Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

Meeting

"

***OLIVER POV***

"OLIVER FLINT where were you this morning? I looked for you everywhere?" My Best friend Kenna asks as she Makes her way to my locker. I glance over at her and give her my best 'I'm sorry' Look before turning back to my locker, gathering my books for History, my best subject.

"My Bed sheets didn't want to let me leave my bed this morning, then My mother distracted me with yummy bacon and ham goodness." I explain slamming my locker shut when I grabbed my book and binder. She just shakes her head and smacks me upside mine. "OOWWW!" I whine rubbing my head "Why does everyone have to hit me or hurt me? I'm too cute for this Abuse!" I cry. Kenna huffs, a piece of hair fluttering in the wake of her breath. I smile, my pain forgotten as I take a piece of her hair. I loved Kenna Coyne's hair, it was platinum blonde on top and her tips were half red half black, a Harley Quinn tribute that I had helped her with. She gives me a look and pushes my hand away.

"Get your own hair, stop giving mine pervy looks." She grumbles and I flash her my toothy grin.

"But Kenna I just love your hair!"

" Love your own hair, mines not for your love!"

"You cant deny our love!" I wail making a few student stop and look at me funny. I just smile wide at them before turning back to Kenna. She shakes her head and smacks me again. I shoot her a glare but loop my arm through hers and head to history. We get to the class room just before the late bell rings and I point my finger at it. "HA take that bell you didn't beat me this time" I say with pride and plop down in my seat next to Kenna. Jeremi comes in, moving sluggishly and makes her way to the back of the room. Her eyes are red rimmed and I know that means she's had another fight with her boyfriend Lewis who I had nicknamed Linda just to annoy him. My hands ball into fists at my side as anger creeps in. I hated when my sister cried over that jerk! I look over my shoulder to her and give her a my toothy grin, earning a glare in response. She looks down and types something on her phone, making mine Vibrate in my pocket two minutes later. I take it out and read the text.

From: Twinny

Calm yourself. I just came back

from gym and the janitor

is mowing the football feild. you

 Know I tear up from fresh cut grass.

My anger leaves me and I give her a sheepish grin. My poor sister suffered from Seasonal allergies where as I Was scott free. She rolls her eyes and puts her phone away as Mr Porter strides in starting class. He starts the Lesson with the Revolutionary War and I let my mind wander, since i had only learned about this topic since Oh eighth grade I believe. My mind wanders to the episode of Charmed I had watched last night on Netflix. It had been the episode where Paige had messed up a potion and accidentally switched bodies with Phoebe. A dreamy smile spreads on my face when I think back to how that episode started. A very shirtless, very Sexy Cole had been all sweaty while training with the amazing Phoebe. Yes Folks, Not only was I an amazing bundle of Sarcasm and Cheer I was (drum roll please) A seventeen year old Gay boy in high school. I know I know how could life get any better then this right? Someone shoving my arm, making my hand slip from my chin has me ripping my thoughts away from all the dirty things I would like to do to Cole. I glare at Kenna as she looks at me with innocence.

"I was fantasizing about Cole Turner. Why must you interrupt me?" I whine. She shakes her head.

"I prefer Leo. and I interrupted you because History is over and only me you and Her are still here." She says jerking her thumb over to Jeremi. I look over and burst into laughter at my sisters sleeping form. She was leaning back in her chair, her feet sprawled under her desk and her head lolling back, her mouth slightly open. I shake my head, sling my backpack over my shoulder and walk over to her. I kick her foot making her jump up with a start, I duck just in time to save myself from decapitation. Jeremi scowls at me.

"One of these days I am going to murder you in your sleep." She growls and stands up, shoving her notebook in her back and pushing past me without another word. I look at Kenna and we shrug, following my darling Twin. We were heading down to Math when suddenly I am lifted off my feet and slammed painfully against the wall.

"Did I miss the memo or something? Is today beat on Oliver day?" I snap, rubbing my cheek that had collided with the wall. I yelp as I am once again slammed against it. "Jeesh wall if you are going to be this physical with me at least buy me dinner first." I sigh before finally turning to glare at the person responsible for my meeting with the unforgiving wall. Lucas Carver smirked at me as I pushed away from the wall. " Good Morning Lucas! And what do I owe this delightful encounter for?" I ask crossing my arms and glaring at him. His eyes narrow and before I can prepare myself his fist comes flying towards me, colliding with my already painful cheek. my head snaps to the side as stars burst in my eyes. Before I can process the pain I gasp in agony as his fist connect with my stomach forcing all the precious air in my lungs up my throat and out my mouth. I double over, My arms protectively wrapping around my chest. I try to make myself a smaller target as fear spikes through me. I had to protect my chest at all costs, I couldn't let him punch my chest, I couldn't. These frantic thoughts are sparking in my mind as I feel a fist hit my back and I cant help but yelp as it throws me off balance and I crash to my knees, wincing as the pain jolts through my knees into my hips. I can faintly hear Kenna screaming at Lucas to stop but I assume one of his lovely cronies is holding her so she cant intervene. I bite my lip causing blood to burst into my mouth as another fist collides with my cheek, followed up with a punch to the eye. I hear another scream and faintly recognize my sister's bitter attitude. Stay out of this Jeremi I shout in my mind, moaning when a foot kicks me in the back making me fall to the floor my chin connecting with the hard floor. I whimper and curl up in a tighter ball. Don't let him hit my chest, don't let him hit my chest. The Words repeat themselves in my mind over and over again as he continues his brutal assault. Suddenly a great Roar sounds to my left and the beat stops as Lucas is Ripped away from me.

