Thoughts Rule

Thoughts Rule

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Thoughts Rule


` I imagine, by now, anyone who has read any kind of a religious article has found a quote that, in some way, tells you that “Thoughts are things.” So most of us have come to the conclusion that what we think and believe has some influence on our lives. I wonder if we realize exactly how much! Almost everything…No, Everything does depend on what we think and by thinking it, we believe it.

Which comes first the thought or the action? You don’t get up to get a drink until you think, “I’m thirsty.” The thought controls the action. Do you understand how important it is to control your thoughts in the first place or they will control you in the second place? Your co-worker gets a promotion that you were expecting. You smile, congratulate the person. Tell them how happy you are for them, because this is expected of you. Everyone around thinks you are being a good sport. What they don’t know is your thoughts are busy planning a way to make this person look incompetent so that you can take over. Worse, is you don’t see anything wrong with your plan because you believe that you deserve this job.

We deceive ourselves because we were told that we live in a material world, which we believe. We also believe that we Must suffer. Suffering makes a better person of us. Didn’t Jesus suffer on the cross for our sins?

This is where thought makes a difference in our life. I believe that Jesus came to show us how to live abundantly. He could have just ascended (gone back to the Father.) Jesus chose the cross to prove to us that death is an illusion, as is our life on earth. “God is the God of the living, not the dead.” Did Jesus suffer? He healed all manner of earthly ills by knowing that God was not responsible. His suffering came from the people who did not understand His mission. That doesn’t distract from the great lessons our savior taught us. It increases the meaning in His life and words. This world is not what it seems.

Spiritual students of all faiths are telling us, in different ways, what Jesus taught, that thoughts become manifestations. Think deeply on these meanings.

“Thinking is the talking of the soul with itself.” Plato


“The outer is but the expression of the image held within.“ Spalding


“The visible outer world, with all its social, religious, and political laws, customs, and ceremonies, is but the flimsy screen upon which mind throws its incongruous, opinions,”. (Incongruous: lacking harmony or agreement/ not fitting or proper; unsuitable, inappropriate) Fillmore


“He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass, environment is but his looking-glass.“ James Allen


“Let us begin with the understanding that our world is not an erroneous one, but rather that the universe in which we live is the realm of reality about which man entertains a false concept.” Goldsmith


“Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionally to their occupancy of your thoughts.” Eddy:


The list goes on and on. More and more science and religion are coming to the conclusion that the world is not material, but every bit spiritual.

Does any of this convince you that there may be more happiness to life then we have discovered? “Maybe I- whatever that I is- is nothing but a dream the body is having.”


585 words Loretta Ellen Edwards




© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on June 4, 2018
Last Updated on June 4, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing