Tempted

Tempted

A Story by Phantom Heart
"

This is something I wrote down in the midst of a trial. I was sorely tempted but with God's help I over came it. This is dedicated to Him.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Tempted.



The armies of temptation are advancing quickly. They close in around me. My forces are dwindling. I can see the moment they will fail. I see the moment my resistance will crumble. Then I will be forced to bow before the enemy. The moment I fall is coming. I throw the remnants of my tattered resistance between me and temptation. My hope shattered as my defense is quickly cast aside. Temptation sweeps through my ranks. I can see the moment coming. Temptation charges, the rapture of victory growing at every moment. I can see the moment; it is soon to be at hand. They are yet vast in numbers. My ruin is before me, and temptation will strike no bargain. I am to be cast down. There is but one man left before me and temptation. There is no hope. The moment has come. The man puts his hand into the air. Temptation stops. All is quiet. They wait for the man to speak. He says only two words, “Leave here.” Temptation, at the pinnacle of its glory, turns and strides away from its victory. I am aghast at this thing I have just seen. Who is this man? Who is my savior? Who is my deliverer?

© 2009 Phantom Heart


Author's Note

Phantom Heart
I wrote a similar poem called Lust; if you liked this you might want to check it out.



Reviews

Yes, this could surely be the preface for a book. Thank you for recommending it, the emotions that you portray are brought to the readers mind very well in this and the "Lust" piece. I will look for the Man of whom you speak the next time I am tempted.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. I hope that you plan adding more to this. I am interested in seeing how everything turns out. This proves that one does not need a teacher! Well done!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Dear Phantom Heart,

I enjoyed reading this, and think that you write really well. Obviously one doesn't need the technical language to be a good writer. An interesting read. Look forward to more subs.

Jackie

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice. I really hope this is going to be a full fledged book. It's very good.
I must say, your descriptions are amazing. You set the mood well and your use of a metaphor to describe the whole scene is really interesting. I encourage you to keep writing like this. Good work. I look forward to reading more by you.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2009
Last Updated on February 12, 2009

Author

Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

Coal City, IL



About
I really would like to become a better writer in order to express myself clearly. I am looking for lots of constructive criticism. I haven�t had anyone teach me how to write, so I have jus.. more..

Writing