Do We Permit?

Do We Permit?

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Do We Permit?


I was reading a pamphlet explaining the deeper meaning of the Ninety-first Psalm. I have always liked; “He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust.” This always made me think of the hen gathering her chicks under her wings for the night. They look so close, comfortable and safe.

As part of the explanation it read: “The truth in which we are abiding, and which we are permitting to abide in us, becomes our fortress.” It went on describing how a fortress is safety during an enemy attack. Also if we constantly abide in the fortress with the truth there will be no enemy to attack. All this was told better than I am telling you here, but it is a copyright-so this is the best I can do.

However, the thing that I found most interesting was not addressed. Out of curiosity go back to that statement and see if anything stands out for you like it struck me. Anything?

The word permitting jumped out at me. Especially in the context of this statement. It is actually saying that God needs our permission to abide in us and if we don’t give that permission He will leave us alone. That made me mad. The Almighty doesn’t have to ask permission for anything. He made the laws at the creation of time and God does not change His Mind. His laws remain the same for eternity.

I gave a lot of thought to “which we are permitting to abide in us” trying to understand. I have believed for a long time that our Creator gave us “Free-Will” along with our first breath of life. I knew it; I believed it; but I never realized what a wonderful, marvelous, incredible, generous gift our Father-Mother-God gave us. Our heavenly Father wants us to love Him because it is our choice, not because we are forced to, or programed to. God will not force Himself into our life. If He is not invited; if we don’t issue an invitation for God to be part of our lives, we are the looser. God is patient. He has many good gifts stored up under our name, waiting until we are smart enough to accept His offer. He will wait as long as it takes. He knows that at some point we will wake up to the Truth, even if it takes an eternity.

It is possible that the author made a mistake using the word permitting, maybe another word would fit better. I am happy with the choice made. It brings home the fact God is not responsible for the mess of our lives. We are always unconditionally loved by our Father-Mother regardless of the path we travel. We can be saint or sinner. God’s love never wavers. The difference is the saint lives a happy, healthy, abundant life in the companionship with the Father. While the sinner suffers all the ills of this world. Not because God has a favorite child and another must be punished for their sin. God does not punish!

Sometimes the sinner is not aware of his sin. He is trying to be a Christian, but he has accepted the ‘race consciousness’ that there is a power opposing God, named Satan or the devil. As long as this error thought of an evil being persists his life will be a roller coaster of good and bad.

Someday the Truth will dawn in the individual consciousness that Satan and the devil are nothing more than an adult’s superstitious boggy-man; carried over from childhood. Men will begin to understand that it doesn’t matter what the world believes. The race consciousness is the error thought of a belief in a lie and a false sense of what God’s Reality is. That there could be a power challenging God for the soul that only He created is, to say the least, silly. Who made this entity and gave it power? The Truth is that God is the only Creator; that all creation is good; that God fills all time and all space and that leaves no space for evil of any kind to exist.

When men acquire the knowledge of God’s complete goodness and we permit God to be God there will be heaven on earth.


721 words Loretta Ellen Edwards





© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on June 4, 2018
Last Updated on June 4, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing