A New World

A New World

A Chapter by Adrian X Fuentess
"

another closet case

"
Through his bushy hair, John watches the drag performances, amazed by everything going on around. Men holding hands. Women holding hands. Girls on skates, smiling from ear to ear, wearing shirts that read DYKES ON ICE. Guys and their skinny jeans. Make up, glitter, beads, glow sticks...  and a few heterosexual couples as well. 
"What am I doing here?" he asks himself over and over. He doesn't know the answer yet, but he knows that if any of his family acquaintances knew he is at the Pride /Fest, he would lose everything he's worked for - respect and acceptance from family, friends, teachers, neighbors; and he isn't ready to face reality on his own. He saw it happen to his brother. And he is not going to repeat the story. It's then when he decides that he is going to do the NORMAL thing to do: go on to college on a football scholarship, and marry Haley as everyone is expecting them to. Yes, that's what he's meant to do. His parents don't deserve another disappointment. However, when he looks around once again, he feels free. He is home.


© 2011 Adrian X Fuentess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How well I know that feeling of belonging, yet feeling guilty that I shouldn't. Nicely expressed. I'm going to read the next chapter now...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Emotional. Powerful.
I feel for John. He doesn't want to lose the respect and love of his family, friends, and society. He's scared to admit it, so he doesn't.
I love the last sentence especially.
"He is home."

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2011
Last Updated on September 13, 2011


Author

Adrian X Fuentess
Adrian X Fuentess

Omaha, NE



About
English is my second language, so i do appreciate some pointers in my grammar. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave me some feedback and coming back. i will return the favor. more..

Writing