Perhaps

Perhaps

A Story by Loretta Edwards

Perhaps


Words have meaning. Perhaps, at least for my use here, means “maybe, possibly or we don’t really know“. What do we really know about the life of Jesus? We only know what we have been told, from the Bible, from the pulpit, or a study group. We were not there when He walked the dusty roads preaching and teaching. Neither were they, the people who researched the past looking to for answers. What if they are wrong?

Recently, ancient scrolls have been uncovered that put a new light on old ideas. Many new theories have circulated in newspaper reports, on TV, and in movies. Perhaps we should consider a few and find our own truth?

Perhaps-Jesus was a happily married man, as the newspaper speculated? There was not much to go on. Just a small note saying Jesus said, “My wife.” It was claimed that not only was He married, but He also had a family, one son and maybe more as yet uncovered. Maybe, but I doubt that He would have had time for romance. He was ‘about His Father’s business’ 24/7. On the off chance that He did marry, she would have been one lucky woman. Jesus would be considerate, helpful, loving, and faithful.

Perhaps-Jesus was homosexual? Think about it. He was in the company of 12 healthy, virile, active men. Jesus was tall, masculine and handsome. They traveled together, ate together, stayed for weeks at each others homes, had intimate conversations. I am convinced that each one loved the others dearly: as brothers..

Perhaps-He was an extraterrestrial, an alien? He had knowledge far ahead of His time. No disease, disability or even death could resist His thought process. Devils were cast out by His word. Doesn’t that suggest an intelligence not of this world? I think it means that Jesus knew that God is not responsible for sickness therefore, in reality, it can not exist..

Perhaps-Jesus was an accomplished charlatan, illusionist, con man, magician? As a charlatan He could pay people to pretend to be sick and. “Hallelujah, it is a miracle!! I’m healed!!” As an illusionist He could make food appear from the fake bottom of the baskets as in the feeding of the multitude. As a magician He could hypnotize the person into thinking that they had been healed.

Perhaps-Like our own Daniel Boone Jesus became a legend. Maybe Daniel killed a lot of bears in his day, but I doubt that he killed a bear when he was only three. Maybe everyone who came to Jesus didn’t get the healing they were seeking and the reports were an embellishment?

Perhaps-A cleaver storyteller gathered all the tales together, added a little imagination, used the human fear: their hopes and needs for some kind of hero; and wove a story that people could relate to and believe in. Our ancestors had already given up human sacrifice and were tired of animal sacrifice. They were ready to believe that this one last blood sacrifice to God would give them the forgiveness of their sins.

Perhaps-Jesus never existed? I don’t know of any absolute proof-other then the Bible-that Jesus was a real, live, human being. That means we are taking the existence mostly on faith. However, I have not found anything that He is supposed to have said that is not enlightening, true and worthwhile. If He did not say it, it is still true and beautiful.

Do you want to know something? I don’t care! I honestly don’t care if Jesus is an alien. Aliens also had to be created by our Father, so when Jesus said, “I and my Father are one,” it would still be truth. I don’t care if He was married or single. I don’t care if He existed or if someone else put the words on paper and gave Jesus the Christ all the credit!

Until there is proof positive that Jesus the Christ is a fake, I will believe every single thing that the Bible has to say about Him, everything that the Bible says He taught. I believe the virgin birth; I believe that Jesus was the son of God as all babies are. I believe that His knowledge of God was so clear that He could explain to the priests, at the age of 12, things that they didn’t know. I believe that Jesus healed each and everyone that the Bible claims and many more not mentioned. I believe He brought the dead back because God is the God of the living.

Everything presented here is a possibility. What do you believe?


764 words Loretta Ellen Edwards


© 2018 Loretta Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on June 10, 2018
Last Updated on June 10, 2018

Author

Loretta Edwards
Loretta Edwards

OH



About
These stories are my opinion only, please feel free to leave a comment regarding what you think about them. If you would like, feel free to also print these stories out and share them with family and .. more..

Writing