Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

**OLIVER POV***

Everything Hurt. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my head hurt, but most of all, my chest felt like some evil sadistic person was sticking a white hot poker in it and twisting. I try to take a deep breath and the fire spills down my throat. Well F**k! I take a minute to asses my surroundings. I was laying down on an uncomfortable that much I could tell. The air smelt, Gross, like disinfectant. Great, just great. That means only one of two things. Either my mother has gone crazy bleaching everything again OR, I was in the hospital. And most likely it was the second option. 

"Is he awake yet?" Comes a rumbling thunder like voice from next to me. Rolland? 

"No not yet, Though, wait his heart monitor just jumped. Oliver are you awake?" Comes the familiar voice of my Twin. Curse you heart monitor and picking up my jumping heart at Rolland's voice. I hear a familiar snicker. 

"Yeah he's awake, He's blushing and his heart picked up the same time Rolland spoke. He is Deffinatly awake." Kenna says snickering again. Whelp I guess My sleep act is over I open one eyes and hiss as bright light hits it, quickly shutting it again making all three laugh. My quickening pulse registering on the heart monitor again as I heard the low thunder of Rolland's laugh. Opening my eye again I peak out to my left to see my three favorite people stare at me with amusement on their faces. Jeremi was sitting down, Kenna in her lap and Rolland was leaning against the window, his arms crossed, his hair falling into his stormy eyes hiding them from me. 

"Wha-" I stop wincing at the pain burning at my throat. I point to the small pitcher of water next to me and Kenna leans over to pour me a glass. I take it with shaky fingers and take a sip, wincing at the pain. I clear my throat. F**k! that hurt!. "What happened?" I croak out as I hand the cup back to Kenna. Rolland looks out the window refusing to look at me. That's strange. "Rolland?" I whisper. He pushes a hand through his hair, the light catching the Dark purple. 

"I was heading to the bathroom when I found you passed out in the stair well. You woke up long enough to say ' he got my chest' and then passed back out." He stops and takes a deep breath, " I ran to my class and got Kenna who got the nurse and Jeremi. they got a hold of the ambulance and your parents" His voice grows quieter and I see his fists clench, his body starting to tremble and I know he is trying to keep his temper down. I give him a small smile when he shoots a look at me. 

"My Knight in red armor." I say smiling my toothy grin when he blushes. A cough from beside me has me looking over a Jeremi. Her eyes were red and puffy and I look down, knowing she had cried over me. "so-sorry sis" I whisper. I hear her snort. 

"If you weren't in enough pain I would punch you." She says and then throws herself at me, hugging me gently careful not to touch my chest in her otherwise bone crushing hug. I wrap my arms around her and hug her back as tightly as I can, Finally noticing the IV stuck in the inside of my elbow. NEEDLES YIKES! Thank goodness I had been unconscious for that! I smile when she shifts, curling up on the small bed next to me. 

"Why am I not surprised you managed to find a way to curl up on that small bad?" Jenna says laughing. Jeremi just glares at her and rests her head on my shoulder. I rest my chin on the top of her head, wincing at the small pain there. And the Memories Flood back. LUCAS AND ARNOLD! Lucas had hit me in the chin and then had Arnold hold my arms as he delivered a harsh blow to my chest. Last thing I remembered was praying for someone to find me. I look over at Rolland and catch his eyes. "we need to talk" written all over his face. I Swallow, Shiiiit what did I tell him in my half unconscious state? Kenna catches the look and nods, tapping Jeremi's shoulder making her stir. 

"Mimi Come on lets go find your parents and tell them he's awake." she says dragging my twin off the bed and out of the room. She looks back at us. "You've got half an hour." She says and closes the door. I look back at Rolland who is once again looking out the window. 

"Rolland please look at me." I whisper. He shoves a hand through his hair again and reluctantly pushes away from the window, dropping into the now Kenna free chair. He lifts his stormy eyes to me and I pale at the emotions swirling in them. Fear, terror, Rage, Regret, and something else I couldn't quite place. 

