Keep It Simple Chapter 2

Keep It Simple Chapter 2

A Chapter by Adler_Thomas

When the lunch bell rang I found my locker to grab my lunch money.  Closing my locker I found several pair of eyes looking at me.  I’m starting to question if I had something on my face and I’ve been oblivious to it all day.  I made my way to the lunchroom.

Grabbing a tray the hairy lunch lady plopped a huge lump of brown goop on my tray.  Wow, that's disgusting.  I picked a water bottle from the ice box and made my way to find a seat.  What I found was peering eyes and whispers.  Seriously, this was getting ridiculous.  I decided to make the first move and to sit with someone.  I saw a group of girls chatting amongst themselves.  Tossing my hair over my shoulder and putting on my best smile I plopped down beside the girls.  “Hi! I’m Sage.” I said and extended my hand for a handshake.  All I got was blank stairs and fear.  They quickly scooted away from me. 

Oh God, what if I did have something on my face?  “Don’t pay them any attention.  They are freshman and are scared of everyone.”  A girlie voice told me.  I looked up across the table to see a fashionable dressed girl about my age, with long black hair looking down at me.  She gave a warm smile and sat down across from me.  She seemed nice and the only person who hasn’t acted like I had an STD.  “I’m Sage” I tried again and extended my hand.  “I know.  I’m Rusty,” she said as she shook my hand.  “Sorry about everyone in school acting funny,” Rusty continued.  “We haven’t had a new student in a while, especially one from New York!  You really made an entrance in your nice car too.”

“It’s just a car.” I said poking my mystery meat.  I could of swore it moved on it’s own.  I immediately pushed the tray away from me.  Looking up I caught a cold glare from and extremely blonde chick.  “If looks could kill I would be dead from that girl over there,” I nodded my head toward the direction of Miss Blondie.  “Oh, that's just Marcy Brooke.  She is just jealous because she was the most popular and richest girl at school before you.” 

“UGHHH!” I exclaimed.  “That’s exactly opposite if what I wanted.  Can I just disappear?”

“Well you don't always get what you want.” Rusty said as she shook her finger at me.  “So true.” I breathed.

The bell rang ending lunch.  Rusty and I stood up.  “I like you,” She said “We are going to be friends, I just know it!”  “I hope so,” I replied as we went our separate ways.  Stopping by my locker I grabbed a new binder and thought that this school might not be all that bad. 

School dragged on.  It was like Christmas morning when the final bell rang ending school.  I had to keep myself from running to my locker to grab my keys.  “Hey! Girl! Hey!” a noticeable voice rang.  “Hey Rusty” I replied when Rusty came closer.  We walked through the halls together as Rusty went on about people in school I didn't even know.

We stepped outside and stopped at the top of the steps.  I dark shadow drew my attention from Rusty.  He was tall and well built.   He carried himself with confidence.  Dark, black hair hung in his face, adding even more mystery to his look.  He must of known I was looking because he turned his gaze right on me.  Piercing gold eyes met mine.  I let out a small breath and felt my face turn red.  He gave a small laugh as I broke our gazes from embarrassment. 

Turning back to Rusty, she had a smug smile.  “Rowan looked at you! He is such a bad boy.  Don't you think he is so hot”  “No I don't!” I explained.  I didn't even know his name till five seconds ago.  He was handsome and my stomach did a back flip when he looked at me.  “Rowan is one of the hottest boys in school.  He is so mysterious and hot.”  Rusty looked back at Rowan.  I looked as well to see him pulling a black helmet on and mounted a black crotch rocket.  Black must be his favorite color. 

The bike roared to life and he road off.  The butterflies did a little jig in my stomach.  Rusty was beaming. “I’ll walk you to you car as long as you drive me to the football field for cheer practice,” Rusty said as she grabbed my arm and hauled me down the front steps.  Where did Rusty get all of her energy? 

The walk back to my car wasn't as long as it was in the morning since Rusty kept me company.  Seeing my car I, directed Rusty in the right direction.  I heard a roar of a motorcycle.  Oh for the love of everything that is good and holy please don't let it be the Rowan boy.  A black crotch rocket darted pass me and turned so tightly I really don't know how he didn't wreck.  The motorcycle stopped in front of my blocking my path.  The rider took of his helmet and found my self face to face with Rowan. 

“So, you are the girl that sent this school into an uproar.” His voice was deep and smooth.  All my insides went to jelly.  His golden eyes where even more striking up close.  Wait, who did this guy think he is?  Pulling a stunt so close to Rusty and I.  “Excuse you,” I said side stepping him.  “Hold up. I’m Rowan.” He dismounted his bike, pulled off his helmet, and blocked my path again. He was defiantly a head taller than me. “Sage,” I tried to get around him. I needed to get out of here before I said something stupid.  “Hang on!” He blocked my path… again.

“Stop that!”

“Stop what?”

“Not letting me get to my car!”

“I think your car can wait on you,”  He gave me a half grin.  Gosh my stomach did two more back flips.   “I saw you looking at me.” His smile grew with that statement.  My face began to heat up.  “Well I look at plenty of people on a daily.  Its called using your eyes.” I smiled at my own joke.  Rowan leaded closer to me.  “You know what I mean.”  He was so close now I could smell him.  It reminded me of a crisp autumn morning. 

Rowan leaned away with a low laugh.  He mounted his bike and pulled his helmet back on.  “I just had to meet the girl that made the school go crazy.  If I every catch you using your eyes on me again, which by all means please do, I won’t leave you so easily.”  He flipped his reflective eye shield down on his helmet.  Even though I couldn’t see his eyes, I could feel them on me.  Rowan turned on the engine and rode off.  Stunned I watched him leave.

“I think he likes you,” Rusty’s voice brought me back to earth.  “He never did that to any other girl before.”  Oh goodness, all I wanted was a quiet first day…

 



© 2016 Adler_Thomas


Author's Note

Adler_Thomas
Please ignore grammar, sorry. This is a just for fun story. I want Rowan to be paranormal, but I don't know what yet. Maybe a demon, a fallen angel? Any suggestions? No Vampires or Werewolves. No mean comments please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016
Tags: Chapters, Paranormal, teen, YA, Young Adult


Author

Adler_Thomas
Adler_Thomas

About
No Adler isn't my real name. I shall remain unknown and let my imagination speak. more..

Writing