Tanya/Skarlet (Mortal Kombat)

Tanya/Skarlet (Mortal Kombat)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A video-game aficionado re-presents his analytics-diorama of two warrior-avatars from Mortal Kombat exemplifying modern graphic dread-lock(s)!

"
A civilization 'portrait' (quite artistic!) of what makes the iconic (if controversial!) video-game series/franchise Mortal Kombat reflective of modernism distances. Enjoy, 
----
====

I've been creating a special video-game graphics analysis set of the iconic and very violent Mortal Kombat franchise, a combat-heavy series featuring very unusual warrior 'avatars' like Raiden (god of lightning) and Baraka (blade-arm gargoyle of piercing blood murder) engaged in forms of ultimate games of undeniable daring. This video-game has been labeled as extremely controversial despite arguably extra-ordinary forms of choreographed martial-arts and weaponized fighting tactics youngsters simply adore these days. I've been composing this analytics project during the Coronavirus-quarantine, which has afforded me the 'excellent' chance to create a nerdist-view on the nature of modern toys/graphics. I consider myself a Coronavirus 'doctor' of Mortal Kombat!



Well, as it stands, this Mortal Kombat analysis involves two primary female warrior-avatars I'm specifically dissecting in the evaluations of violence in video-games, martial-arts aesthetics in modern entertainment/media, and the designs of fighting in 'computer-intensive' forms of very sensory-drenching action. The two warrior-princesses I'm looking at for this study are Tanya (an Egyptian-like banshee of defiance-arts) and Skarlet (a blood-heavy she-queen of bladed focus), both of whom capture the 'raw beauty' and controversial 'danger' of the iconic combat-themed video-game franchise which has lifted the Playstation/Xbox platforms to the levels of home-entertainment greatness. Tanya/Skarlet are the new Laverne and Shirley!



I'm constructing a 'hypothetical' scenario in which Tanya/Skarlet vie for the affections of a dashing liquid-mercury alien cop named T who's some distant relation of the Mortal Kombat police-man/fighter Stryker and wish to determine which of the two Outworld (the universe these 'avatars' find themselves as 'residents') sirens of action are best-suited as the idealized 'wife' of this shape-shifting cop-titan of pure magic. The goal is to determine if these two excellent she-warriors exemplify the nature of modern fascination with the designs of action-adventure which can cascade (quite naturally) into violence-artistry.



TANYA: I'm the better siren of governance decision-making, Skarlet.
SKARLET: I'm a genetic 'creature' of bladed fury, shrewd Tanya!
TANYA: Well, I think I'd make the better wife of 'T' because of my wit(s).
SKARLET: I'll make the better she-mate of 'T' because of my bloody humor(s)!
TANYA: Perhaps that's true, but which of us is more calculating about realistic politics?
SKARLET: Just because I'm a lab-trophy, I'm no idiot in social action, Tanya!
TANYA: I know that; however, I doubt you understand the masked nature of terrorism.
SKARLET: I'm knowledgeable about the 'raw dangers' of terrorism, Tanya.
TANYA: I can concede such a furious claim, but do you appreciate Earth-realm politics?
SKARLET: I understand the recruitment of women into the Irish Republican Army!
TANYA: Well, such a dilemma in Earth-realm speaks to the 'tragedy' of poverty-driven violence.
SKARLET: Well, I doubt you care of such things when you're simply climbing your ladders of power.
TANYA: I do what I have to do, and I do that simply to endure...and win!
SKARLET: I win too; I wonder how much 'T' would think you're sensitive about the Irish Republican Army.
TANYA: Even though I'm not as 'radical' as you, Skarlet, I too appreciate the 'graphics' of political depression!



With such a 'mock-debate' between these two sirens of Mortal Kombat, you might see why I'd want to reference such warrior-queens (Tanya/Skarlet) in the evaluation(s) of modern media investments in the aesthetics/fashion of customs, human imagination, and the commercial vanities of the marketplace. Why do we market such violent video-games as Mortal Kombat, so darn 'explicit' about the raw human emotion-palate/canvas when mothers of kids who play these intensive games worry their kids have become too 'absorbed' by this modernism lens regarding the 'dark magic' of capitalism?



TANYA: Perhaps we might share a power-ring (or two) as we compete for 'T' and his love!
SKARLET: I doubt everyone will 'care' about such a graphic contest, dear Tanya.
TANYA: You may be right; but these rings will symbolize our 'pledge' to remain vigilant!
SKARLET: What's the purpose/mission of such vigilance in Outworld, dear Tanya?
TANYA: It's all about gold...and divinity, furious Skarlet.



As this 'drama' in graphics-media plays out, I'll continue to use this Tanya/Skarlet dualism or 'axis' to evaluate the true nature of modern video-game entertainment...and its pure impact on civilization dowries. After all, don't we play games to better understand our 'true' distances? Tanya/Skarlet should be remembered, like Mortal Kombat, as a 'trophy-axis' for serious media-dance! Happy gaming, folks (and keep shopping!). I remain your 'nerdist' guide (and quarantine-tribulation 'goodfellow').

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on March 15, 2022
Last Updated on March 15, 2022
Tags: Video-Games

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Ronin-Bound Ronin-Bound

A Story by Abishai100