Chapter 2- Destruction and Rubble Trouble

Chapter 2- Destruction and Rubble Trouble

A Chapter by Syddykitty12

I´m in the cemetery weeping at my sister´s grave.  My aunt walks over with her arms spread out. I know it´s a hug she wants, but I pretend I don´t and give her a funny look. I walk over to the marble headstone that reads, " Here lies Bae-Cho ( Beautiful-Inspiration) loving mother, daughter, and friend. May she rest in peace." It made me furious. They didn´t know my mom. How dare they say these things about her? I cry even more. Aunt Hae-Won walks over to me again and this time I hug her, hard. I squeeze her so tight because I don´t want to lose her too. She hugs me back. We stand there hugging each other for what seems like forever until she pushes me off and offers me lunch at Gizo´s Cafe. I gratefully accept and me and her set off.

" Oh Mi-Cha, you were always so good to your mother. I know she misses you very much up in heaven. Be strong Darling."

" Of course Aunt Hae-Won. I love you."

" As I love you as well."

When we arrived at Gizo´s Cafe Chen Yu´s parents were there and so was Chen Yu´s younger sister Ae-Cha. I walked over to the table next to them and sat down. My aunt followed me and sat down across from me. Ae-Cha ran over and hugged me. She sat in my lap as we shared a side order of chili-cheese fries. I ate my chicken tenders the way my mom showed me, peeling the skin off and eating it before the meat. I must´ve looked silly because my aunt started laughing. This meal was good.

Next, my aunt took me to her house, but I just wanted to see mine now after the bombing.

" Aunt Hae-Won?"
" Yes, Mi-Cha,"

" Can you take me home, quick?"
" This is your home, Dear."

" I mean my old home. The bombed home. The scar on my heart."

" Well, why you wanna go there?"
" To see the place of death. How it looks after bombing, ya know. To recover any of my stuff that´s okay. Please."

" I suppose, but later. Absolutely not now or even soon to now. Later, just later."
" How much later?"
" When you´re ready."
" I´m ready now!"
" NO, you´re not!!!" my aunt hollered now pointing the carving knife she´d been holding towards me.

" Sorry for asking," I say before rushing out the front door and running down the street. I ran until I reached the edge of the forbidden forest. I could hear my aunt call my name. I stared at the tall trees and dark emptiness up ahead. My aunt was coming near me, I could feel her presence. I noticed to yellow glowing eyes locking on my gaze. It somehow paralyzed me. I fell down and cried. My aunt came and carried me to her home. 

I wake up in the bedroom set up for me. Photos of dandelions dance along the walls. Photos of lakes, ponds, oceans, and rivers sway in the breeze of the one fan blowing around in the whole house. Sweat trickled down my burning forehead. For some reason I can´t breathe. I reach my weak fingers over to the mug of tea on my night stand. My fingers gently clasp around it and pull it towards me with my every last bit of strength. I sip the sweet, warm, sticky tea and I feel better. My aunt comes in holding cool, wet rags. She places one on my forehead as she gently strokes my hair.

" Oh Mi-Cha, we´ll visit when you feel better. I promise. Doctor Brown claims your suffering from paranoia and anxiety. You passed out cold. You´ve been out since yesterday afternoon. It´s not healthy. You should eat something. Hungry?"

" Nope, I´m not. Just a little thirsty."

" Hmmm, get up then. Let´s go see your old home."

Aunt Hae-Won and I set out to my house. For once the roads were quiet and scarce of people. My neighbor´s roses were dead. Then I realized, the whole neighborhood seemed dead. I reached my house or what was left of it. There were bombed holes in the wall and it made me sick. I noticed a tiny sliver of silver shininess coming from under a chunk of wall. I tried to lift up the chunk of wall, but I couldn´t. My aunt helped me and together we lifted it up. Aunt Hae-Won went to look at the damage of the kitchen. I searched through rubble and found the shiny silver object. It was my mom´s sterling silver diamond wedding band. I placed it on my finger. It fit perfectly. That made me cry again. I walked over to my sister´s destroyed room. Her favorite doll was there and I picked her up. Her stringy red hair was all over the place. I carried her over to my mom´s room. My mom´s jewelry box was smashed on the ground. I picked up a necklace and ran out to find my aunt. I was ready to go.



© 2015 Syddykitty12


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015


Author

Syddykitty12
Syddykitty12

About
I'm a young writer with hopes to do big things with my writing one day. I mainly do poetry and realistic fiction, but I try to write with a purpose. A point to write it. Writing gives me a good sense .. more..

Writing