Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***LUCAS POV***

I watch as Jeremi and Kenna Help Oliver off the ground and bring him to his car. My eyes wide with Shock. Holy S**t that was a big blow out. Oliver hadn't seen me follow him out there. The f****r thought he could say s**t like that and get away with it. I first heard Oliver scream to get away from his boyfriend and I had stopped in my tracks and press flat against the wall, peaking over the side to see what was happening. There were three of them Rolland, Oliver, and an older guy, probably in his early twenties. The older guy was clearing doing a mix of flirting and threatening. Next Oliver Threw a punch that connected with the guys face. Damn who knew that that scrawny kid could punch that hard! Then the guy glared at Rolland, saying something that clearly made Rolland freeze up, from where I stood I could see the horror spreading on his face as he watched the guy take off in a nice looking Jeep. Then the screaming started. Oliver went to go comfort Rolland when he suddenly he started to flip out. He started screaming his head off, yelling how Oliver just fucked everything up and now his brother was going to be taking away from him. Oliver went to go comfort him again and Rolland yanked his arm out of his grip telling him to not touch him and how he made everything worse. I watched as Oliver's eyes widen and fear spread on his face. I mean I know I'm an a*****e to the wimp but DAMN! that was his boyfriend frightening him. To be frank he was scary the s**t out of me and he wasn't even yelling at me. Oliver Screamed at him to stop shouting and Rolland got quiet. I couldn't hear what he said but the look on Oliver's face, well damn I could see his heart breaking. Rolland took off toward the Tim Horton's and Oliver collapsed to the ground in tears. It was during that time that I made a mad dash to my car, praying he didn't see me. I had just jumped in and shut the door when Jeremi and Kenna came rushing over to him. I wait until the car leaves before leaving the car and heading back into the building. I slip into the library and plop down on the futon couch in the back corner, the place where Jeremi and I hang out Studying. I pull my phone out and text her real quick.

TO: Jeremi :-)
Hey want to study in the library?

I get comfy, knowing she wont answer right away. She never texts when she was driving. The lunch period ended and I was heading to my locker to get my next three classes work when I get a text back.

From Jeremi :-)
Sorry Luc, Oliver and Rolland just broke up I
'm having much needed Twin time. Maybe tomorrow :-D

To Jeremi :-)
Oh s**t. Is the kid ok or something?

I shut my locker, nodding Hi to Arnold as he heads to our Anatomy class.

From Jeremi :-)
No, He's not fine. but thanks for asking. 
See I knew you were a nice guy :-P

My cheeks burn with a blush and I glare at the text. Me? Nice? Never. I just, I saw how upset the kid got, Don't want him doing anything stupid. Arnold and I get to Anatomy and take our seats. I get out my textbook and flip it to the page Mrs. Elkins had written on the board. The late bell rings and in walks Rolland, an expression mixed between panic and Anger crossing his face. He glares at me and slams his books down at the table behind me making me wince. S**t that dude was angry. Arnold looks at him and snickers.

"What's wrong f****t, Not able to get on your knees like a good boy at lunch?" He says laughing at his own joke. I try hard not to laugh. Rolland turns his dark eyes to Arnold and I shrink back at the murderous glare he gives him. Arnold pales and leans back.

"Are you always this pathetic or are you making a special effort today?" He growls. " I suggest that you turn around and leave me alone before I cave your skull in." He threatens. Arnold opens his mouth to say something but I smack him upside the head.

"Dude just leave it alone, I really don't want to clean up your blood when he beats you to a pulp." I say and flash Rolland an apologetic smile. He gives me a suspicious look before looking down at his text book. I turn my attention back to the front as Mrs. Elkins walks in to start the class. I tune her out and my mind wanders back to the fight I saw. Who was that guy? and why did Rolland freak out and break up with Oliver? Wait, Why the f**k did I even care? I shake my head. Damnit Jeremi was turning me to Mush. I peek over my shoulder and see Rolland scowling at his Cell phone, a look of intense regret plastered on his face. I chance a peak at the phone and see the text is from Jeremi. I cant see what it says but I can see the all capital letters so I can assume she was shouting at him. Possibly about Oliver. Oliver flashes in my head, the look of utter heartbreak on his face, the way his knees gave out and he crashed to the ground and curled up in a ball. Poor kid. Wait Poor Kid? POOR KID? F**K I use to beat the kid up just for fun! Why am I now starting to feel bad for him? Was it really what Jeremi told me months ago? That by beating him up I was acting like my parents? I knew she was right. That's why I hadn't laid a finger on the kid since. I couldn't help the remarks though, the kid got on my damn nerves. Snapping in my face drags me out of my thoughts and I look up, blinking in surprise. Rolland was glaring at me. 

"Would you mind keeping your f*****g eyes OFF my phone." He snaps giving me that murderous glare, Damn and I thought Jeremi had a scary glare. I give him a smile and shrug. 

"Don't know what you're talking about, Just zoning out." I say with innocence. He snorts like he doesn't believe me. 

"Then zone out looking somewhere else you a*****e." He snaps. I look in his eyes and behind the anger I could see panic, fear, and regret. "What are you looking at Lucas? Do I need to punch you in the face again for you to leave me the f**k alone?" He hisses making me wince. I put my hands up in surrender. 

"Listen just because you are having a s**t day does not give you the right to snap at me. I haven't done a Thing to you." Rolland lets out a small dark humorless laugh that makes me shudder.

"Lucas you have done Plenty to me. Don't try to make yourself blameless. I'm just waiting for the day Karma comes back and bites you in the a*s. By the way. Nice bruise, who gave it to you this time?" He says pointing to the bruise on my chin. I wince and rub it. My father had kicked me in the back of the legs, making me fall and hit my chin on the Tiled kitchen floor. All because I didn't buy the right spaghetti sauce for dinner. I shrug.

"My father is redoing the kitchen floors, tripped over one of his tools and fell." I say nonchalantly. He just grins a small smirk.

"Are you sure he wasn't the one who pushed you?" He says, the taunt clear in his voice. I look back at his face and recognized the look in his eyes now. He was looking for a fight. Looking for a distraction to keep his mind off the s****y life he had been dealt. I knew it all to well. I would catch it on my own face in the mirror, in the window, anything that had a reflection. I shake my head.

"No, pretty sure he wasn't even home at the time. And look. Don't start s**t with me just because you cant handle your s**t right now." I say, dropping my voice so only he could hear me. I turn back around and focus on the Teacher. Finally the bell rings and I grab my things, bee lining it out of there and away from the boy giving death glares to my back. I swear there were two burn marks right in the back of my head from his eyes. I suffer through two more classes before the day decided to release me. Arnold walks me to my locker.

"Hey man what is with The f*g today? he was more hostile then usual?" He asks leaning against the locker next to mine, his backpack between his feet. I shrug.

"Who knows and who cares. the dudes Psychotic." I grumble, slamming my locker shut. "We heading to your house today?" I ask. He nods.

"Yeah I have to babysit Kelsey. Is Jeremi coming over?" I shake my head. In the past two months Jeremi had come over to Arnolds house with me a few times to study and hang out, turns out we both had a thing for old black and white movies. I had sworn Arnold to secrecy. So Far he hadn't said a word. 

"Nawh she has family s**t to do. Lets pick up some junk food before we head over." We head out to the student parking lot and I spot Rolland walking in the direction of his house. What the hell? The dude lived like half an hour away and he was walking? "YO ROLLAND!" I shout, cupping my hands around my mouth. Arnold elbows me in the side.

"What the f**k man?" He says staring at me like I've lost my mind. I shrug. 

"It'll take the guy forever to get home, lets just drop him off on the way to rite Aid." I say as Rolland turns around to glare at me. I drag Arnold over and we stop a little way in front of him. "Want a ride home? We're heading that way anyway." I offer, shoving my hands in my pockets grabbing my keys. He just gives me a suspicious look. I pull my hands out of my pockets and hold them up, showing him I only had my keys. "Cool man I come in peace. I just know that it will take you forever to get home." I grab Arnold and we head to my car. I call over my shoulder. "The offer still stands." I hear a sigh and a few curse words from behind me and hear his feet dragging, meaning he was following. Arnold just glares at me. 

"Why the f**k are we dropping him off? are we playing a prank or something?" He asks. I shake my head. 

"No, I just know how much it sucks to walk in this heat home." I say and reach the car. I unlock it and Arnold slumps into the passenger side as I get into the drivers side. We wait for Rolland to finally make up his mind and slide into the back seat, still a look a suspicion on his face. I roll my eyes and start the car, my music Screaming out of the speakers as the car comes to life.

"No secrets, deception for These would tear this down I'll note the past spare the pain Words match my deeds with brutal honesty Never forget These choices were made by me And I hear this calling still you don't seem so far at all And I hear this calling out" All that Remains Blares at me and I turn it up, looking in the rear view mirror to see Rolland singing along to the song. It was a good song, glad to know he had good taste in music. We listen to the song all the way through and the music switches to AFI Miss Murder, Arnold's favorite song which he turns up full blast, the music humming through my chest. We head to Rolland's house and Pull up behind a black ford focus. Rolland pales in the backseat.

"Oh No." He groans sinking lower in the car. "Do my a favor, Drop me off at the Rite Aid and I will slowly walk home from there." He says trying to hide from the windows. I look at him in the mirror with confusion. 

"Why would we do that. Just get the f**k out!" Arnold Snaps. I glare at him, kind of figuring who it was. I point at the car. 

"Social worker?" Rolland nods. I give him a small nod and pull away from the curb, Arnold's eyes bugging out. I pull out my phone and check it, making it look like I have a text. I look back at Arnold with an apologetic grimace. "Dude bad news, cant stay at your place tonight. My dad wants me home. I'll still get you junk food for you and Kelsey but then I got to drop you off." I say stuffing the phone back in my pocket. Arnold just grumbles and crosses his arms pouting. I roll my eyes and head to the Rite Aid Parking I toss Arnold my wallet and he leaps out, stalking toward the store to buy all the junk food his heart desires. Rolland opens the back door but I stop him. "Stay, I want to talk to you when Arnold leave." I whisper, looking at him through the rearview mirror. He glares at me. 

"And Why would I want to talk to you." He snaps, his body shaking as anger courses through him. He still had fight lurking in his eyes.

"Because I saw what happened at lunch." I simply state, Watching Rolland's face Pale, the fear and regret potent in his grey eyes. He opens his mouth to say something but shuts it as Arnold walks out of the store, two bags full of teeth rotting food in each hand. "Just stay." I whisper. I hear him mumble something like fine and looks out the window as Arnold slides in the car, tossing the bags in the back, not realizing he was still there. 

"Watch were you Throw your f*****g stuff you fucktard!" Rolland says smacking the head rest. 

"Hey watch the car! it didn't do anything to you!"

"Lucas why the f**k is he still here?" He snaps glaring at me. I roll my eyes and drive off toward Arnolds house, choosing not to answer his question. I turn up the music and we sing along to the words in silence. We get to Arnolds house and I laugh when I see his sister and mother in the front lawn playing. Kelsey spies my car and I could just faintly hear her squeal of happiness as she rushes to the car. I open the door and hold out my arms just in time, the little girl barrels into them and hugs me tightly.

"LUCAS!! YOU'RE HERE!" She cries kissing my cheek and hugging me again. I hug her back just as hard making her giggle. She peers into the back seat, a frown falling onto her five year old face. She points to Rolland, "Whose that? Where's your girlfriend?" She asks looking up at me with her big blue eyes. I blush. Jeremi was NOT my girlfriend! Though I wish she was. 

