Keep It Simple Chapter 1

Keep It Simple Chapter 1

A Chapter by Adler_Thomas

Why? Why did I have to go to a new school?  Why in the middle of the year?  Might as well print “NEW KID” on my forehead.  What did I do to deserve this?  Well probably punching Stacey Lynn in the face didn’t help the problem.  She had it coming.  Especially since she made fun of Marie’s family to her face.  Marie was my best friend since our first horse riding summer camp, so I had to do something.  Only if my parents saw Marie’s face, maybe then they would of understand.  They didn't so we all moved to small town USA and I was stuck at a new school.

I stepped in front of my mirror to give myself a once over.  Frowning I tried to tame my unruly blonde curly hair.  The curls came to my lower back.  It was a love/ hate relationship with my hair.  Today it was hate.  My eyes where a weird mx of green and blue and I was a healthy weight.  Running was enjoyable to me so i was able to keep in shape.  Giving up on my hair I looked at my outfit for the day.  A school with no uniforms was new idea for me.  What was I suppose to wear?  Plus a school with boys.  Transferring from an all girl school, this was a shock for me. 

I debated on just staying in my jammies, but mom would make me change before I left the house.  To save myself from an extra trip back to my room, I picked a nice pair of jeans and my favorite sweater.  Leather loafers and small pearls to complete the look.  Oh gosh, what if no one likes me.  Whatever, I can make it.  Just finish Junior year, then Senior year, then off to Yale. 

Sighing I walked to my book shelf in my room that was jammed packed with books.  More books where scattered across my room.  Why couldn’t I just stay home and read all day?

“Sage! Hurry up or you will be late!” Mom called form down stairs.  I grabbed my book bag and keys then headed down stairs.

“Oh honey, you look great for your first day! Hang on let me take a picture.”  Mom loved taking pictures.  It made her happy to look back in them and ‘Remember the good times’.  I wasn't in the mood for pictures, but it made my mom happy so I let her without protest. 

“I have to go mom.  Tell dad I said bye!” Mom gave a knowing look seeing how nervous I was.  She gave me a hug and a warm smile.  It was all I needed to calm me down.  I pulled back and shot to the garage.  I hopped in my white car and started the engine.  Here goes nothing.  I pulled out of the garage and drove down the long drive way. 

Looking back at my house in the review mirror I was still in awe how my parents found such a nice house in this small town.  It was set back in the woods and gave the privacy my parents loved.  My parents amaze me.

A short drive later I pulled into the school gates.  The parking lot was huge!  The school was huge!  I’m going to die.  I rolled through the massive parking lot looking for a spot to pull in.  Almost every spot was filled with lifted trucks or normal cars.  Students where hanging out by their car and trucks.  All of them looking at me with wide eyes and jaws dropped.  Maybe I can play sick and go home.  Then I saw a parking spot open up.  Son of a nutcracker.  I pulled in and got out of my car.  A group of guys walked by. “Damn, nice car,” One of them said.

“Thanks,” I said shyly back.  I waited till they passed and started my long walk to school.  “You drive a Mercedes Benz?” A girl sitting on a bed of a lifted truck asked me.  “Yeah?” was all I responded with and kept walking.  Why where people so surprised?  It was just a car.  My parents got it for me for all the “safety features”.  I was happy with walking but my parents insisted so I didn't fight with them. 

When I finally made it in the front doors of the school I found the main office.  The plump lady that sat behind the main desk looked up from her computer.  “I’m new,” I said to her.  “Sage Smith!” She almost yelled!  My face must of said how I felt.  “Oh goodness! I’m so sorry I didn't mean to freak you out!  Your transcript was so outstanding everyone in the office just remembered who where,” she continued.  Great.  First my car, now my intelligence.  I was already sticking out.  Exactly opposite of what I wanted.  The lady handed my class schedule and with a small smile I darted out of the office. 

Some students where looking at me whispering back to their friends.  I wanted to run away and hide.  Instead I just ignored them.  I can still just blend in and maybe they will forget about me.  I searched for my locker for what seemed like forever and when I finally found it I wanted to hug it.  I tossed my keys in it and took off to my first class.  College Calculus Room 303.  I ran up the stairs and found room 303 with ease.  Maybe this wouldn't be as crazy as I thought. 

When I walked in the room my face turned 3 shades of red.  The class was filled with seniors.  Of course.  I found a seat in the back of the class.  Pulling out my schedule I let out a small curse.  I was in all senior classes and ahead in everything.  School work wasn’t the problem, being a junior in all senior classes was though.  A third reason to stick out.  Stacey Lynn was right, she was getting the last laugh.  I wanted to jump out of the window.    



© 2015 Adler_Thomas


Author's Note

Adler_Thomas
Ignore grammar errors. I know its a mess but I had the idea and wrote it within a hour. What do you guys think? How can I improve? No mean comments please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was enjoyable to read. It feels like an early draft, but it's pretty good for that. Considering you said to ignore grammatical errors, I don't have much specific to suggest, though I would say that some of the character's thoughts seemed a bit jumbled together. Maybe try to make them a bit more clear. Altogether, this isn't bad. I like it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adler_Thomas

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! I will use your advice the next time I write!



Reviews

This was enjoyable to read. It feels like an early draft, but it's pretty good for that. Considering you said to ignore grammatical errors, I don't have much specific to suggest, though I would say that some of the character's thoughts seemed a bit jumbled together. Maybe try to make them a bit more clear. Altogether, this isn't bad. I like it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adler_Thomas

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! I will use your advice the next time I write!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Adler_Thomas
Adler_Thomas

About
No Adler isn't my real name. I shall remain unknown and let my imagination speak. more..

Writing