Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

A Chapter by Adrian X Fuentess
"

Freedom

"
"Sorry, babe, he's straight." Ashley tells Parker when he makes a comment of how cute is the only male volunteer security guard. 
Parker, not giving away his disappointment, replies that it was only a compliment. "I'm not ready to date, even if he was gay," he says. And just like that, the excitement he once had for Pride Fest evaporated into the humid afternoon. His chest hurts out of the sudden. His cheeks burn with blood boiling its way up to his eyes. Words choke on his throat. His lungs running out of oxygen. And there it is again, the image of the man that he thought was THE ONE running through his head; it makes him sick to his stomach, and the now familiar metallic taste in his mouth joins the parade. Parker knows those feelings so well by now; the anger, the sadness, the frustration, the love, the betrayal. The man he thought could be the right one at last, in bed with some trashy trick. The same bed that he and Parker bought together as symbol of their commitment. 
I just want to have fun, Parker tells himself, and with that thought in mind, he chugs the rest of his beer. And three right after, wishing to drown out the pain that's killing him inside out. Or at least, to forget about it for a few hours.


© 2011 Adrian X Fuentess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011


Author

Adrian X Fuentess
Adrian X Fuentess

Omaha, NE



About
English is my second language, so i do appreciate some pointers in my grammar. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave me some feedback and coming back. i will return the favor. more..

Writing