*** UNKNOWN POV***

I'm making my way to my new locker when the loud sounds of cheering has me lifting my head to look behind me. A little ways down the hall there was a small crowd gathering, kids laughing and cheering which can only mean a fight. I shake my head and turn, not wanting to get involved. Suddenly a very angry looking girl tears past me, bumping into me making my binder fall to the ground.

"LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" The girl shouts in fear pushing people out of the way to get to the center of the crowd where the fight was no doubt going down. She pushes past the last few people I am able to catch a glimpse at the boys inside. My heart stutters to a halt before kicking into overdrive as my eyes land on them. A boy, judging by his bulging muscles and burly shoulders was the star quarter back, was looming over a smaller boy and continued to kick beat and to my disgust spit on the smaller boy. The smaller boy did nothing to defend himself, he just curled up in a small ball, his chest to the ground like it was his life's mission to protect it. My vision fills with red as I drop my bag, taking off toward the boy, anger pumping through me.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I boom, making several students wince and flinch back away from me. Even in my anger my ego peaks. That's right, when I wanted to I could be VERY scary, my deep voice helping the affect. The students part around me and I finally make it to the quarterback. I grab the back of his shirt collar and violently rip him off the smaller boy, making him gag as the shirt chokes him. I spin him to face me, grabbing a fist full of his shirt and with one powerful punch hit him square in the jaw, releasing his shirt as he stumbles away from me. A dazed look flashes on his face before turning to pure hatred. I smirk as blood starts to ooze from his nose. "I said, Get away from him." I say dropping my voice to a low quiet threat. The boys eyes widen in shock like he cant believe someone is standing up to him. HIs friends grab his arms and pull him away. I watch them scamper away like the cowards they are before turning my gaze back to the smaller boy. He was starting to push himself up from the ground and the girl, his sister I believe, dropped to her knees and pulls him into a hug. When he looks over his sisters shoulder to look up at me my heart flips. I was staring at the most attractive guy I had ever had the pleasure of looking at.

***OLIVER POV***

"OH My God Oliver Are you ok? did he hurt your chest?" Jeremi sobs pulling me into another bone crushing hug, making me pull my gaze away from the highly attractive boy standing a little ways away from us. My sister and I may be b*****s to each other but we would always be there for one other no matter what. She was my twin, my other half. My first friend even before birth. I shook my head and winced when her hand hit a sore spot on my back.

"No he didn't get it." I croak out, "But if you keep hugging me that tightly you will." her arms instantly drop from me and she looks at me. I can still see fear lingering in her brown eyes and I look to the ground. I hated that look. I saw it every time I got hurt, and not just from her, but from my parents, and Kenna. Speaking of Kenna, I look up to see my best friend looking at the boy with suspicion. He was still staring at me with that shocked look. I look up at him and give him my trade mark smile, and I could have sworn I saw a blush coloring his handsome face before he shifted his look and a hard cold exterior replaced it.

"You ok kid?" He asks and I suck in a breath as his deep voice rumbles through me, reminding me of thunder during a storm. I nod and smile again, Letting Jeremi pull me to my feet. My knee gives out and I start to fall to the floor again. The boy dives toward me and catches me before I can fall. His grip is like steel as he waits for me to steady myself. "You gunna fall again?" He asks, his voice shockingly gentle. I look up into storm colored eyes and all words desert me. He stares back at me and his breathing hitches up.

"He's fine, Paws off my best friend!" Kenna's voice breaks the spell and a cold look settles back on his face as he lets go of me, stepping aside so Kenna and take his place. I finally find my voice and look up at him.

"Thanks um- I don't know your name." I say. He shrugs and turns to leave.

"Name's Rolland, Rolland Hopkins and Don't mention it." He says grabbing a bag and binder off the floor before continuing down the hall, disappearing around a corner. When he is finally out of my sight my heart slows down back to a normal rhythm and I sigh. Who the Hell was that kid?



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
Rolland :-D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on February 10, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing