She goes to school

She goes to school

A Chapter by Faust
"

For some reason, when I ever I have a teacher, it turns out to be that teacher's last year.

"
I went to Westside Elementary School. It was a pretty poor school with old playground equipment. Our mascot was Willie the Wildcat. I loved Willie. In kindergarten I had this nice teacher named Mrs. Gradey. Ironic since she works at a school. I have always been a very slow learner. My kindergarten teacher noticed this, but it wasn't until seventh grade that the doctors found out why. I really don't like to jump around in my story, so I will get to that part. That isn't the only thing my teacher has noticed. She noticed that I kept walking or running into things. This wasn't like bumping your hip on the side or something like that. This was a full on SMACK to the face. Soon my parents took me to a doctor and found out I had amblyopia, or more commonly known as a lazy eye. It's not that I couldn't see. It's that I had double vision. They took me to the hospital; I had a surgery; got a pair of really cool glasses; wasn't allowed outside for 6 months because of the sun and dirt getting into my eyes;and after all this, the surgery still did not fix the problem. Instead, it introduced a new problem. It physically hurt to keep my eyes open. Everything was too bringht, the change in light stung my eyes like soap, different temperatures hitting my eyes gave me the worst migranes. And to this day no one has been able to fix it. I sometimes walk the halls with my eyes closed if the halls were empty and no one would stare and think that I am weird. I'm not denying that I'm weird, though. Weird would be an understatement. No one at school realizes the struggle of have pain shoot up your eyes and to your head. Imagine getting soap in your eyes but no being able to wipe it away. So I went to school with an eyepatch and let me tell you, not a great way to make friends. I was given names like pirate or one-eye. Even faker because every morning I would have to switch which eye the eyepatch went on since it was a problem with both eyes. Because of this, people thought I was faking just for attension. Oh well. We were just kids at the time. I felt pretty sheltered. I wasn't allowed outside to hang out with people because of my eyes. It wasn't until halfway through first grade that I was finally allowed outside again. 
Time skip to fourth grade
Fourth grade was a very interesting year to say the least. I went to this studio after school once a week. Itwas called kids-4 TV. It was a tv and radio station ran by kids. The longest you could be apart of this program was from 4th to 9th grade. I was there the full time. It was a ripoff of disney channel, I would say. We did alot of acting, memorizing scripts, interviewing people, editing, filming, and having fun. I wasn't much of an actor, though the director always said that I was pretty funny. He was one of the only adults other than the crew leaders. I really enjoyed filming and editing but I wasn't a very good actor. There were alot of english words that I could not pronounce, even though I was born speaking the languige. Most of my family is German, so I was born with a pretty thick German accent which I slowly grew out of. Now it is hardly there. This whole acting thing was before I started speech therapy, so I messed up words like library, prairie, egotistic. I don't think very many people watched the kids-4 shows. Heck, I was in it but I've never sat through a whole episode. I've had family members come up to me and say they saw me on tv, and once even a stranger on the street. That was pretty cool. No one there was very famous, nor were we trying to be. It was fun hanging out with kids around my age and working on projects together. Years later, I end up getting an internship with the City of Madison Media Department. That was only for 90 days since I am only 16 and can't legally work for them. Soon I am going to have a meeting with my old director from kids-4 and see if I can work for that studio for them. There are a few adults there who edit or film. They can also teach the new kids how to operate a camera and how to act. 


© 2019 Faust


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2019
Last Updated on January 20, 2019


Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust