Nudging God

Nudging God

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Nudging God


You are a good person. You support your church (religion) with your time and money. Your life is running smoothly. As it should. Suddenly something happens. It could be any number of things, but ‘This’ is something that you can’t handle by yourself. So you turn to God in prayer. That is the first step and a good one.

What exactly do you expect God to do for you? You probably already have in mind how this situation should be resolved. After awhile, when you don’t see the results you were expecting, you began to wonder. So you go back to prayer and nudge God just a little bit. “I know how busy you are and I just wondered if you might have forgotten? Things aren’t working out and this is very important to me. Please help me out here.” From a gentle nudge you go into nagging mode. You want this taken care of now and in the manner you have decided on.

Do you think that going to your religious meetings, putting money in the plate, doing a few extra jobs for the church and the community gives you the right to dictate to God how to run His world? What do you know about God anyway?


These are my opinions and don’t accept then without serious thought.

1) God is Spirit

2) God created the universe and every single thing in it. When the universe was created there were laws put in place that are everlasting. These laws are for our benefit. When we break them God does not punish the sinner. We have Free Will and we can wander as far away as the prodigal or be as foolishly dense as the brother and deprive ourselves of the joys waiting for us.

3) God is our Father-Mother-God. Not three but One Creator. We are all His children. As children we don’t know what is best for us. We pout, have temper tantrums, refuse advice, and make ourselves miserable and blame God for our misery. Our Father-Mother-God has unlimited resources which it is His pleasure to give us. He offers us abundance which we ignore and cry because we didn’t get the penny that we begged for.

4) Although God loves us unconditionally He will not bend the laws for us. God does Not intercede or intervene on behalf of one while disregarding the pleas of another. The rules govern us all (call it tough love if you like) but equally, fairly and lovingly.

5) When you put God first; when you realize that All Good, All Power, All Love, All Life, All Mind: Is God; you will also realize that you don’t need to nudge God to receive blessings. God is never less then God!

6) Discard everything that you have learned from others They may be right, they may be wrong. Your are responsible for your own life. You can’t have faith in something you don’t understand. Examine your beliefs..

7) Jesus came to earth as God’s son with a mission to teach humanity how to live life as God intended. Direct communication with God is more important then religious dogma. Once you understand the true nature of our Father-Mother-God you can’t help but enjoy a healthy, happy, more Christ like life. You won’t ever again feel the need to nudge God..


559 words Loretta Ellen Edwards


© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 11, 2018
Last Updated on June 11, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing