Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E

Black as coal eyes peered in the darkness, the only sounds was the crackling of a dying fire and the only smell was of blood that scared even the slimmest of animals away from the campsite. The tears of a weeping child could be heard yet no sounds came from her quivering lips. She hit the grass with her hands, running her hand through it as though the damp due would clean her of her sins; it didn’t. She stood there with her head low, her hands shaking as she looked down at them, covered with blood, dirt, and grass she pulled from the ground.

 

She could almost feel the claws with sharp nail like fingers stabbing into her right shoulder going down slowly past her long black hair, stopping right before her hips. When she had first felt this feeling of this invisible claw it had caused her to jump and then become frozen in pain, her head yanked upwards and she let out a silent cry.

 

In the back of her mind, she knew it was nothing, but her nerves and body felt on fire as if bleeding out completely. This happened excessively, a pain that caused her to snap, even if it was nothing to everyone else. She knew it was real, that this pain and force that she was put through every night was real.

 

There was no sadistic smile, no happiness, just tears. "Why, do I do this...?" a voice like a whisper escaped her lips. The answer quickly came as it always did in the voice of a muffled demonic voice that seemed to beat against her ribs and her head. It took control of her as many other mentally illnesses did; the only problem was she knew it, and she knew she wasn’t insane, no her demon was real. She has always heard the scratching laugh of happiness in her head as the blood dripped from her black hair, cloths, and arms to the camp grass and it would all be gone by morning.

 

Finally, her hand let go of the slippery, blood-covered blade she had been holding in her shaking hand. She felt almost blind for the first time since she stopped her obsessive killing for the night. The happy family of four she had killed laying in their tents, dead, it would take days before someone cared enough to see what happened, the family a mother, father and their two young children, both boys. After Carving into the mother’s swelling stomach, she had found that another child was on the way.

 

Did she feel bad, yes, but like that mattered. She knew in the morning, after cleaning up in the nearby fishing hole she would feel much better, all reminders of it buried and gone. The only thing she would have would be the knife, the weapon for the entire blood spill she had caused in the past eleven years.

 

She left the small square camp, walking down the dirt trail, her eyes to a clear star filled sky, though no smile came to her face. Still she walked as though nothing had happened. The pain and voice in her head mellowed as it got its bite to eat and its need to see blood and death and dread. She made her way through the forest to the water, pulling off the blood stained cloths she thought nothing of it as she stared with wide eyes at the water. Cold and numb; like her body already was, she did not hesitate as she walked further in the lake, washing away the blood.



© 2014 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i can't wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago


The intro works, but as it's a prologue, and prologue's are mysterious, I wonder what happens next, and not much has happened. Nice description so I can visualise the scene.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very awesome start to this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a stunning beginning. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A powerful beginning to the story. You made me want to read more. To know the What, who. why, where and how? The story was very dark and cold. I like the feel and emotion of this story so far. A excellent beginning.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I strike out... Twice this box has ate my review. Wonder if it is trying to tell me something, well try once more. I thought this piece shows a lot of growth and a maturing writer. The wording and placement in theme is consice and no wasted words in paragraph structure. No question about the jaundra here, this prolouge... does its job. It requires the reader to move on and entices them, to turn the page. Learn more, about this demented character. Why has she murdered for eleven years... what's her story.
GREAT work Ashely, proud of you!

This shows that you worked very hard and this read shows... pro polish.
Write On / Right On! Ro...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ahhh. her beginning, I am sad that I read this out of order. But if you like this sort of theme, read my Shadow's Dance - it has a very similar motif.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow,. seems to e a intriguing prolouge! Usually I would't read something so..."dark" as this, but i feel like I should read on. Great imagery btw!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome job on the visuals, this is great for this time of year. Great start!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2014


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..