Words Describe Thoughts

Words Describe Thoughts

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Words Describe Thoughts


Even if you do not read the Bible often you are probably familiar with the quote from John 1:1. If you happen to be a Bible reader you know it well…have you considered the deep spiritual meaning?

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God….And the Word was made flesh.” Seems pretty self explanatory. Still, maybe there is more to learn from this then just the words on paper

What is a word in the first place? There can’t be a word until there is a thought for the word to describe. When you think about a--I’ll use the word chair as an example--as long as it remains a thought no one but you knows what you have in mind. When you say, “I am thinking of buying a chair,” the thought becomes an image or form to recognize. Whoever hears the word ‘chair’ immediately forms an image of a chair in their own mind.

Fine. What kind of chair? A kitchen chair? Perhaps a lawn chair or a comfortable reclining chair? One for the office or the computer? After you decide on the kind of chair, you have a choice of style, color, size, fabric and price among other things. The point that I am trying to make here is, that a word conveys a thought, describes an image, and imagines a form.

When thought is turned into a word the word becomes an image or a form. Could this be the way the world was created?? God thought about what He wanted; formed the image in mind; said, “Let there be.” and the form was filled ;Perfectly and Spiritually.

We have to keep in mind one important fact. God is Spirit! Spirit has no body; no identifiable form. Therefore, It can take all form.

We say that “The kingdom of God is within.” and that is true. Although we need to remember that God fills all time and all space. The human body can not contain, hold, confine, encompass the All of God, so we live in ’God Space!’ There is no getting away from God. Why would we want to? God created only good so wherever we happen to be, regardless of what we might think about our situation we are, in truth, surrounded by only God’s good.

While I am speculating on how the world was created, let me go one step farther. Flesh means the covering of skin on the body, as we know. Flesh also has a meaning of: “to fill out by adding details.” I would say that pretty much covers creation.

Now, I realize in John 1:14 that John is referring to Jesus when he claims the Word was made flesh and he must have in mind the flesh covering on the body. Here again is only part of the story.

I know a lot of good Christians that have a problem believing in the virgin birth of Jesus. Science has told us how babies are conceived and Jesus had no known father. However, John 1;13 tells us “Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” This tells me that God does not need the help of male or female to create a living soul. Neither the egg or the sperm contain life until God says, “Let there be.” In fact it makes it clear that all children are God’s very own and Jesus is our older brother.

I’ve given you some food for thought. What do you think?


609 words Loretta Ellen Edwards

.


© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 10, 2018
Last Updated on June 10, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing