2

2

A Chapter by A Tariq

Here I am going downstairs �" Mum was staring at me as if it was the first time to see my face �" Gracie and Chantelle were holding mum’s hands once I smiled. She stroked my face and mumbled “My beaut.. Beautiful Summer” to be honest I’d never believed in feelings in emotions and I barely cry but, that day was exceptional. I frankly can’t believe I made it downstairs without breaking my neck, it was impossible to walk with those shoes �" I don’t know why women prefer to be classy than comfortable, that’s why I hate high heels- I know I can’t wear trainers in my wedding but you know I wished I could break the rules and be that unconventional bizarre bride. Chantelle and Gracie hugged me like we used to do in those college days that I really miss. I grabbed mum’s arms and here we are going to the limo. She kept looking at my face “What’s wrong darling?” I shook my head “nothing, you know what happened last night!” she grabbed my hand and whispered “Everything will be alright, just don’t ruin your best moment of your new life? Please?” her smile was soothing and beautiful at the same time. Gracie was on her best behavior in the limo which was weird, she’s that kind of girls who drink five bottles of raw vodka �" Rank I know �" and never remember what even happened last night. She was sitting next to Chantelle they were talking about something that I wasn’t able to listen but I was bloody sure they were talking about me. I kept thinking about my new life and the consequences I’d encounter, well I know I’m not that wild adolescent anymore who goes out on Friday and drinks and all that. Why was I really that nervous? We’ve been together for almost five years and I know him well so why am I that nervous? I repeated the same question in my head and mum thought that I was ignoring her little talks before the wedding.

  It took us around thirty minutes to reach St Margaret’s church �" Uncle Walker was waiting outside suited and booted- he gave me a warm hug however it’s been like a month since I saw him, he didn’t say anything but “You’re finally getting married you little ladybird” I have no clue why he used to call me that when I was a kid, I don’t care and I hated it anyway. Mum sighed “Hello Joe” it wasn’t a quite warm greeting I know but I was sure they had a fight or something. He grabbed my arm and we were getting inside. All eyes were on me that day �" I swear all those creepy looks gave me the creeps I couldn’t handle it �" I tried to shrug all those faces and focus on my man. He was standing there waiting for me in his black suit �"he looked attractive in formal wear- I was walking and walking to reach him. His smile was enticing and I couldn’t resist staring at him once Uncle Walker handed me to him “Y’ Look gorgeous” he kissed my forehead and I always loved it when he did that for the past four years. I didn’t even look at anyone but Wayne, I didn’t look at anyone behind me or at any of those faces that were looking at me since I stepped my feet inside the church. The priest started to talk “Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony…” I almost daydreamed whilst the priest was talking I wasn’t paying attention at all to be frank. “Now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace” and he kept talking, talking and talking “Wayne, do you take Summer, as your wife, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?” it took him three seconds to reply when his gaze left my face “I do” the priest looked at me this time “ Summer, do you take N., as your husband, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?” No I don’t I’m just wearing this dress and came here to say no “I do” I didn’t pay attention to the rest of the words but all I was sure about is that I was officially Mrs. Clark. He kissed my lips and we went back to the limo.

Nothing happened much in the limo but he mumbled and kissed me “Sorry about yesterday” I almost forgot about to be honest, I couldn’t let a small fight ruin my best day in my life. I know it was a bit awkward to fight straightaway before the wedding.

If you asked any woman “Did you enjoy your wedding day?” she’ll say “yes” before you even finish the question. I didn’t like my wedding however it was quite posh and everybody enjoyed it �"but me- I hated the stares, I hated everything to be honest until Wayne grabbed my waist and we started to dance.

Later I was quite sure that Gracie would get steaming �"drunk- and start to dance randomly with Jeff that lad who I don’t feel comfortable when him and I were breathing the same air. People made toasts and of course I can’t forget Uncle Walker’s toast when he lifted his glass and started to say “Ladybird” over than eight times in one sentence. Guests started to take photos with their phones and instantly I remembered that person who had been ringing me all morning. Well it wasn’t a proper time to think about that now.

“New York, we’re going to New York” it was the ninth time to say that statement that day, I don’t know why they were making a fuss about the place I’m going with my husband. It was New York yes, we’d been dreaming about going there for ages and now the moment had come. Wayne’s mum wasn’t quite happy I don’t know why she didn’t even hug me that day, I swear she treats her servant way better than she did. I didn’t care that much to be honest. His dad is the nicest person I’ve ever met in years “Please call me Keston” I knew that once he told me to call him by his first name, I know it was weird but he was being friendly innit.

I smiled naturally this time once I saw my hubby’s face, we were heading back home to grab our luggage �"and the phone- which I found a weird text on it……



© 2015 A Tariq


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

56 Views
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015


Author

A Tariq
A Tariq

Cairo, Egypt



About
i'm business student who's obsessed with reading and London more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by A Tariq


3 3

A Chapter by A Tariq


Summer Summer

A Book by A Tariq