Losing Grip- First Chapter

Losing Grip- First Chapter

A Chapter by Syddykitty12

The bombs hit the ground with as much eruption as a volcano, am I the only one that seems to notice? My one friend died in this war. His name was Chen Yu. How can they be happy? I watch the fireworks burst into the sky. Kimi Jon is lighting sparklers as usual. Mina is stuffing her face full of soft pretzels and cotton candy. How could they? Lives have been lost. People are suffering and yet, they call this a holiday. My sister, Eun-Ja, is out playing with sparklers. How could she do this to me? My mom catches my eye and motions me to come and play with them. I turn to walk away when I notice the ghost shack. I see a flicker of light from the upstairs window. A perfect hiding vacant spot. I feel a sting on my hand and notice a streak of blood rush from a cut in my palm.

I run with hot, runny tears forming in my eyes. I reach the ghost shack and place my hand on the cold, dead doorknob. I turn it and it magically opens. I smell musty air and my stomach feels clammy. My heart goes thump with every movement my feet make. I hear voices from upstairs. I reach the staircase and notice absolutely no light. Not even a sliver. It’s deadly quiet. I start to think I imagined the voices when I hear a young girl scream. I close my eyes and cover my ears with my hands until I hear a faint laugh. I open my eyes and a young girl is standing, no floating in front of me. Bloody tears are strolling from her eyes which were really just empty black holes. Her smile was filled with worms coming from her mouth and a sliced open tongue. She wore a newly red stained with blood dress. She seemed more scared than me.

“ Hello,” I whisper.

“ Hmmm, hi.” she replies louder than me by far.

“ I’m Mi-Cha. It means beautiful girl in Korean.”

“ You don’t look beautiful.”

“ Thanks. You haven’t told me your name.”

“ When I was human like you, it was Sun-Ji. Sun means obedient and Ji means well, wisdom. Now I go by Nightmare.”
“ Well, Nightmare, what happened?”
“ I was tricked. Young-Soon told me to come with her and Myung-Ok. We came here. I thought they were my friends. We walked upstairs. Young-Soon told me she was giving me a gift in honor of the holidays and all, so she told me to close my eyes. I heard a quiver in her voice as she told me it would be okay. Myung-Ok started chanting some voodoo magic stuff. I opened my eyes and saw a large metal dagger in her hands. That´s the scream you heard. Now, this is me."

" Are you okay? Is there a way to fix you?"

" Sure, you must reverse the curse which isn´t possible. Go celebrate with the rest of them. Happy Holidays !"

" Happy Holidays."

I leave the ghost shack wondering what me, a scrawny little Korean girl can do, when I hear another bomb and this time it´s coming from the direction of my house.



© 2015 Syddykitty12


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015


Author

Syddykitty12
Syddykitty12

About
I'm a young writer with hopes to do big things with my writing one day. I mainly do poetry and realistic fiction, but I try to write with a purpose. A point to write it. Writing gives me a good sense .. more..

Writing