The Dragon Riders : Forum : The Ruins

Re: The Ruins

9 Years Ago

Rood: I was bored. Brisingr was bored, and we didn't know what to do so we walked around the forest, until we heard the sound of metal. We walked to the source an out into a clearing where that one girl... Kasumi was her name if I remembered correctly, was inspecting her swords. I had seen katana on one of my travels before and she looked like she could fight, so I walked into the clearing and asked: "Will you have a spar with me? Don't want to get rusty."

9 Years Ago

Einasze: My eyes flare with sudden violet and black flames and I snarl at him, drawing my great sword. "My memories, dark and light, are mine and mine alone, beast! I need them as much as any other creature might need air to breathe!"

Coat'l Attor gets up and slams his massive tail between us, hard. It makes a thunderous clap against the stone, rocking the temple to its foundations slightly. "THAT IS ENOUGH!" he bellows. "Einasze, stop challenging the shadow dragon or I'll simply stand by next time and let you walk to your death! You are not ready to challenge the like of him!"

Then, in a softer voice, "Come, child. Kasumi needs time to herself to collect her thoughts and you need to eat and rest. It'll be all right. I doubt very much that Stryguis will harm the girl. They seem to have some sort of connection between the two of them. I seriously doubt he'd be willing to let her pet him like she does if they did not share any kind of connection and she seems to have wanted him to help her deal with her pain, because whatever it was must have been slowly killing her. He may have saved her life and gotten a meal out of it for his trouble. Now sit down, shut up, and let the rest of us sleep!"

Kasumi: I ignore the argument between Einasze and the shadow dragon utterly, lost in thought. Finally finished with inspecting and sharpening my weapons, I sheath them and move to the farthest corner of the temple away from everyone else, where I lay on the floor and curl into a tight ball, allowing myself a few hours of restless sleep.

Einasze: I glare angrily at Stryguis and Coat'l, then try my best to calm down, and sheath my sword again. I stalk angrily away from everyone, swearing vehemently under my breath in such language that even the most foul mouthed of us glances at me, shocked.

Coat'l: "I apologize for my companion's behavior, Stryguis. Her family was butchered three years ago and we've been hunting down the man that was responsible ever since. Sometimes, I think that girl has a death wish, considering how recklessly she charges into battle with anyone around her. I'll do my best to control her, but I cannot promise that I will be able to. Teenagers can be, well, vexing at times." I roll my eyes and lumber back to my rooting place, tucking my head back under my wing and try to sleep.

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I look Rood, if I remembered his name correctly, directly in the eyes a brief moment, then bow to him from the waist, my hands clasped tightly at my sides. I take a fluid battle stance and wait, but my katana remain in their sheaths.

9 Years Ago

Strygius: " I understand. Adrian was the same way when he was younger....... The Half-ling needs to learn temperance before it gets her killed." I tell him then melt into the shadows and appear in front of the half-ling in the form of the man who ordered her family's death. " This is the man you seen is it not?" I say with a smile. " Come and face me, Exact your revenge while your dragon can't stop you, or maybe I'll just have your dragon killed this time." I say laughing while I use his voice.

9 Years Ago

Rood: She doesn't take out her katanas which sort of made me feel hurt, considering that it might mean that she doesn't think that I am a threat, but I bow in gratitude before taking a fighting stance and say a line: "My name is Rood, let my magic be unbound." I felt the magic change around me and it was sucked in by my body. I love this feeling of sucking in surrounding magic.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: My eyes instantly flare with the deepest obsidian fire and it crackles like lightning across my body, sparkling to life in flaming balls on my palms, which I throw at him as I charge forward, swinging my greatsword and great axe at his neck and midriff, respectively and screaming like a dying banshee in utter rage. I miss with the sword, but smile thinly as I feel the blade of the axe connect, biting deep into the flesh. I wrench it free, then slam the butt of my axe into his face, shattering his nose. Blood gushes from the wounds, staining my armor crimson. It only fuels my rage even more. I fly into the air, circle and come back, bellowing hollowly, as I bring my sword to bear against his helmeted head, the impact sending a massive shock wave of energy through the temple, ripping apart columns and the floor and throwing everyone else backwards as the thunderclap of the collapsing air deafens everyone. I stand in the center of the destruction and point the tip of the blade of my sword at his throat and say, snarling at him, "Ahrk nu hi dir!"

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I watch silently, waiting. I find myself momentarily wishing I could tell him with my voice that I am honored to learn from him. I can sense he is powerful with magic, but my code of behavior prevents me from drawing blade against anyone that does not hold a weapon in their hands. I push the regret away and slowly circle him, still waiting.

9 Years Ago

Strygius: I laugh as I reform into the shape of that man. " You'll have to try harder than that to kill me." I say as the darkness wraps around her like a cloth. She struggles but I tighten it and send spears through her restraint. It would hurt but not kill her. " Come now. Show me more." I say with a smile.

9 Years Ago

Rood: I suddenly remember a code the people carrying katanas live by, and it explains the situation a bit. I materialize my two strongest magic swords, darkness ice and fire light. One being ominously dark and the other brightly light.

9 Years Ago

Kasumi: I glance back at the temple, then return my gaze back to Rood. I hear Einasze scream in pain and my face darkens with rage. I make a hasty bow to Rood and run back towards the temple, hoping he'll follow. I draw my katana as I re-enter the temple and dash over to Einasze as she is shaking her head to clear it of the pain, glaring at Stryguis. Without even waiting for a reply, I bring my weapons to bear on the beast, slicing downward and cutting to the left with the other katana. Spinning on the ball of my foot, I kick him painfully in the jaw, knocking him to the floor, then I place the blades of my weapons against his throat in an, "X" and lock eyes with him, quaking with rage. Behind me, I sense Einasze rise to her feet, spitting out blood.

Einasze: "Back off, Kasumi! He's mine! The b*****d murdered my family and I swore to them I'd have vengeance!"

Kasumi suddenly turns and glares at me, raising her katana almost as if she's defending the man on the ground. I look at her, both crushed and hurt. "Get out of the way, Kasumi!"

But she refuses to move.

9 Years Ago

Coat'l: Grumbling, I slowly wake up and yawn, then look around in horror at the destruction around me. I glare at Einasze and get up, but before I can stop anything else from falling apart, I hear the girl screech and see her charge Kasumi, swinging her sword and axe at her.

9 Years Ago

Stygius: I use the shadows to push Kasumi away. " I've no qualms with you Kasumi. In fact I like you." I say as the darkness heals my wounds. " But if your friend can't even tell the difference between what's real and not she's going to need a lot of work." I say as the searing pain of Adrian's power begins to work.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: I feel a soft tear escape my right eye, but I swallow back the pain of what must happen and charge forward, screaming, as I swing my weapons at Kasumi. She backflips, landing a hard toe against my jaw, knocking my backward. I stumble a moment and she surges forward, swinging her katana. I block and parry her blows and land a heavy fist against her jaw, snapping her head back hard. But she ignores the pain and plants a firm kick to the midsection, knocking the breath from my lungs. She flips over me, kicks me in the back of the right knee and knocks my axe from my hand, twisting it behind my back painfully. I growl at her, then elbow her in the nose, twist around, grab her head and slam my knee into her face as hard as I can several times, then flip her onto her back. I drop like a rock onto her chest, jabbing her with my elbow in her ribs. She plants a firm punch into my temple and then flips back to her feet, wiping the blood from the corner of her mouth. We face each other with rage burning in our eyes as she grips her katana tightly in her hands, ready to attack again.

9 Years Ago

(okay, I seriously need a faster internet connection!)

9 Years Ago

Adrian: " Stygius, I hope this meal was worth the trouble."

Strygius: " Oh yes, it's a first rate one." I say appearing next to them.

Adrian: " Have you had your fill of their misery? He nods and stops eating. I take off my prayer beads and hold them around my hands as I start a chant. Right as the two were about to start fighting again two isolated barriers surround them and they crash into thier respective barriers. " That's enough you two."

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: When I enter the main Temple room I see everyone is awake. " Is everyone prepared to leave?" I ask

Ethereal: " She will die either way. At least this way she can die with honour."

9 Years Ago

(Let me just correct this) Rood: I jump in between the two fighters, blocking their attacks and say: "Both of you, calm down. The world isn't there to be full of vengeance and rage. And how does one fall so easily for illusions?"

9 Years Ago

( Just a little faster)
Adrian: " As soon as those two calm down." I tell her concentrating on the barriers.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: "COME BACK AND FIGHT, YOU BLOODY COWARD!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Kasumi steps right in front of me, her eyes locking with mine, rage still burns in her own eyes, but she slowly sheaths her weapons and stands rigid in front of me. I glare at her, then stalk away from everyone into the shadows as tears slowly cross my cheeks and memories of blood and flames flood my mind.

Coat'l: I lay a giant paw on Kasumi's shoulder gently and nod to her. "Einasze has much to learn, but her need for vengeance is going to get her killed, though right now, I doubt she cares. I can't imagine what she's been through, seeing her family butchered as they were. Come, let me heal your injuries and, when she's ready, I'll heal the girl, too."

Kasumi nods and moves off with me slowly, her back straight and staring straight ahead of herself. As she passes Adrian, she offers him only a frozen stare for a brief moment, then walks away.

9 Years Ago

Rood: I look at Adrian gratefully when the barriers appear and say to him: "You need to keep your dragon under control, illusions of his caller can't affect me, but apparently others pretty easily."