3

3

A Chapter by A Tariq

It said “I Know you and I’ll follow you wherever you go” I was trembling, actually I trembled every time I read that text �" I had read it a couple of times �" I tried to figure out the identity of the sender but I couldn’t. I was about to block the number but I told myself I should call this number first. Again no answer �" he/she picks up the phone but no words �" I was able to hear that person breathing though. I blocked the number and I just let it go. I kept telling myself maybe it was Gracie because she likes to prank people �" one day she called Tesco and told them she was pregnant because her lad used a bad quality condom �" she loved some banter. I deleted the text and turned my mobile off; I just wasn’t in the mood for some drama on my honeymoon I swear. Wayne wanted us to go to Heathrow with our wedding clothes �" basically the dress and the suit �" but I told him I didn’t feel comfortable so that’s why I told him to get me back home to change my clothes and put on something comfortable. Well I hadn’t worn the dress for even six hours �" shame on me �" I put on my favorite short shorts and a plain white t-shirt, thank god it wasn’t raining. Wayne changed up and he looked dashing with his black shirt. Mum was downstairs with Wayne and they’re having this “I can’t believe she got married” talk. I took a look in the mirror in my bedroom and I couldn’t believe how pale without make-up, well seemed like looking like a clown was a great idea. I don’t even know why I was acting so rude and weird that day, everybody was chuffed for me but I didn’t have a clue why I was being evasive, even my kisses to Wayne were quite.. I don’t know how to describe it but they were harsh not full of love. Was that the way a fresh new bride should deal with her husband? I guess not but I was being reluctant lately �" not my fault though �" I hugged mum and she told us to have a great time and not to smoke. I’m not a smoker to be honest but I have blasts when I’m nervous or overthinking so it was a perfect occasion to do so and I bet she saw the ashtray in the kitchen so she knew that I was the one who had some cigarettes. It wasn’t a difficult task to hail a cab around Dulwich, On our way to the airport there were butterflies in my stomach, I didn’t feel well about that text and I kept thinking about the reason for sending it to me, maybe it was my ex but it couldn’t be, he’s been married for four years now and he got a kid �" Adam or Allan I can’t remember �" or maybe it was Nathan �" my brother, he’s younger than me by two years. he was  in Nottingham doing his postgraduate diploma or something I wasn’t interested in - Wayne stroked my face and whispered “Are you alright? You seem worried about something” I forced myself to smile “nothing” I guess I said New York, nothing and thank you way too much that day. “Let it go, Summer” I kept telling myself that, and actually I felt uncomfortable when I said my name in my head, when I used to go to school they used to make fun of name by making silly jokes like “Oi Summer, it’s October you’re still there” “Summer, the weather is awful today” I can’t remember who named me Summer, I just don’t get the gist of it.

Heathrow, Terminal 3 our destination. It took us almost fifty minutes to reach the airport and there was still time about 2 hours till boarding. I couldn’t believe that I had to fly for eight hours to get to New York, I hated flying I really don’t like it until this moment especially whilst landing. I left Wayne and told him I’ll buy something �" it was a lie, I didn’t have any money �" I just wanted to walk a bit, the airport is huge so I told him to call me so I can get back for the flight. Of course I had to turn on the phone. Thankfully I hadn’t received any weird text messages from that morbid person because I blocked him. My instincts said that he was a man so that’s why I said “Him” my phone rang and I couldn’t believe it would be Wayne that fast because I just left him ten minutes ago. I was shocked, they were the same identical digits I blocked earlier that day, but that time they were 9990 instead of 9999. I was shaking; I didn’t know should I block it again or pick It up or just get back to Wayne and turn my phone off again? I did the three choices, first choice of course the person didn’t say a word but this time I was able to hear noises, choice two yes of course I blocked him again, and finally choice three I got back to Wayne running as if I saw a monster. He was reading a copy of Hello! Magazine �" on the cover they said the duchess had another baby �" Wayne threw the magazine to the seat next to him “Babe you look ghastly” I tried to convince him that it was nothing but he kept me saying that he wanted to know, so I told him about that number and he thought it was Sean �" my co-worker and things went touchy with him before but I stopped him �" Sean was one of the reasons that Wayne wanted me to stop working and stay at home and I told him we would talk about that later when we get back from the honeymoon but he was livid and he made me terrified and it wasn’t the suitable day to fight, just a day before the wedding.. Great isn’t it? And now he told me to turn off my phone and also he told me that he’ll buy me a new number later. That was the only solution to be honest. I kissed his cheek and he kissed mine again and again. A couple of minutes later the screen showed that our flight to New York is at gate B-27.

All sorted and I really wanted to shut my eyes for a few hours or something, I didn’t have any sleep before the wedding and once we found our seats on the plane I put my head on Wayne’s chest and started to sleep. I was really tired that I could sleep for twenty two hours; I know I’m exaggerating but I was exhausted. And yes it was happening. I started to sleep



© 2015 A Tariq


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015


Author

A Tariq
A Tariq

Cairo, Egypt



About
i'm business student who's obsessed with reading and London more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by A Tariq


2 2

A Chapter by A Tariq


Summer Summer

A Book by A Tariq