If,It Is In The Bible

If,It Is In The Bible

A Story by Loretta Edwards

If, It Is In The Bible


For too long people have believed that, no matter how hard it was to accept because in another place it contradicts the previous statement, when it is in the Bible it is God’s word and has to be taken on faith. I say, when it doesn’t make sense to you that you really can’t believe it. I also say, if we can’t make logical sense of a statement we should ask questions. In science it isn’t a fact until it has been proven and understood. Shouldn’t Christians do the same for religion?

It isn’t so much that the Bible is mistaken or incorrect, the problem lies in the improper human interpretation given to the statements.

One example is “Spare the rod and spoil the child.” Well meaning parents used to think that it meant that a paddle and the old wood shed took care of most problems. Now we know that you can’t beat anyone into good behavior or to believe what they can’t comprehend. Also on a spiritual level…shepherds used the ‘rod’ to gently herd the sheep back into the fold. I have never heard of a shepherd using the rod to beat his sheep for wandering away from the flock. The Psalm says “Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.” The ‘rod’ can be interpreted in many ways.

“For this purpose came I into the world,” Jesus informed us. Because in the Old Testament sacrifice of animals was payment for sins, men jumped to the conclusion that God sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross to save humanity from their sins. That would be expected of a heathen god. My God is loving and kind, not in the least bit blood thirsty. Back then people were miserable. They worshiped a god who demanded more then they were able to give. Jesus introduced them to a God that wanted to give them all the good gifts a wealthy Father gives the children he loves. Jesus came not to die, but to teach us how to live a happy life He could have escaped the cross.

“If I make my bed in hell, thou art with me.” What is God doing in hell? Naturally, God would be there. God is everywhere!

“I and my Father are one,” a quote that make many believe that God Himself came to earth in human form as a man named Jesus. I interpret this differently. God fills all space, so therefore we live within God substance. When God breathes the breath of life into the person, He breaths from the inside out. Jesus also asked us, “Know ye not that ye are Gods?” God does live within, yet, remember that the lesser can’t contain the greater. Meaning that God is within and without.

“Let us make man is our image after our likeness.” We look in the mirror and we see a fine healthy human body. Therefore, we assume that this is the image of God. So wrong! Our bodies are marvelous, wonderful, works of art and functional miracles. However, we are not even what we see. God is spirit! Not matter, not material, not blood and bones and covered in flesh. We are an idea in the Mind of God. The quote goes on to say that everything that God created was good and He gave it all to us to do with it whatever we please. Have you forgotten how rich you are?

“Get thee behind me Satan” This sounds like Jesus was talking to a bonfide person. You don’t necessarily have to believe me, but I lump Satan with the bogy man under the bed and the monster in the closet. Think about it. If God created only good, is Satan one of His good creations? Or did Satan create himself and his evil? Jesus was human, He might have thought about being a king, for about a minute, and having thought about it threw the thought out of His mind immediately and put it behind Him forever.

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.” I used to think, ’I am past being a child. Is there no hope for me?’ Then I realized how our children believed their dad was the best. They could go to him for fun and games, he provided a home, food, clothes. They went to him for advice. They depended on dad and he didn’t let them down. I now know I am a child of God and I depend on Him for provisions, health, and happiness…He never disappointments me.

The Bible has a lot more to give you then just words on paper. Look for the deeper spiritual meaning. My interpretation satisfies me. If you don’t agree with my way of thinking, maybe you can find a truth that you have overlooked. What ever you do make sure you understand what you Think that you believe.


829 words Loretta Ellen Edwards



© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 4, 2018
Last Updated on June 4, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing