Our Task

Our Task

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Our Task


“I and the Father are one,” claimed Jesus. This statement caused many devoted Christians to assume that Jesus was not a human man, but God Himself. Jesus continued by saying, “And in Him (God) we live and move and have our being.” How could it be otherwise?

God fills All Time and All Space! That means that man is created out of God substance (Spirit) and has no life outside of God. In fact there is no place where God is not.

I am convinced that Jesus was not telling us that he, Jesus, was God in human form. He was informing us that all people, regardless of race, color, nationality, or intelligence are included. Included in the same way that a small drop of ocean water is a part, but certainly not the whole, of the ocean that it was taken from. Yet, that one drop of ocean water has all the properties of the vast ocean.

` If there is nothing outside of God…then the statement that Jesus made, that we live within God stands as True. There is no place else that we could be.

Living within God does not diminish Us as Us nor does it mean that we are absorbed into the One and lose ourselves. It simply means that we are protected, unconditionally loved, and continue as recognized individuals. No fear, no sickness, no sin, and no death. Only extreme joy and happiness. How could we ask for more?

Then why are so many people unhappy? How many people do you know who give any thought to God, except maybe in the Sunday morning service? God will not force Himself on you. If you are unhappy can you place the blame on God’s shoulders?

Someone may ask, “Where does God live?’ Most Christians will be quick to answer, “In heaven.” The next logical question is, “Where is heaven? In the clouds?” My considered opinion is simple…“If, God lives in heaven then heaven is every place where God happens to be.” The big question becomes, “Where can you hide from God that He is not already there ahead of you waiting for you to arrive?” Answer that if you can.

The most important task we have on earth is to know all we can about God. We need to realize that God is Spirit, Spirit does not resemble in any way a human body. Spirit has no body. To Spirit God, punishment is unnecessary because to Spirit sin does not exist, neither does disease or death. Nothing exists that God did not create. Know God and enjoy a new miracle every day. The more you know the better your life becomes.


452 words Loretta Ellen Edwards


© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

143 Views
Added on June 11, 2018
Last Updated on June 11, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing