Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by Zephyair
"

Prelude. Enjoy.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Prelude.



 The sun stopped shining, the sky covered by black clouds.

  Birds stopped singing. Insects quieted.

  Lights flashed. Cars stopped. Computers crashed. Digital clocks began a countdown.

  24:00

 

  00:00

  The black clouds cleared, a red sky behind them.

  Black Sun and Red Sky.

  An eclipse? No, the sun was black. Giving off a strange light.

  The apocolypse? No, just the dawn of a new era.

  The black sun, a calling, an awakening, for the desendants. Waking tp the souls oof those few chosen people who's blood is strongest, mind is most powerful and heart is pure.

  In their blood, in their veins was nosferatu.

  At the sight of the black, coma took them.

  Digital clocks began the countdown once more.

  12:00

 

  00:00

  Screams of pain filled the air at hospitals. The awakening changing the chosen ones from the inside, out.

  The screams stopped, moniters showed doctors that they should be dead. Yet there in a hospital bed, sat a desendant, weither they knew it or not. They were unrecognizable from when they were admitted. 

  Test were done. Results unbelievable.

  No longer could they eat food. They appered to be food posion if they did.

  Soon they're hunger could no longer be contained.

  An innocent doctor or nurse. Perhaps even an unsuspecting visitor, became prey.Food.

  No one died though. They're instincts told them to stop.

  Bood was what they needed. Blood was what they got.

  They were dubbed vampires.

 

  There was one in a hundred thousand chances of be changed into one. There were only ten in Shore City.

 

  Vampire weren't the only thing unded to awaken.

  Zombies too crawled and clawed their way from their graves. They're bites infectous, like a plague.

  Wall and fences were set up around homes and cities. Town and settlements.

  Animals were attacked when humans were unavailable. Those animals became ghouls. Mutated animals, undead abominations. They were faster, stronger, and more intelligent than they're living kin. The ghouls were the real problem not the zombies. But they made the problem worse. 



© 2008 Zephyair


Author's Note

Zephyair
Say anything is there are problems. Hope you like this, I had to edit the other one.



Featured Review

I look forward to more. I enjoyed the new ideas. I would suggest that you pay closer attention to word choice. For example, "comatose" is an adjective, not a noun and "eminent" is a person who stands above others (they call the pope "your Eminence"). "Imminent" is the word you want (ready to take place, hanging, threateningly, over one's head).

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well it has my attention,good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow this is good exactly what im looking for.
keep up the good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I look forward to more. I enjoyed the new ideas. I would suggest that you pay closer attention to word choice. For example, "comatose" is an adjective, not a noun and "eminent" is a person who stands above others (they call the pope "your Eminence"). "Imminent" is the word you want (ready to take place, hanging, threateningly, over one's head).

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow...I must say it's better, though I did catch a few spelling mistakes. I feel inclined to ask whether or not your spell check is broken as well, lol.
Great job though

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on September 16, 2008


Author

Zephyair
Zephyair

Temiskaming Shores, Canada



About
Descendants has taken another turn for the better. Though I put it on hiatus for a while...a long while, its back. And with a new webcomic to compliment it...I think. more..

Writing
Informant Informant

A Chapter by Zephyair


Bind Bind

A Book by Zephyair


Alternate Worlds Alternate Worlds

A Chapter by Zephyair