Mother And Farther

Mother And Farther

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Mother And Father


I have a problem. I want to write a story. I know what I want to write, My dilemma is how to put it on paper so anyone can understand my meaning.

First…I want to make it clear that God is not a person, a body, or any material thing. God is Spirit. When we say, “We are made in the image and likeness of God,” it is not the image that we see in the mirror that is this likeness to God. The mind and the thoughts are a lot closer then our bodies. You probably already know this, along with the fact that nothing was created, nothing has ever been created, and nothing will ever be created, that was not created by God; the Creator! Agree so far? God alone created the trees, flowers, sky, stars ,ocean, Us and everything too numerous, to mention and All of it was good and still is..

We have parents and some of us are parents. We think of our children as being of our own making. Not so. God does not need human help. I want to make it understandably clear to you that we could not exist, nor could our children exist, without God’s having created each and everyone of us. I am trying to make it obvious that God has not given up His role as Creator and that He is still creating all life.

I understand why Jesus called God; “Father” In that long ago time women were not respected. A female was regarded as a bearer of children (and heaven help her if she didn’t have male babies) and obedient servants to all males, even her own sons. At that time to try to explain the feminine, loving nature of God would have debased, if not completely destroyed God’s standing in the minds of those men.

As a male figure God represents justice, strength, protection, provider and all of the good things a Christian man does for his family. However, God is not a male.

There is more proof to consider God is female. Unconditional Love best describes the Creator. We expect comfort and understanding, security and patience, from our mothers. How much more love can the “Mother God” give you then a human mother is able to provide? However, God is not “female” either. God, as spirit, is our Creator, not Mother or Father, but Mother and Father combines in Spirit God, Creator.

Now we come to my problem. I want to convey God as One. How do I do this? Father-Mother-God? Father/Mother/God? Or Father, Mother, God? Which punctuation makes you more aware that God is the Father, concerned and interested, and also the Mother giving Unconditional Love at all times?

This is why I have no problem believing in the virgin birth of Jesus. Mary accepted the fact that God is the only Creator, that all babies are the children of God.

When Jesus told us that “I and the Father are one,” He was not declaring that he was God. Jesus was teaching us that, “We live and move and have our being in God” Which makes Jesus our elder brother. We all have the same Father, who is our Mother and our God.

Is it so hard to understand that the Creator that created Jesus without a human father, can create all babies without human help of any kind? The Father-Mother gives us the privilege and joy of taking care of this precious gift of life.

Think of God as Father/Mother or Mother-Father or anyway you want to put it, but know that God is the only Creator.


613 words Loretta Ellen Edwards


© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 11, 2018
Last Updated on June 11, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing