist in my mind for me. I remain seated on the floor with my eyes closed and locked within the grip of the mediation until the rest of my new friends are ready to depart. Flashes of searing pain rip through the muscles in the back of my left shoulder, but I try to push it away and re-clear my mind. I am barely aware of Einasze's clawed hand gripping my shoulder gently, then it leaves and she is gone. I feel as if I am suffocating and I am bitterly cold, but I am unable to move. Vaguely, the sound of running water fills my ears and bright sunlight pierces my emerald eyes. I whisper a name upon the parched and cracked lips of my mouth as a violet skinned girl's face swims into view. She has glowing liquid golden eyes and small horns sprouting from her forehead. Powerful bat-like wings are draped over her shoulders like a cape of flesh and she is wearing glittering violet silvery armor. Clutched in one hand is a massive sword, attached to her back is an equally impressive great axe. A midnight black dragon smiles at me from over her shoulder as darkness descends across my eyes. I wake from the mediation with a start, glancing around fervently, my hand instinctively going to the hilt of my katana, popping the blade from it's sheath, but I refrain from drawing the weapon. I grin to myself sheepishly, and return to my own thoughts as I again close my eyes and attempt to clear my mind.

9 Years Ago

Strygius: I smile as my attempt to scare Kasumi worked. As she reenters meditation I once again enter her mind. This time corrupting to scenery to match her worst memory. 

9 Years Ago

Einasze: I walk back over to Kasumi and lay my hand again on her shoulder, squeezing it gently. She seems to wince under my tender touch and I look around, then draw my great sword and great axe, my eyes becoming enveloped in black and violet flames as my rage flares deep within my heart. I walk over to the darkest of the shadows, glaring at them and snarl, "Let her go, beast, or I'll gladly cleave your grinning pate from your neck!"

Coat'l Attor looks up from where he roots and rolls his eyes, glaring at both of us.

Coat'l: "Styrgies, please, leave the girl alone. I know you want to help her, but right now this is something she must face on her own or she'll never know if she has the courage enough to deal with it."

Einasze: I turn to Coat'l, fixing him with a hard, angry glare. "This isn't some kind of joke, dragon! He's hurting my friend and I won't stand--"

Coat'l: "Yes, you most certainly will, child! Put away your weapons and sit down! You aren't strong enough to face a shadow dragon in his own world yet, so hold your fiery tongue before you piss him off!"

Einasze: I quake in rage for a moment more, then reluctantly sheath my weapons again and return to Kasumi's side, kneel next to her and take her hands in my own, closing my eyes and concentrate on her, just to let her know that I am here for her.

9 Years Ago

(sorry I keep misspelling his name. My auto-correct keeps screwing up on me and I don't know how to turn the darned thing off.)

9 Years Ago

( Your fine)
Strygius: " Who said anything about helping the child? I'm preparing my dinner. By forcing her worst memory to come forth all her anger and fear come forth." I say with a smile. I appear behind Kasumi   open my mouth. Darkness rolls off of her and I consume her memory. " Delicious, Thank you for the meal." I say before reappearing beside Adrian. " And you should listen to your dragon half-ling. You can't beat me in darkness, and your friend is much stronger than you give her credit for."

Adrian: I stop my chant exhausted and fall asleep on Strygius' side. 

9 Years Ago

Rood: I watch the scene with a certain amusement, and I feel Brisingr smirking along with me. I look at Styrgius before letting my magic dig a hole and create a small spring. We needed water, and creating elements out of nothing was very tiring.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: I feel Kasumi stirring from her meditation, then she gently squeezes my hands and stands, walking over to Strygius and tenderly scratches him under the jaw, near the hinge. After a few moments of "petting" him, she returns my side and whisper into her ear. "Did he hurt you?"

Kasumi glances back at the shadow dragon, then looks me in the eyes coldly. She shrugs and walks away. I roll my eyes at her silence, slightly annoyed.

Kasumi: In the shadows of the temple, I go over once more the memory that Stryguis managed to dig up. I had hoped I had been strong enough to withhold it from him, and I feel anger burning like a small coal in the back of my heart, but not for him. I feel the rage at myself for the weakness I displayed. I withdraw both of my katana and find a relatively comfortable spot in the temple to sit down. I begin to slowly sharpen the blades and inspect them for any sign of damage.

9 Years Ago

Strygius: " Don't worry Half-ling. I'll come for your most painful memory later. Her's was filling enough for now."  I say with a smirk.