"You scared the s**t out of me Oliver." He sighs and I look down, guilt eating at me. I try to shift but wince as pain flares in my chest. Stupid medical condition . why must you always get in the way.  "I thought, I thought you were going to" He doesn't finish and my eyes fly up to his, trying to reassure him with a toothy grin.

"I'm too adorable to die." I say wiggling my eyebrows at him. He just glares at me, fury flashing like lightening in his eyes and he jumps up, fist clenched, body trembling.

"You think this is funny? I found you passed out with blood on your chin in the stair well! You couldn't even stay awake!" He roars, his voice booming and bouncing off the walls in the small room. I wince and shrink back in slight fear. Holy s**t this kid had a temper! His face pales and all anger drains out of his eyes as he slumps back down in the chair, his eyes cast down. " What would have happened if I hadn't gotten there when I did? what if I had gotten there too late?" He whispers shaking his head. "What am I saying I already got there to late. If only I had gotten there earlier I could have stopped them." He says guilt tinging everything he said. I reach my hand out and place it on his forearm stopping his guilt rant. He looks up at me and I suck in a breath at the emotions in his eyes. 

"Hey you found me. you got me help. That's more then I could have asked for. "I says squeezing his arm. He looks at my hand, uncertainty shifting in his features. "What's wrong?" I ask. He gives a humorless laugh. 

"You're the one in a hospital bed hooked to an IV and you're asking ME what's wrong?" He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I grin.

"Having a near death experience makes a boy considerate of others." I shrug. He shakes his head. 

"If you had.... I would never know what it was like." He whispers, his eyes boring into mine. I just look at him with confusion. HUH?


*** ROLLAND POV***

Just do it Rolland, Just admit it. Tell him your feelings! Stop being a p***y and say it. its not hard! my brain shouts at me as I stare into his confused face. 

"You would never know what, what was like?" He asks, prompting me to say something. My heart slams against my ribs and my hands start to sweat. S**t! I've had boyfriends before, I was somewhat of a player back in the day, knowing the relationships would never last and just having fun. But Oliver. Hell I've only known him  oh I don't know for about what a week and already I was starting to have feelings for him that were strong.. Too Strong too soon. But I couldn't shake them. Kenna knew, Jeremi knew, hell even Allen knew! "Um Rolland you're doing it again, you're staring." He giggles snapping me out of my thoughts. I clear my throat. 

"I'd never know what it would be like to be your boy-" I stop suddenly, thinking this was a bad Idea. I couldn't get this close. What happens if I get shipped to a new home soon? By the small gasp that leaves him I can tell he knew were my thoughts had been going. I look down. I so didnt want to see the rejection on his face. My eyes flash to my arm when I see him take his hand away, only to weave his finger through mine and tug forcing me to look up at him. I am met with a big white Toothy grin on his handsome face. 

"If you were about to say what I think you were about to say. Then Yes, Yes I will be." He giggles and my heart kicks into overdrive. He will? I give him a lazy smile and look at our hands. He giggles again before coughing, taking his hand away to cover his mouth. I jump up and grab a box of tissues, tearing two out of the box and handing them to him. He takes them and puts them to his mouth, but not fast enough for me not to notices the blood staining his lips. He quiets down and wipes his mouth, dropping the tissues into the waste can I held up for him. He points to the glass of water and wordlessly I hand it to him, taking it back once he had downed the remaining water. He settles back down and I ease myself back into the chair, alert just in case he needed something else. He reaches over and I don't hesitate to weave my fingers with his. "DO I get a repeat of last night? Because I have been dreaming of doing that again all day and night?" He says sheepishly. I laugh. You weren't the only one Oliver. I stand up and lean over, until our faces were just mere inches away, our lips practically brushing against each other. 

"were you now?" I ask seductively making him shiver as my breath washes over him. His golden eyes widen and he nods in a small jerky movement. I smirk and let my lips linger over his, teasingly. His heart monitor screams at us and I know its only a matter of minutes before a nurse or his family come rushing in to see what is wrong. I don't hesitate any longer and Crash my lips onto his, the monitor reaching new heights of screeching. His lips were soft under mine and worked with me hungrily. I bite his lower lip and he opens them granting my tongue access to his mouth. I brush my tongue against his and smirk when I hear a small moan escape him. He wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me closer, running his hands through my hair, tightening their grip. I growl and tear away from him as dirty thoughts claim my mind, too inappropriate for someone in the hospital. He opens his eyes and I am shocked to see the wild lust dancing in his eyes. We broke away just in time. Just then his Hospital door opens and his family rushes in to see why the monitor was freaking out. His doctor right behind them. Kenna bursts out laughing when she sees our blushing faces and Jeremi just shakes her head. His parents stop short and look confused, until I see realization dawning in his mothers eyes. She smiles softly. 

"Hey mama." He says quietly, him too seeing the knowing look. She smiles and walks over to him, bending down to give his forehead a kiss. 

"Don't you EVER scare me like that again do you hear me?" She says, her voice wobbly with motherly love. A Pang of jealously shoots through me but I squish it down. Now is NOT the time to get jealous. I feel a nudge on my right shoulder and look up to see Kenna staring at me. She tilts her head to the door and I nod, getting up and following her out of the room, giving the family some privacy and having privacy of our own. 

"Lets go get some food in the cafe, I'm starving." She says grabbing my wrist and giving me no choice but to follow as she drags me to the elevators. The cafeteria was in the basement and we step into the elevator, shooting down when she presses the bottom floor. "You kissed." She says. Not a question but a fact. I nod opening my mouth to speak. "Which means I can safety say you are now dating." She says before I can speak. I nod again. She spins around to look at me and takes a step closer. "Good then I have two requests for you." 

"What?" I ask instantly on guard. 

" Number one, Do not under any circumstances hurt his heart or I swear when I am through with you they wont even recognize the body." She says in a low and dangerous voice. Chills run down my spine. Damn this chick is scary. She holds up a second finger. "Number two, Kick Lucas Carver's a*s so badly  they wont recognize HIS body when YOU are through with him. Do I make myself clear?" I stare at her wide eyes. This chick was CRAZY! "WELL?" She snaps making me flinch but nod quickly. Her scary posture relaxes and she gives me a wide smile, looping her arm through mine as the elevator doors open. "Good, now that that is out of the way I can tell we are going to have an amazing Friendship!" She says dragging me to the lunch room. I shake my head. Oh Brother what have I gotten myself into. A smile spreads on my face. I was dating Oliver Flint, The kindest most amazing boy I had ever had the pleasure of meeting.. 

***OLIVER POV***

I Grin into the dark. ME Oliver Isaac Flint Was dating The hottest guy in school. Rolland Hopkins! And that's not even Why my heart was fluttering. He wasn't just hot! he was also the most tortured yet gentlest soul I had ever seen. One only had to look in his eyes to see that even though he had a hard life he was still fighting to become better then what has been thrown at him. The proof was in the way he was with his brother. Sure he had anger issues but hell so did I before I had found where I belonged and got help to control it. I just couldn't believe that Rolland was my boyfriend. Was I the luckiest boy or what? I wince as Jeremi shifted in the bed with me. I look down at her. Jeremi curled up this way reminded me of all the times she would crawl into my bed when we were younger and still in the system. Whenever I got hurt she was glue herself to my side and not leave until she knew I was ok again. The nurses thought it was so sweet that my twinny was so over protective of me. Me? I thought it was highly annoying, but lovable. 

It was later that night and due to some swelling in chest cavity, or lack of, My doctor, Dr. Raymond, wanted me to spend at least one night in the hospital for observations. Then I got a whole seven days off from school to recuperate. WHOOHOO maybe my Harry potter condition was a good thing after all? Aw who the hell was I kidding, It Sucked with a capital SUCK! I try to get comfortable in the bed, trying not to wake up Jeremi in the process and close my eyes. Tomorrow I would be home. Tomorrow I would be able to see Rolland again. And with that on my mind I fall into a very uncomfortable sleep, Only to be woken up every two hours to make sure I was ok.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
AWW THEY ARE DATING... FINALLY

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on February 10, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing