Keep it Simple Chapter 3

Keep it Simple Chapter 3

A Chapter by Adler_Thomas

In the two short minutes it took me to drive Rusty to the football field, I learned more than I ever wanted to know about Rowan Paige.

            He transferred schools last year, but no one knows where he is from.  He lives in a loft in an old warehouse on the far side of town.  He is the star, wide receiver on the football team and is really the reason the football team has won the past couple of games.  He is the hottest boy at the school and every girl has thrown themselves he had turned them away.

            After I dropped Rusty off and drove home, Rowan kept crawling his way back into my thoughts.  He really was a mysterious character.  Those golden eyes felt inhuman.  I giggled at the though of him sparkling in the sunlight.  Okay I need to stop thinking about him, its unhealthy. 

            My thoughts remained off Rowan as I pulled into my garage.  “MOM! DAD! I’M HOME!” I yelled into the house.  My voice echoed around the house.  No response.  I dropped my bag by the door and padded into the kitchen.  A pink, heart shaped post it note was hanging on the fridge. “Charity function.  Won’t be home till late. Love you! Mom and Dad.”

            It looked like I had the night to myself.  I darted up stairs and ran to my room.  Flopping on my bed I picked up the book I was half way through.  Maybe I could finish it tonight.  Ah I love date nights with my books.

            CRACK! Hot fire shot through my body.  I fell to the floor under the pain.  I let out a small whimper and then just as fast as it came it was gone.  Curling on my side, I was left wondering what happened.  That was weird.

 

. . . . . .

           

            The moonlight was blocked out by a dark shadow crossing it.  With a thud, he landed on the top of the flat, steel roof.  His black-feathered wings stretched out wide to keep his balance from the hard landing.  Folding them behind his back he met the gaze of another fallen angel like himself.  “She has awoken, I felt it this afternoon.” The other man boomed.  “Aaron, I met her today.  She is so young and she has no clue! She would loose her normal life!”

            “Do you not remember who resurfaced just recently? Baal, if you have forgotten! He has already started to build an army. No doubt he felt her awaken today too!  Everyone felt the awakening and every evil spirit will be after her!”  Aaron stormed closer.  “She is just a girl!”  “A girl who is very powerful, Rowanoak!”  Aaron took a deep breath. “Keep watch over her.  If anything evil gets a hold on her, they will drag her to Hell.  Do you want her in hell?”

            Rowanoak turned around rubbing his temples.  His wings dragged behind him.  He could hear Aaron sigh.  “Meet here in a week and update me,” Aaron commanded and with a gust of wind, took off into the crisp night air. Why did I have to be assigned to her?  Rowanoak thought to himself.  With a few powerful strokes of his wings, he perched on top of the water tower.  Looking over the forest his thoughts kept wondering back to her.  She was beautiful and clueless to what she will become.  Clueless that she will have to die.

 



© 2016 Adler_Thomas


Author's Note

Adler_Thomas
Please ignore grammar problems, this is just for fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016


Author

Adler_Thomas
Adler_Thomas

About
No Adler isn't my real name. I shall remain unknown and let my imagination speak. more..

Writing