1

1

A Chapter by A Tariq

I can’t believe I’m finally getting married in a matter of hours, isn’t it lovely to get married to the man who you’ve been dreaming of since you were a child? I know that every girl dreams of prince charming that will change her life forever, well young girls grow up and get married and it’s my time now. Mum had been exciting for the whole week and she has been calling every member of the family about that day, the house was chaotic that day however my mum is a neat freak she likes everything to be organized and all. It was ten in the morning and I felt quiet nervous because the make-up artist was late but the most important thing �" the dress �" was there so I tried to calm myself down. Mum entered the room with a cup of coffee with a beaming smile “I can’t believe I’d live till this day” I didn’t smile or anything just hugged her and I took the cup from her. I felt weird I don’t know how to describe that feeling but, I was anxious. I don’t know exactly what was wrong with me that day, I tried to smile as much as I can to be honest but I forced it… it was really a forced smile. Chantelle and Gracie were staying over and they just came to my room once they heard me talking to mum “Here comes the bride.. here comes the bride woooo” I can tell they were happy for me - How funny the three of us had been friends for ten years now �" Mum stroked my face “What wrong with you Summer?” �" I never liked my name but nobody chooses his/her name right?- “Nothin’ mum just wish dad were here you know” it was a lie, well he passed away five years ago and I miss him but, that wasn’t the reason for my nervousness to be frank. I just didn’t tell her anything I kept smiling and kissed her cheek. Heidi shouted “Wayne you lucky b*****d!” I giggled a bit when she copied his Geordie accent that really bothers me. Well sometimes I don’t get what he’s telling me especially when talks fast but, I guess it doesn’t matter when you’re deeply in love with someone, he’s ripped, handsome, caring, always nice to me and to mum and it’s all that matters. Actually the whole thing started four years ago once my dad died and he came from Newcastle to London to see his mate and we met by chance then my spell worked. We kept seeing each other quite much and I actually felt I was being myself when he was around. After two years we had been in that phase when you ask your other half “what would we name our kids?” �" I know it’s silly but yes we’ve been there- Ellie? No Millie? No Lily.. What if it’s a boy? Bobby? No Bill, we decided to let it with the flow later. We both decided to move to Greenwich which is not far from my mum’s place �" she lives in Dulwich �" It was all about time to marry that lovely chap.

Two hours later when the make-up artist left and made me look like a clown however Chantelle kept saying “You look gorgeous, doll” I called twice Wayne but he didn’t answer �"he always picks up the phone �" I was worried but, I kept telling myself he was busy with the wedding stuff and all so it wasn’t the proper time to call him.

Four hours left for the wedding and, it’s situated in the Langham Hotel around Regent street if I’m not mistaken. He wanted it to be a fancy wedding which I found it quite ridiculous to spend that much quid in one night, I didn’t even want a wedding because I don’t really like the fact to invite people over to talk about your dress or about your house you’re going to live in, I couldn’t deal with the fact that over ninety persons will keep staring at me for a couple of hours �" it was really irking me �" so, I tried to shake it off. I’ve never liked attention in my whole life even at school I felt eerie weird when all eyes were on me whilst walking in late for class, hated it more in crowds.. Just uncomfortable I swear. I’m not that claustrophobic but I just don’t like when people look at me. I kept looking at myself in the mirror with my dress on my own after all the awkward compliments from Gracie and Chantelle. A couple of questions kept popping up in my head “Am I ready to be married? Is it too late to ask this question? Why am I nervous? Do I look so thin? Will he love me forever?”

He finally called and I picked it up after the second ring “Oi why didn’t you call me?” he laughed a bit “Babe you k’no I was ruddy busy.. I’ll ‘ave ya in a matter of hours, missed me?” I imagined him winking when he said that “Yes, very”

Minutes later Gracie got the red bottomed wedding shoes �" Louboutins �" out from the shoe box, Gracie and Chantelle bought the pair of shoes two weeks ago for me which was frankly so nice of them because I couldn’t believe the price tag that they forgot to remove. I looked so “Not me” with the wedding dress and the make-up and the shoes and all maybe because I wasn’t into all that girly stuff and loved being a tomboy? �"I’m not that manly though- just not into wearing dresses. Thank god it wasn’t raining on that day or I would be a lunatic bride on this special occasion.

I could hear his voice, he was downstairs with Gracie, Chantelle and mum.. They were waiting for me and the limo was waiting outside the house and I told myself “Why am I staying alone here? I’m ready” my phone rang and I didn’t know whether to answer or totally ignore it.. The phone didn’t show who was the caller it was just a number.. A weird one like only 4 digits. I picked it up but there was no answer I was able to hear somebody was blowing some air “Maybe it’s a wrong number” I turned off the phone and left it at home “Everything is gonna be alright, Everything is gonna be Alright!” 



© 2015 A Tariq


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on September 4, 2015
Last Updated on September 4, 2015


Author

A Tariq
A Tariq

Cairo, Egypt



About
i'm business student who's obsessed with reading and London more..

Writing
2 2

A Chapter by A Tariq


3 3

A Chapter by A Tariq


Summer Summer

A Book by A Tariq