First Day

First Day

A Story by louanimal
"

This is soo cheesy.

"

     I don't know how so many people fit in that elevator, but after getting off a twelve hour shift, I just wanted to get out of there.  I could barely hear the melodious tune dancing from the speaker above me over the voice shouting from my phone.

   "I still don't know what Dr. Hart was thinking with that stunt he pulled today," my coworker ranted. "He's such an a*s."  Allison always had someone to complain about.

 

     The elevator slowed again and even more people crowded in.  I could feel the frustration bubbling inside my gut as i backed into the corner to keep the large man in front of me from stepping on my toes. His sweat-stained back completely blocked my vision, and I had no idea how I would be able to get off three floors up. 

 

    "You're just mad because he never called you back after the other night,"  I said into my phone.  The sweaty man turned and gave me a look, double-checking that I wasn't talking to him.  I didn't have the energy to gesture back.  

      As we went up to the next floor I listened to Allison complain about the guys she's been through.  It took every ounce of willpower I had not to let my legs give out from under me.  Thankfully a few people got off at the next floor, and I had enough room to breathe again.

   "Do I come on too strong?"  Allison asked as the doors closed and entrapped me one final time. I still didn't know how I was going to make it to the front of the elevator to get off on the next floor. 
    "Guys just don't appreciate women anymore," I replied.  I knew that wasn't true, and that she actually did come on too strong, but I wasn't about to upset her further.

        Finally, the doors opened and almost everyone got out.  I was glad I didn't have to push or shove to get onto my floor. I started walking down the hallway to my apartment.

   "Don't worry about--" I continued to console Allison, but stopped when I felt someone tap my shoulder.  I turned quickly to find myself entranced by blue eyes.  
   "Don't worry about wha--"  Allison started. I shut my phone to end the call and give my attention to the blue-eyed man in front of me.

   "You left this in the elevator," he said with a smile. He held out my duffle bag. "And I am offended."  I took the bag. His comment confused me and the look on my face showed it because he clarified.

 "I do too appreciate women."  I laughed, even though I didn't think it was possible at that point. 

 

And that was when I fell in love with you.

© 2012 louanimal


Author's Note

louanimal
First attempt at a story. I apologize for being a sap.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't.

You owe none.

As my Grandfather used to say, "Be alert. The world needs more lerts."

I say Sap away.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012

Author

louanimal
louanimal

Scranton, PA



About
I am a very science and math based individual; however, i have been writing since I can remember. I do not share my writing many people so this is all sort of new to me. And I'm on way to becoming a d.. more..

Writing
I Do I Do

A Poem by louanimal