Completion

Completion

A Chapter by 404Random

When I walked inside, Scarlet was sitting at a table sifting through some papers. I looked at them and saw that they were requests for jobs.

“Yes, I know that this is Danny’s job,” Scarlet said before I could say anything. “But he said that he and Kenny are going to be gone for a while, so I’m taking over his job for a little bit.”

“Found anything interesting yet?” I asked her.

“There’s actually a job for Dragonside,” Scarlet said. I raised my eyebrows. Most people knew that Dragonside and Mortem were closely tied. If you asked for an assassination or robbery through Dragonside, it would cost more since the request had to be processed and go to Mortem. It was a nuisance, and it was unnecessary, considering that I was the head of both, but I knew that might change one day. Because of the price, people only talked to Dragonside if they wanted to get in the business for drugs and contraband goods. As a result, people solely associated with Dragonside knew only of drugs and weapons, and people associated with Mortem knew only of assassinations and robberies. This was the first request in a long time that both groups knew about.

“Is it really important?” I asked.

“No,” Scarlet said. “The event we’re supposed to be sabotaging is a few months away.”

“How come it went through Dragonside first?” I asked.

“It’s a request from L’Occhio Del Serpente,” Scarlet said. That made me pay more attention. L’Occhio Del Serpente was a crime syndicate in what was once Italy. They specialized in weapons and were a partner of ours. They never fought with anyone simply because they couldn’t.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Artigli Del Grifone got their hands on one of their shipment of weapons,” Scarlet said. “L’Occhio Del Serpente found out that Grifone are going to be moving them somewhere before using them in a few months. They’re asking us to intercept them and get their weapons back.”

“How much is the reward?” I asked.

“They said three months of free raw materials,” Scarlet said.

“Excellent,” I said. I started thinking after that. All of the other groups were making their moves now. The Underworld was divided into three parts: the group allied with Dragonside, the group working against Dragonside, and the tiny people or gangs that no one gave a rat’s a*s about. Artigli Del Grifone was also from the Italian area and were a part of the group that were working against us.

“Mr. Dragon also stopped by,” Scarlet said nonchalantly.

My head snapped up at that. The old man had the guts to talk to me after taking my apprentices away from me for fear of a war. “And what did he say?” I asked.

“He wants to talk to you,” Scarlet said. “He said that he would be by the cherry tree for the next two weeks at the time.” Scarlet looked at me. “What does that mean?”

“It’s a code we came up with,” I said. “The location and time is always set, and this way, even if someone knows the message, they won’t be able to guess anything else.”

“Oh,” Scarlet said. “And here’s today’s paper. It seems that the revolutions are becoming more intense.”

I accepted the newspaper from her and scanned the pages. There were organized protests going on now. Police had been deployed to the boundaries of the places the protestors were protesting in, but there hadn’t been any violence yet. Women, children, the sick, the elderly, and anyone else who would be unable to fight were fleeing the area, which was hard considering that it was the whole world.

“Where are people feeling to?” I asked Scarlet.

“Right now, they’re just going to relatives’ and friends’ houses,” Scarlet said. “But there are a few people setting up shelters in tiny islands around the world.”

“And what of our former apprentices?” I asked.

“Did you not see the front page?” Scarlet said. I looked at the paper. Sally was on the front, a sign in her hands which made it clear that they did not like Snake. James and Michael stood behind her. So Grandpa was grooming them for the revolution.

“Thanks,” I said, giving the paper back to her. I turned to go to my room, but Scarlet stopped me.

“Hey, do you want to go to the mall sometime?” She asked.

I turned and let a grin spread across my face. No matter how tomboyish she seemed, Scarlet loved shopping even though people stared at her for her arm and leg.

“Sure,” I said. “I think we should be finished with this by tomorrow.”

“Yay!” Scarlet said. She happily went back to sorting through the job requests. I raised an eyebrow. “Yay” was something that Scarlet normally never said, but I guess she must have been pretty happy to say it.

Dropping my vision into the Cross World, I examined the tissue with Wolf Ramez’s blood. After several hours of excruciating magical and scientific work, I had a vial full of yellow liquid in my hand. It was a poison of my own design, one that reacted with one person in the entire world. It was sensitive to their DNA. Sighing, I laid down in my bed for a before getting up to find Nick.

Nick was outside, staring at a basin full of water, his vision in the Cross World when I found him. “Hey,” he said when he saw me.

“Hey,” I said. I put the vial of liquid in front of him. “This is it,” I said.

“Good,” Nick said. He waved his hand, and the image in the water disappeared. “He’s going to a club tonight,” he said.

“Excellent!” I said happily. “Shall we?”

Nick nodded. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

“S**t, I forgot to wear decent clothes!” I said, stopping suddenly. We were a block away from the club. We were dressed for an assassination, which was basically clothes that we could easily move it: boots, loose pants, and a tight shirt. In my case, there was a baseball hat, too.

Nick scowled. “They aren’t going to let us in, are they? We could always just conjure some.”

“No,” I said. I thought of an idea. “Let’s make this assassination really special. It should really be a nice message to the other groups.”

Nick could tell what I had in mind. “Fine,” he said. We walked straight past the club and went behind it. Nick conjured a few blobs of his aura. They disappeared into the building, came out a few minutes later, and said something to Nick. He motioned to the top of the building which was surprisingly high. I easily climbed to the top, like a spider climbing a wall. When I got there, I found a vent. Looking down at Nick, I gave him a thumbs up. When he saw it, he began to climb as well. Carefully, I removed the vent and sent it into the abyss of the Cross World’s Locker. It was only wide enough for one person, and I went first. There was the sound of pounding bass coming from somewhere, and I headed towards it. A vent was placed right over the center of the room, where I could see everything. All sorts of people were there, from young giggling girls to old pedophilic men. Looking across the room, I spotted Wolf Ramez.

The people there all had one thing in common though: they all had slaves. One slave was crawling on the floor with his master on his back, another simply standing next to his master, waiting for their orders, and one slave was hanging off her master’s arm. She was really pretty, but it was clear that the master had injected drugs into her system. It made my lips curl in disgust. This happened everywhere, not in just one pocket of the world. I wanted to kill them all, but that would cause legal complications, inside and outside of the Underground.

He was standing at the bar, waiting for a drink. When it came, I made a finger gun, took careful aim, and shot a streak of my aura towards it. I returned to Nick.

“I put laxatives in his drink,” I said.

“Of course you did,” Nick said.

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean of course I did?” I demanded.

Nick waved the question away. “Nothing, don’t worry about it,” he said.

“I will worry about it!” I said.

“Honestly, it really doesn’t matter. Look, let’s get to the bathroom,” Nick said.

I handed the vial of poison to him. “Hold it,” I grunted. I summoned a tiny knife, poured the poison on a tissue I had designed, and dabbed it on the knife.

“Let’s go,” Nick said. He led the way to the bathroom, and we waited in utter silence. For almost an hour, Wolf Ramez didn’t come. I was beginning to think that the drug didn’t work on him. At last, the door to the bathroom banged open. Wolf Ramez came scurrying in and headed for the nearest bathroom stall. I allowed my finger to let out a wisp of my aura in order to remove the vent from the ceiling. I looked at Nick, and he nodded. In one swift movement, I removed the vent, and both of us dropped into the stall. Nick covered Wolf Ramez’s mouth, and the point of my knife was in his chest. As fast as we had entered, we exited and replaced the knife. We did the same thing outside, covering our tracks completely.

When we were a few blocks away from the building, I turned and cast my vision into the Cross World as low as it could go. Wolf Ramez’s aura had disappeared.

“He’s dead,” I confirmed.

“Then let’s get out of here,” Nick said. “Our business is finished.” I nodded, and we teleported away.



© 2015 404Random


Author's Note

404Random
Please give me some feedback on what you think so far!!!
Thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015


Author

404Random
404Random

About
This is me trying to achieve my end goal of becoming a good writer! more..

Writing
Confusion Confusion

A Poem by 404Random