"That's Rolland, I'm bringing him home. I cant stay the night kiddo. And She's not my girlfriend, just a really good friend." I explain. Kelsey giggles and shakes her head. 

"NOT UH! She's your GIIIRRRRRRLLLLFFFRRRRRIIIIIEEEND  You give her puppy eyes and she gives them to you when you not looking." She says wiggling in my lap. I grunt and lift her up, placing her back on the ground outside the car. She pouts, tears forming in her eyes. Oh s**t here comes the water works! "Lucas Please Stay!" She cries tears pooling down her face, My chest tightened. I hate seeing this little girl cry. She was like my little sister as well as Arnold's. I give her a small smile and open my arms for her to barrel into again. I hug her back and kiss the top off her head. 

"I can't my dad needs me. But I'll tell you what. I will take you to go see that movie you wanted to see, Inside out? we can go tomorrow if that's ok with your mom." She lights up and runs to Mrs. Gordon who looks at me and nods. I give them a thumbs up before calling goodbye to Arnold. I Wait for Rolland to sit in the passenger side before taking off. We sit in silence as I zig zag my way back to his house, going slowly since I knew he didn't want to go back.

"What did you see exactly at lunch?" He whispers, not looking at me. I grimace. 

"I saw all of it, that older guy, Oliver punching him You freaking out on Oliver for no reason and then taking off." Oliver's heart broken face flashes in my mind. I pull out my phone and text Jeremi.

TO Jeremi :-)
Hey hows your brother doing? any better?

I get an instant reply.

FROM Jeremi :-)
No, He wont come out of his room, 
he's locked himself in there and blasting his music, I cant get in.
He's bad. really bad. I'm so afraid.

I swallow and toss Rolland the phone. He reads the message and his face pales before slipping into anger chucking the phone back at me. 

"Why should I f*****g care? I wont be seeing him ever again. Plus its his fault Allen's going to be taken from me." He says, his voice a low growl. I pull into the parking lot of the national park woods that was a block from his house and stare at him. 

"Why? Why would he be taken from you? DO you think Oliver will tell the social worker that you freaked out on him? He may be a wimp but I don't think he'd do that to you." Rolland gives that dark laugh. 

"Because that older guy you saw being punched by Oliver Is my foster brother. He will spin this whole thing and make it seem like I was the one who came on to him and punched him. They wont believe me with my track record." He laughs and glares at me. "You know I always thought it would be you to get Allen taken from me. I guess you got what you wanted in the end." He says glaring out the window. But I could see in his eyes that he was Terrified to loose his brother and suddenly Guilt hit me hard. The air driven out of my lungs as if my father had kicked me again. 

I could be Allen if Anyone ever found out about my home abuse. I could be the one who is ripped from my home and family and friends and be sent to who knew where. And here I was always threatening an innocent kid just because his older brother was an a*****e who pissed me off. F**K I was JUST LIKE MY PARENTS. All of this swirls in my head and I grip my steering wheel tightly. F**k F**k F**K! I close my eyes and breath, trying to calm the whirlwind in my brain. When I open them I stare at Rolland who had looked away from the window to stare at me, that guarded suspicious look in his eyes. I give him a small smile. 

"Even if he did. You have a witness to say otherwise." I say. He laughs. 

"They wont listen to Oliver. He was my boyfriend they will chalk it up to him just trying to protect me." he says miserably. I shake my head. 

" I wasn't talking about Oliver." 

"THEN WHO!" He shouts. I point to myself. 

"I'll Help you. I'll help you keep Allen." He stares at me, his mouth dropping open. 

"Why would you help me?" He asks hesitantly.

"Because your brother doesn't deserve to be ripped away from you. I'll help you. though only if you help me with something."

"With what?"

"I'll tell you later." He mulls it over then sticks his hand out. I slide my hand in his and shake it. 

"Lucas Carver, You have yourself a deal."



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
What do you guys think? willt his end badly

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing